Simply Ford Beaulieu 2018

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
andyd
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4

Simply Ford Beaulieu 2018

Postby andyd » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:10 pm

The event will be held on May 6th https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-ford/

The XR Owners club will not be attending.......Another Westcountry club is apparently giving it a miss too :?
We thought it was getting a bit too modern with all the Fiesta/Focus ST's and RS's etc, and the fact it's over a 200 mile round trip, and a good 16 hour day for some. Along with that, poor XR Members turnout since 2015 hasn't helped either, therefore we have decided to do something closer to home.

Hope some of you guys still attend, and booking details are in the link, or as long as you turn up at the same time you can all park together.

Andy

Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Admin Member for 11 years on the smaxownersclub

Re: Simply Ford Beaulieu 2018

Postby Jasonmarie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Funny as I see a you tube of the cars leaving the event this year and it was wheelspin and smoke in newer fords .

Not my cup of tea as my wife said the other week when I dropped the Capri off for its mot I drove like a old boy .
Don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad .

Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special. Weekly driver to every few days.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Re: Simply Ford Beaulieu 2018

Postby Taff50ish » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:50 am

Hi Andy,

First off, let me thank you for all the work you have put into this over the last years to get us all together for a Great Day out. Thank you!!!

Sadly I did miss last years show, but I do understand what you mean about all the modern metal (Sorry, plastic...) there, also the drive, I do love driving the Cappa, but it is a long day once your back home and nodding off with your first Beer in hand on the sofa... :xd: :xd: :xd:

I hope to meet up at another show next year again, maybe something half way'ish between us??? Cheers Andy, all the very best and thanks for the time you put into this again,

John...

Return to “Events”