Cheddar Gorge meet July 2020

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Cheddar Gorge meet July 2020

Post by Caprifan Rob »

First I’d like to thank Andy for letting us know about this meet :cheers: . Was a great day out if you like Capris & car meets. Met up in Weston Morrisons first, great to catch up with with familiar faces & meet some new ones. Enjoyed your company.

Then on to Cheddar for a great drive through the gorge & a park up to watch the car show passing our little gathering. Loads of Capris to enjoy.

A few more shots of the cars & location.

Will go again, Cheers, Rob
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Cheddar Gorge meet July 2020

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Rob,
That looks like an amazing gathering of Capris and other classics, and what a great location. 8-) Just what the doctor ordered after such a long time without any shows.
Your Capri looks as stunning as ever, even more specular than the scenery!
That white Laser with X pack resides in Llanelli (I think) now.

I'm in shock that you actually had enough free storage on your phone to take photos this time.... :lol:

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:56 pm Hi Rob,
That looks like an amazing gathering of Capris and other classics, and what a great location. 8-) Just what the doctor ordered after such a long time without any shows.
Your Capri looks as stunning as ever, even more specular than the scenery!
That white Laser with X pack resides in Llanelli (I think) now.

I'm in shock that you actually had enough free storage on your phone to take photos this time.... :lol:

Andrew.
It was brilliant Andrew, will definitely go again. (Will post that fiver for your comment on the Capri ;)) . White X pack was a good looking car, MK1 Kierans blue Fiesta was immaculate too, managed to capture them as I've got a new phone with more storage :D
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Great that you got out rob great pictures , was the cheese shop open :lol:

Nice to see things getting back to Pre-Lockdown :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Jasonmarie wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:39 pm Great that you got out rob great pictures , was the cheese shop open :lol:

Nice to see things getting back to Pre-Lockdown :cool:
Plenty of cheese available in Cheddar :D . Yes after months of lockdown, this was a socially distanced great day out.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Glad you had a good day Rob :cheers:
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:22 am Glad you had a good day Rob :cheers:
Cheers for the heads up :cheers:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Great pictures Rob, looks like that was the place to be :)
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
westcountryboy
Car(s): Skoda Kodiaq, VX Zafira and the 1600 laser

Post by westcountryboy »

T'was a good day - lots of capris and good to meet everyone. The only stress I had was my bloomin carb playing up from the convoy run from WSM to Cheddar (See Q&A section) - its doing my head in!! :banghead:
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Peter-S wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:17 pm Great pictures Rob, looks like that was the place to be :)
Cheers Peter, lots going on. Didn't realise how much of a draw it was for car meets.
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

westcountryboy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:22 pm T'was a good day - lots of capris and good to meet everyone. The only stress I had was my bloomin carb playing up from the convoy run from WSM to Cheddar (See Q&A section) - its doing my head in!! :banghead:
Great to meet you and the kids on the day, didn't realise you had issues on the way there. Hope you get it sorted soon :goodluck:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Is this our Rob spinning his wheels :lol:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:47 am Is this our Rob spinning his wheels :lol:
Looking at some of that, I'm glad I missed it!!

The Haynes meet is pretty much the same :roll:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

The Capris in the video look fantastic. What a great turnout of classics.

I hope that I don't sound like a fuddy-duddy but if they are hoping to make this a regular meet, the organisers need to clamp down on the anti social driving as it will upset the locals. Before you know it there will be a large Police presence and another great meet will be lost forever.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:29 pm The Capris in the video look fantastic. What a great turnout of classics.

I hope that I don't sound like a fuddy-duddy but if they are hoping to make this a regular meet, the organisers need to clamp down on the anti social driving as it will upset the locals. Before you know it there will be a large Police presence and another great meet will be lost forever.

Andrew.
Go to bed Grandad :lol:

Actually those were my thoughts exactly Andrew :( This is why I prefer classic car shows rather than car meets.

Maybe I'm just getting old :wave:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:29 pm The Capris in the video look fantastic. What a great turnout of classics.

Andrew.
Fuddy- Duddy .? :lol:

Yes not the type of show I would attend I mean rob went for the cheese and wine , also agree with Andrew as I bet the push bike lot were happy , talking push bikes I did see a picture of a member on here riding a push bike and they had a beard yes a hairy biker :lol: :roll:
Please guess the member :cool:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:39 pm This is why I prefer classic car shows rather than car meets.
I must admit to quite liking this sort of meet. Being out on the streets adds an extra element of excitement to a show, and you can see cars in motion with the associated noise and smells. Sometimes it can get a bit boring when the cars are just parked in a field.

It's unfortunate that some drivers feel the need to show off in front of a crowd. Most of us have had first hand experience of shows/meets being cancelled or banned because of those antics.

I'm off to bed with a cup of cocoa now! :lol:

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:48 pm Please guess the member :cool:
Well, it definitely wasn't me as I haven't been anywhere near a bike since I passed my driving test!

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Thanks for posting up the video Jason. Got to be honest, I loved it. Not everyone did though as the police shut the road down due to anti social driving at 3 o'clock! We left at 12 & got ridiculed for not spinning my wheels sideways :D Thing is, half the people there were out for a Sunday drive with the family and were not expecting to be caught up in a scene from Fast & Furious and I totally empathise with that.
When we go to Castle Combe / Llandow / Goodwood you expect nothing less, you even get it at Haynes. That's why I get so much more from a meet, not interested in a park in a field with a chair & flask (CCI excepted ;) ). Dont feel the need to spin my wheels on the road, we get our kicks flat out on track days.
What you saw on the video is what you got, not condoning the antics of some but if it was anything, it was certainly a far more exciting way to spend a Sunday than watching TV.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Caprifan Rob wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:44 pm the police shut the road down due to anti social driving at 3 o'clock!
Presumably the police received complaints and acted on that information. Sadly, it doesn't look good for any future meets in that location as I think the number of complaints will snowball once the word gets around the community.
What a pity as it looked like it could have been good day out. As is often the case, there's always a few that wreck it for everybody else.

Andrew.