Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11843
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:07 pm

andyd wrote:I am hoping leave Podimore at 7.30 so we can be at Haynes for 7.45 :)

Message received and understood, Captain! :D

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5516
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:I am hoping leave Podimore at 7.30 so we can be at Haynes for 7.45 :)

Message received and understood, Captain! :D

Andrew.

No, No, No, not me :)

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5516
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:20 pm

A great morning and good to meet up with Andrew again and Rob and his wife :D

2 cracking Capris too chaps :applaud:

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1416
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Caprifan Rob » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:52 pm

andyd wrote:A great morning and good to meet up with Andrew again and Rob and his wife :D

2 cracking Capris too chaps :applaud:

Cheers Andy & thanks for the warm welcome from yourself & the XR crowd alike. Nice to meet you all. :cheers: Your club cars are stunning.
Thanks Andrew too for being a Capri shaped Sat-nav :D Much appreciated. :applaud:
Last edited by Caprifan Rob on Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11843
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:56 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:Thanks Andrew too for being a Capri shaped Sat-nav :D Much appreciated. :applaud:

Cheers Rob, luckily the navigation went to plan...... :whistle:
What a pleasure it was to see a beautiful Capri every time I looked in the mirror! :D

andyd wrote:A great morning and good to meet up with Andrew again and Rob and his wife :D
2 cracking Capris too chaps :applaud:


Hi Andy,
Thanks to your excellent organisation skills, we arrived just at the right time to claim the prime parking spots!
I loved your car and the other amazing cars from the XR club. :D
All in all, what a brilliant day! We should do it again in April or May.

Cheers,
Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5516
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:11 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:


Hi Andy,
Thanks to your excellent organisation skills, we arrived just at the right time to claim the prime parking spots!
I loved your car and the other amazing cars from the XR club. :D
All in all, what a brilliant day! We should do it again in April or May.

Cheers,
Andrew.

:cheers: Andrew.
:agree: It worked out well and yes April/May sounds good :D

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5516
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:13 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:Cheers Andy & thanks for the warm welcome from yourself & the XR crowd alike. Nice to meet you all. :cheers: Your club cars are stunning.

:welcome: :wave:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1914
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Jasonmarie » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:14 pm

:cool: glad to here you all had a good time and the weather was spot again .

I wait our number ones photograph as now a good time but if your really in to your cars and like having a very long read I would check out Mr 2.8i AKA Mr Andrews flick R account as it’s outstanding and also the albums are so good . Also some cars I had never seen before just read about .

:beer: :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11843
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:33 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:I wait our number ones photograph as now a good time but if your really in to your cars and like having a very long read I would check out Mr 2.8i AKA Mr Andrews flick R account


Hi Jason,
Thanks!
If you follow me on Flickr, you get a sneak preview, as you get to see the photos as soon as they are uploaded.


I think I only took the one photo today.... :whistle:
That's a photo of our cars at the rendezvous point.

Image

It's going to take me some time to sort through the other photos, so they might not be uploaded on here for a little while.

Sadly, Neil couldn't make it today. He sent me a text to apologise and to say that he slept through his alarm.

Cheers,
Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5516
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:37 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Sadly, Neil couldn't make it today. He sent me a text to apologise and to say that he slept through his alarm.


:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :wave:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11843
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:38 pm

andyd wrote: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :wave:

The forum's own Rip Van Winkle..... :D
If we meet again in April, he might be awake by then! :lol: :sorry: Neil!

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5516
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:12 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :wave:

The forum's own Rip Van Winkle..... :D
If we meet again in April, he might be awake by then! :lol: :sorry: Neil!

Andrew.

http://9xw0h49o7xv2hkoym1wqjuz6.wpengin ... -van-3.jpg
Or are you suggesting Neil is a Tortiose :headscratch: :)

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....
Location: South Bucks

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby D366Y » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:54 am

Love that fiesta! Glad to hear you had a good day out, I look forward to seeing the rest of your pictures :)

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5516
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:21 am

D366Y wrote:Love that fiesta!

That incredibly clean Supersport is always very popular at shows :)

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1416
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Caprifan Rob » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:43 am

andyd wrote:
D366Y wrote:Love that fiesta!

That incredibly clean Supersport is always very popular at shows :)

No wonder, it’s an amazing car. Very impressed with it. :applaud:

User avatar
sheff
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:52 am
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby sheff » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:05 pm

andyd wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Sadly, Neil couldn't make it today. He sent me a text to apologise and to say that he slept through his alarm.


:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :wave:


Yeah sorry Andy, Rob and Andrew..... I didn't want to miss this one as I've only done one meet this year :(
Hopefully we can meet up next year and next time I won't go to bed :doh:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5516
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:13 pm

sheff wrote:
andyd wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Sadly, Neil couldn't make it today. He sent me a text to apologise and to say that he slept through his alarm.


:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :wave:


Yeah sorry Andy, Rob and Andrew..... I didn't want to miss this one as I've only done one meet this year :(
Hopefully we can meet up next year and next time I won't go to bed :doh:

No problem Neil, it is a great morning out and I think you would enjoy it....

One meet :o That could be an all time record :lol:

I've beat last years 700 miles covering just under 800 miles since April, and still a few weeks to go until SORN!

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11843
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:58 pm

andyd wrote: it is a great morning out

I couldn't agree more. It was a brilliant morning and much better than I expected it to be. The only negative point was that I was hoping to have time to look around the museum, but there were so many cars at the breakfast meet, I simply didn't have time to go in!
Hopefully Neil will be able to come next time we organise a little get together at this meet.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5516
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:08 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote: it is a great morning out

I couldn't agree more. It was a brilliant morning and much better than I expected it to be. The only negative point was that I was hoping to have time to look around the museum, but there were so many cars at the breakfast meet, I simply didn't have time to go in!
Hopefully Neil will be able to come next time we organise a little get together at this meet.

Andrew.

Trust the Captain :cheers:

The good thing is when the meet finishes you still have time to look around the museum if you want to :D
Although that prolongs the day even more in Andrews and Robs case :?

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11843
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:51 pm

andyd wrote:Trust the Captain :cheers:
The good thing is when the meet finishes you still have time to look around the museum if you want to :D
Although that prolongs the day even more in Andrews and Robs case :?

I do trust the Captain! :D
Good point. From the meet finishing there is about 6 hours left to look around the museum, that should be enough for a lot of people.
However, I had a good look through some of the windows into the museum display areas, and there looked to be hundreds of exhibits. As a result of that, instead of paying to get in and then rushing about, I thought it would be better to have a whole day to leisurely look around.

Andrew.
Image