Deal Classic Motor Show 2018

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Deal Classic Motor Show 2018

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi,

As title this cracking show has been confirmed for Sat 26th May 2018 !

I attended this for the first time last year and was not disappointed. Its a great show in a lovely location on Walmers Green right on the seafront at Deal. I met up with Peter and his wife last year for a nice chat which was great and I also briefly met with Steve ( stish ) for the first time. Hope you guys can make it again ?

Peter...might you be tempted to bring along one of your Capri's this year ? You did hint at this last year ? No pressure :lol:
Steve...can't wait to see your absolutely stunning paint restoration on yours fella...I know I will be happily green with envy...or should this be Lacquer Red with envy. Thing is it will show up all the imperfections in mine now...thanks Steve !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway as said everyone this really is a lovely show with a great array of cars set in a lovely location...weather permitting :lol:

I already checked and have that weekend off :woot:

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Deal Classic Motor Show 2018

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Hi,

right on the seafront at Deal.
Had to go to Deal seafront this afternoon. Pi$$ed down. Again :lol:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Ha ha, looking forward to seeing you to Nick! We’ll probably be on our club stand but don’t fret, I’ll find you!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I have heard that Noel Edmunds is going to open the show , you never know it may be deal or no deal ... that he turns up .

Sorry that was bad .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Vic Reeves and Nancy Sorrel are opening the show. Personally, don’t know what to make of celebrities opening a classic car show. Probably bring more punters but still not to sure.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote:Had to go to Deal seafront this afternoon. Pi$$ed
:o Hope you weren't driving Peter ! :lol:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Peter-S wrote:Had to go to Deal seafront this afternoon. Pi$$ed
:o Hope you weren't driving Peter ! :lol:
come on, we all need a hobby :lmao:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote:come on, we all need a hobby :lmao:
:shock: Ermmm maybe you need a new hobby Mr 'S'...surely a nice game like Bowls would be more appropiate for a man of your stature mate...oops: :lol: :sorry:

Lawn Green Bowls : Played on a very well manicured and flat green and games are played in straight directional 'lanes' parrallel with the borders of the green. Multiple games can take place on the same green without encroachment from other parties if heed is taken to the strict directional play rules in place at all clubs/greens. Players have four bowls each if playing singles or pairs, three bowls each for triplets and two bowls each for fours. Played mostly in the south of England and can be played both inside and outdoors I believe.

Crown Green Bowls : Played on an intentionally uneven surface with a raised 'crown' at the centre, hence the name Crown Green Bowls. What is unique with Crown Green Bowls is play can take place in any direction on the green ie: straight up and down or across the green at any angle. Multiple parties need to show green etiquette when 'crossing over other 'play runs'. Players only play with two bowls each so a maxium score of two points per end is possible. Crown Green Bowls is played mainly in the midlands and north England and only outside I believe.

Hope this helps Peter :)

If bowls is not for you mate you can always stick to your excellent mechanical work on your Capri's and drinking beer if both practices are kept separate :lol: :lol:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Peter-S wrote:come on, we all need a hobby :lmao:
:shock: Ermmm maybe you need a new hobby Mr 'S'...surely a nice game like Bowls would be more appropiate for a man of your stature mate...oops: :lol: :sorry:

Lawn Green Bowls : Played on a very well manicured and flat green and games are played in straight directional 'lanes' parrallel with the borders of the green. Multiple games can take place on the same green without encroachment from other parties if heed is taken to the strict directional play rules in place at all clubs/greens. Players have four bowls each if playing singles or pairs, three bowls each for triplets and two bowls each for fours. Played mostly in the south of England and can be played both inside and outdoors I believe.

Crown Green Bowls : Played on an intentionally uneven surface with a raised 'crown' at the centre, hence the name Crown Green Bowls. What is unique with Crown Green Bowls is play can take place in any direction on the green ie: straight up and down or across the green at any angle. Multiple parties need to show green etiquette when 'crossing over other 'play runs'. Players only play with two bowls each so a maxium score of two points per end is possible. Crown Green Bowls is played mainly in the midlands and north England and only outside I believe.

Hope this helps Peter :)

If bowls is not for you mate you can always stick to your excellent mechanical work on your Capri's and drinking beer if both practices are kept separate :lol: :lol:

Crown Green you say Nick, tell me more.

On second thoughts I've just remembered a long interest in old airplanes so I'll go back to that. Over a glass of sherry :xd: