Chedder Gorge Meet

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
Post Reply
User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7031
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Chedder Gorge Meet

Post by andyd » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 am

After the success of last months South West Capri Club run, they will be holding another on Sunday July 19th.

The route will as be as follows;

Meeting point will be Morrisons Weston for 9am

Locking Castle District Centre, Highlands Ln, Weston-super-Mare, BS24 7AY

Just off J21 M5

Cheddar - Wells - Glastonbury - Street - Burnham

Burnham-on-sea is located just a few miles of J22 M5!

Some South Wales Capri Club members are attending and I will be there along with other cars from Devon/Somerset area :cool:
Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

westcountryboy
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:09 pm
Car(s): Skoda Kodiaq, VX Zafira and the 1600 laser

Re: Chedder Gorge Meet

Post by westcountryboy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:21 pm

I will try and get there - hoping my 1600 can keep up with all those V6's!

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7031
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Chedder Gorge Meet

Post by andyd » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:51 pm

westcountryboy wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:21 pm
I will try and get there - hoping my 1600 can keep up with all those V6's!
:lol:
Can meet you at Taunton Deane services 08.20 sharp or at Morrisons WSM 09.00.

Just let me know a day or so before :cool:

We've been having drives to Dartmoor with a local Ford club, and planning one this coming Sunday 5th if you fancy that?
Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

westcountryboy
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:09 pm
Car(s): Skoda Kodiaq, VX Zafira and the 1600 laser

Re: Chedder Gorge Meet

Post by westcountryboy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:36 am

Thanks Andy - just picked up the message here.

Whilst the laser has now been taxed - I'll have to give Dartmoor a miss this weekend as the wife is on call all weekend (vet) and, tempting though it is, I think i'd be in a whole heap of trouble to leave the kids at home.

Cheddar Gorge though - will try for that.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7031
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Chedder Gorge Meet

Post by andyd » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:26 am

westcountryboy wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:36 am
Thanks Andy - just picked up the message here.

Whilst the laser has now been taxed - I'll have to give Dartmoor a miss this weekend as the wife is on call all weekend (vet) and, tempting though it is, I think i'd be in a whole heap of trouble to leave the kids at home.

Cheddar Gorge though - will try for that.
Due to the weather and last weekends experience, tomorrows meet has been put off until Sunday 12th.

If not maybe see you at Chedder!
Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 13275
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Chedder Gorge Meet

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:42 am

andyd wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:26 am
Due to the weather and last weekends experience
I'm curious, what happened last weekend?

The Cheddar Gorge thing sounds good, I hope you have a great time.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7031
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Chedder Gorge Meet

Post by andyd » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:07 am

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:42 am
andyd wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:26 am
Due to the weather and last weekends experience
I'm curious, what happened last weekend?

The Cheddar Gorge thing sounds good, I hope you have a great time.

Andrew.
Typical June weather Andrew, windy and drizzle most of the morning :doh:

I grew up about 30 minutes from Chedder so went there quite alot in the 70's and 80's especially. Should be good and should sound great too :D

Hope the jobs on your Capri are coming along nicely :cool:
Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

Post Reply