Whitstable 2019

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Whitstable 2019

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi all.

Just a few pics to add to Jason's from this cracking day we had outcast Whitstable on Sunday. Sorry did not post sooner but was busy with personal stuff all day Monday. I hope you enjoy the pictures. Thisxtealkybiscaxstunnjng show in a beautiful location right on the seafront overlooking the sea. Steve (stish) told me of this show a few times and recommended it... rightly so. Fantastic day out as said and in great company too. Had some laughs and great chats. AND I was honoured to be present alongside Jason for his first ever drive in the wet in his stunning Laser. He asked me how the wipers worked but think he was asking the wrong person :lol:
So heres a few pics. Yep a fair number of forum Capris but how could I not in such great company. A 1.6L, 2.p Laser and 2.8i Special. What a line up and what a superb four way convoy down the A2/M2 :D

Tom popped round to mine so what a opportunity for a quick photo shoot before we hit the road. His 1.6L really is a credit to him.!!

Imageforensic anthropology employment

And then onto South Mimms to meet John who contacted me about 0530am to tell me he had woken up and was coming after all :lol: :lol:
Imageforensics salary pay scale

Notice the conditions... Pissing rain !!!

After popping round to Jason then his dad's we all arrived and got parked up at a very wet Whitstable
Imagenearest gas station open now

But what a stunning location even in the rain

I was in great company indeed
Imageregions bank store locator

Tom's beautiful 1.6L again

John's stunning 2.8i Special

And our Jason's beauty of a 2.0 Pinto. Love it.!!
Imagefallout new vegas owb

Went for a walk and Jason was misbehaving. Look at the sign he put on B112 behind my back :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A

And now for something special... Andrews immaculate 2.0S. Seen this at Battlesbridge a few yes back and was great to see Andrew at Whitstable too. Had a really good chat and spent about an hour with Jason looking over his Capri WOW!! Remarkable car. One deffo to be seen and sooooo original it's amazing. So a couple of pics

The detail gone into Andrews 2.0S is simply staggering
Imagehow much does an anthropologist make a year

And for me this has to be one of the nicest interior in a Capri. Simply divine :heart: :heart: :heart:

A couple of other Capris spotted at the show

Now the non Capris. Will just post pics and let you enjoy but first up this beautiful Bristol deserves a mention. Stunning car and how cool is the spare wheel compartment. This was is amazing condition

Imageforensic anthropologist salary range

Imagehow to find diesel gas stations

Imagevault boy wink

As said at the start I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did taking them.

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Whitstable 2019

Post by andyd »

Great pics Nick :applaud:

Glad you had a good day, shame about the rain but now you've done it once you can do it again :whistle: :lol:

:goodluck:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Great pictures there Nick and what a great day I have been under the Capri drying her off underneath with a hair dryer :lol:
I did here two people fell of there chairs . :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

More importantly - which one of your neighbours has that mk3 fezza and is it a proper XR?? :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
andyd

Post by andyd »

D366Y wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:31 am More importantly - which one of your neighbours has that mk3 fezza and is it a proper XR?? :lol:
Well spotted Dan :)
Looks like a Fiesta RS Turbo.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

andyd wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:44 am
D366Y wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:31 am More importantly - which one of your neighbours has that mk3 fezza and is it a proper XR?? :lol:
That's what I want to know - would love one haha
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

D366Y wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:13 pm
My mate is selling his black one soon. It will probably need some work though, just not sure how much yet.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Very nice Nick. Recognise one or two cars from recent shows but looks like you got some new stuff too.
I did think of you Sunday morning when it started to rain but then it was always going to wasn't it :lol:
We were over in Dover most of the day and it was really nice. Glad you seem to have ended up with the same weather :D
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

andyd wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:29 pm

My mate is selling his black one soon. It will probably need some work though, just not sure how much yet.
Well definitely let me know! Worst I can do is say no and I have the space for a 'small' car just not another capri haha
andyd

Post by andyd »

D366Y wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:18 pm
andyd wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Well definitely let me know! Worst I can do is say no and I have the space for a 'small' car just not another capri haha
Will do :cheers:

The car is a few hours away from here and was parked up due to smoking engine. The turbo was rebuilt at least 5 years ago but it still smokes. It started and ran fine in 2014 when I saw it. He told me he is plans to bring it back and strip the interior to check condition of the floors etc and sell it on for someone else to sort out. Think it's on a J plate.

I will let him know you may be interested. He has a recovery truck so delivery isn't an issue.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Great pictures Nick, looked a good turnout. I thought that first picture of the Bristol was a Capri that had been in an accident at first glance until I saw the spare :doh: . Good turnout & great venue, shame you had to use the wipers but at least you know they work. :cheers:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
What a terrific show, thanks for uploading so many brilliant photos. It's a pity about the rain, but it looks like it cleared up later.
What a great location for a car show, providing that spectacular sea view. But who would be looking at the view when there's such an amazing selection of Capris on display?
It's nice that the very rare (one of a kind) Gilbern T11 prototype was on display. A great looking car.

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:35 pmI did think of you Sunday morning when it started to rain but then it was always going to wasn't it :lol:
Every bleedin time I drive to Kent it rains Peter...every bleedin time, whether it be Deal, Tickover, Jason and now Whitstable !!! Its really starting to get to me now mate. Its not as though I dont pay the Dart Charge :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Thanks Andrew,

This really is a great show mate. Has a bit of everything.
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:54 pmIt's nice that the very rare (one of a kind) Gilbern T11 prototype was on display. A great looking car.
Yes mate. Really is a beautiful looking car. It is very hard to believe its a " one off " as its such a stunning looking thing !!! That colour really pops on it too !!!

Imagepnc atm near me
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:39 am Great pics Nick :applaud:
Glad you had a good day, shame about the rain but now you've done it once you can do it again :whistle: :lol:
Thanks Andy, Yep great day spent in great company :)

Mate the scary thing is I went to bed Sat night and the chance of "precipitation" first thing Sun was 8-12 % so pretty low, but by the time I had woken up at 5am it was 94% !!!!! FFS !!!! What are these weather "experts" doing ???????? Obviously not their bleedin job correctly !!! Bleedin pissed down pretty much most of the way down. I was shocked that John had managed to scramble himself so early on a Sun :lol: but think he was more shocked that I had actually turned up myself at South Mimms in such terrible conditions in B112 :lol: :lol:

I WILL NEVER GET USED TO THIS ANDY !!!!!! :wave: :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:14 amI did here two people fell of there chairs . :lol:
Yep these two chaps who will go un-named ;) ;) ;) will both need to be much more "chair"full in future :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

:lol: :lol: :lol: Bleedin Hell Danny, very observant fella. Very well spotted sir !! Not actually seen the guy who owns this yet but one of our groundsmen is desperate to buy it from him if he sees him :lol: Looks the real deal but will get some details on it when I see him. Dont see many of these about.... :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Caprifan Rob wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:31 pm Great pictures Nick, looked a good turnout. I thought that first picture of the Bristol was a Capri that had been in an accident at first glance until I saw the spare :doh: . Good turnout & great venue, shame you had to use the wipers but at least you know they work. :cheers:
Hi Rob, Thanks fella. Will deffo be coming to this show again mate. Fantastic array of classics for everyone but for me the company made the day for me ! Had a simply splendid day with Jason and his Dad, Tom and John and catching up with Andrew and his amazing 2.0S was just brilliant too !!!

Do I have to replace the rubbers on the wipers after getting them wet. No mention in Haynes ???? Jason wants to know this too !! :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Here’s a few pictures that mad woman took of us all .
Attachments
95B8F679-1814-4D80-A551-6EEA44B92E9F.jpeg
86ED726A-904A-432D-A3B0-35D2F88C40DD.jpeg
7EBD526D-1B2E-4255-A664-3905A806A6C5.jpeg
774C24A5-0D58-405A-B35B-A64D27ECC4E8.jpeg
92A22CD4-7508-4A50-8AC0-8B97AD4F383D.jpeg
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Go on then, I'll admit it. There is a part of Whitstable sea front that shall forever have an imprint shapped like my arse!!! Leaning forward in my deck chair with leg rest attached to put the sun cream on my legs and the whole chair flipped me out forwards like a _______er!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Great day though and great to see some cars out that don't usually come out to play in the rain!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

all the best for now,

John...