Ford Fest - Santa Pod this Sunday

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Ford Fest - Santa Pod this Sunday

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi all.

Thought this might interest some of you :)

http://www.fordfestshow.co.uk/fordfest-show

As title Ford Fest is on this Sunday at the brilliant Santa Pod Raceway. This show is still in its early stages but looks really good hearing reports from last years show. Yep it will have 'all' Fords so not as 'Classic' as some would like but still reckon there will be a nice selection of older Fords running up the 1/4 mile !

I would love to get along to this show but I have to go to Deal, Kent on Sunday with the wife as her twin nieces are being christened and she is God Parent so cant get out of this one.....

If anyone goes have a great day :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Ford Fest - Santa Pod this Sunday

Post by andyd »

Not my cup of tea, personally I don't like seeing old Fords with modern engines etc :roll:

Anyone that does go, have a good day :)
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Found this re. this event;

*Weather Update*
Due to severe inclement weather conditions this afternoon, some areas of the site are waterlogged. This will affect some club areas. If your club stand starts with one of these letters; J, K, W, X, or Z you will not have access to your club stand. If you are currently in the campsite and belong to one of these affected clubs, please remain in the campsite and do not attempt to move your car in the morning. If you are arriving in the morning and are due to park in one of these areas, you will be directed to a general parking area, not your club stand.

This is totally out of our control, sadly nature has beaten us today. Please be aware the main show will continue as normal, all trade stands are unaffected and weather permitting the drag strip will carry on as normal.

Lets hope for some sunshine tomorrow!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

After all the rain we've had over the last few days it's not surprising that some show fields are affected by flooding or waterlogging.
As the organisers have said, it's totally beyond their control but the poor weather will have an effect on the number of show visitors. Happily, better weather is expected today.

Andrew.