Queens Square Meet

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Re: Queens Square Meet

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi all,

Sorry, as you've possibly guessed, I won't make Julys meet up. I am still hoping to join you all in September though... I bet it's a good one tomorrow too as it's looking like a great day.... Hope to see the pics later, cheers,

John...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi John,
Taff50ish wrote:Sorry, as you've possibly guessed, I won't make Julys meet up.
We guessed that as it was a month ago! :) Sorry John, I couldn't stop myself........
Taff50ish wrote:I am still hoping to join you all in September though
That would be awesome if you could make it, along with anybody else who wishes to come. We should have a good forum crowd going, hopefully it will be a great end of season meet-up.

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi chaps,

Hope you all have a great morning at this brilliant meet. As you know I am going to Battlesbridge with John tomorrow so will also miss this one. Bet there will be lots of attention for the three forum Capri's :)

Have safe journeys guys.

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hey Andrew,

I think I can rest my case for nearly missing Battlesbridge with that Statement!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: JULY!!!! What happened!!!!

Really hope I can make the September one. I also hope Mark gets his Heads together and can make this too??? Best of luck fella!!! Cheers,

John...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hi chaps.

Sorry but cant make this one. I am actually off work over that weekend but last night Mrs F booked us up a caravan in Norfolk. We are going thurs-sun.! But it is a 'Prestige' caravan with all mod cons :)

Real shame as its pretty rare to get such a good turnout of forum members at the same time. Hope you have a great morning chaps !

All the best

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Sorry but cant make this one.
Hi Nick,
Sorry to hear that.
I hope that you enjoy your long weekend away in Norfolk.

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Sorry to hear that.
I hope that you enjoy your long weekend away in Norfolk.
Thanks Andrew.

Dont tell Mrs F but I'm a bit gutted to be missing this one as its the meeting up with forum members that I really like and this will be a good gatheting indeed. She was hinting for a while she wanted to have one last 'mini holiday' before the summer was completely out so I was worried this would be the weekend she 'chose' :cry: :lol:

I do jest but I must admit I do really love our little caravan holidays and these prestige vans are amazing nowadays and we dont get called a bleedin 'Grockle' by the good folk of Norfolk !! :wave:

Wait till you guys see Johns quad lights...they are really stunning !!

All the best

Nick
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

:banghead: Guys, I'm not on facebook but my son just said, on the QS meet website, the police have cancelled September's meet due to having received a complaint. Shite :!:
Still up for a meet, but it's not going to be at the square. They have moved the venue in the past to a local super car dealership, if anyone going is on 'the book' can you keep us informed.
Was really looking forward to this.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Caprifan Rob wrote:Still up for a meet, but it's not going to be at the square. They have moved the venue in the past to a local super car dealership
Hi Rob,
Thanks for letting us know. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. :(
In the past when there has been a clash of events at QS, some of the regulars have met at a dealership on Cribbs Causeway, as you say. Another alternative solution that has happened in the past is that the date has been brought forward or delayed by a week. If either of those happen, it usually results in confusion because it's only Facebook users that are aware of any changes. I know from experience that this confusion usually means a poor turn out of cars.
The meet will be back at QS in October as usual. What do you chaps want to do?

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

I will bow out, as I had to be back by lunchtime for a family birthday, so would have been pushing it for time.

If you do have a meet up have a good one, and hopefully catch up next year.....
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:I will bow out
Hi Andy,
That's probably for the best, as it's just not worth travelling all that way for a small meet in a car park. Sadly, I won't be going either.
Hopefully you'll be able to experience the atmosphere of a QS meet next year.

Andrew.
brooky
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.0 Laser and XR4x4i.

Post by brooky »

Same for me, not worth 2 hours travel for not a lot to see, hopefully we can do october
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

I don't think its a complaint this is the statement on FB.

Queen Square Bristol Breakfast Club
22 August at 18:20 ·

Hi everyone,

We've been contacted by the great people at Avon and Somerset Constabulary to inform us that issues concerning the centre of Bristol mean that we won't be able to hold our regular monthly meet their on the September 10th.

We are currently looking at alternative venues and will get back to you as soon as possible with options. Another possibility is to move the date to either the weekend before or the one after.

If anyone has a suggestion for a venue please do get in touch, although please no car parks, The Downs or Ashton Court.

We'll keep you all up to date with any more information.

Many thanks.

I will keep an eye out for any updates as they could move to the week before or after.

All the best
Neil
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

sheff wrote: I will keep an eye out for any updates as they could move to the week before or after.

All the best
Neil
Cheers Neil, can't see this as not on Facebook, bit gutted about this, can make week after, but on shift next weekend so won't be able to make that. Please let us know if it moves.
Thanks,
Rob
andyd

Post by andyd »

Just Googled queens square car meet bristol, and got a list of options including this Facebook link;
https://en-gb.facebook.com/BristolBreakfastClub/

I do this a lot, and most times you can view the FB page you want, you just can't comment or join in discussions.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi All,
Rob's comments are accurate. I know from talking to the boys in blue during the QS meets that they do receive lots of complaints about noise and nuisance every single month. Luckily, the police who are there all seem to be car enthusiasts, and therefore don't cause any issues for any of the drivers. Unless they do something really silly.

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi All,
Rob's comments are accurate. I know from talking to the boys in blue during the QS meets that they do receive lots of complaintsabout noise and nuisance every single month. Luckily, the police who are there all seem to be car enthusiasts, and therefore don't cause any issues for any of the drivers. Unless they do something really silly.

Andrew.
Copied from many of the comments on the official FB page;

Alex Ethridge; This must be one of those classic examples of something great and worthwhile being let down by a small minority of individuals, such a shame but I did wonder how long it would last....
22 August at 10:30

Queen Square Bristol Breakfast Club; This is a one off due to the Square being inaccessible on the 10th, it will be back October.
22 August at 10:33
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Queen Square Bristol Breakfast Club; This is a one off due to the Square being inaccessible on the 10th, it will be back October.
Hi Andy,
Yes, I read that (I'm not on FB either, by the way). The original statement from the police that the cancellation is due to "issues concerning the centre of Bristol" seems a bit strange though. I've searched and can't find any events scheduled for the same day being held in the centre. I wonder if there could be more to this than meets the eye?

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote: Queen Square Bristol Breakfast Club; This is a one off due to the Square being inaccessible on the 10th, it will be back October.
Hi Andy,
Yes, I read that (I'm not on FB either, by the way). The original statement from the police that the cancellation is due to "issues concerning the centre of Bristol" seems a bit strange though. I've searched and can't find any events scheduled for the same day being held in the centre. I wonder if there could be more to this than meets the eye?

Andrew.
Hi Andrew,
:agree: It all sounds a bit dubious.
We all know how some drivers can behave when arriving/leaving these events, and in a built up/populated area it can easily be a problem....
They will or have ruined it for others :(

Andy
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:We all know how some drivers can behave when arriving/leaving these events, and in a built up/populated area it can easily be a problem....
:agree:
As with any meet, it would be a shame if it was cancelled because of the antics of a few idiots.
I guess we'll find out soon enough whether that's the case here.

Andrew.