Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12792
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:29 pm

Following on from Nige's great photos on another thread, here are a few of my photos of the forum cars from our recent visit to the Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

The other Capris:

Image

Image

Image

As you can imagine, there were dozens of fantastic cars of all descriptions, I'll try to post some more photos when I've got time.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3094
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by Jasonmarie » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:37 pm

All looking nice as normal Andrew also they sky’s were kind . Glad you all had a good time
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6602
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by andyd » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:53 pm

Great pics Andrew :)

:cheers:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6602
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by andyd » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:All looking nice as normal Andrew also they sky’s were kind . Glad you all had a good time
Colder than it looked Jason. Although I have a little sun burn :? or maybe wind rash :lol:

It was a good morning with 5 of the best 2.8s out there I reckon :cool:

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1644
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by Caprifan Rob » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:22 pm

Brilliant pictures Andrew, nice reminder of a great meet. Didn't even see that blue mk1 :doh: . Cheers for uploading.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6602
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by andyd » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:28 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:Brilliant pictures Andrew, nice reminder of a great meet. Didn't even see that blue mk1 :doh: . Cheers for uploading.
Me neither :? We were probably too busy drooling over the Mustang Fastback and the newer ones :D

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1644
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by Caprifan Rob » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:47 pm

andyd wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote:Brilliant pictures Andrew, nice reminder of a great meet. Didn't even see that blue mk1 :doh: . Cheers for uploading.
Me neither :? We were probably too busy drooling over the Mustang Fastback and the newer ones :D
They were stunning in fairness. Still undecided between the classic fastback & the modified moderns. Would be nice to have the choice :D

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6602
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by andyd » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:52 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:
andyd wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote:Brilliant pictures Andrew, nice reminder of a great meet. Didn't even see that blue mk1 :doh: . Cheers for uploading.
Me neither :? We were probably too busy drooling over the Mustang Fastback and the newer ones :D
They were stunning in fairness. Still undecided between the classic fastback & the modified moderns. Would be nice to have the choice :D
Modern for daily use and classic for weekends :D

You wouldn't do many miles in them as you would be working most of the time to pay for the petrol :beer: :beer: :beer: :lol:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12792
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:24 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:All looking nice as normal Andrew also they sky’s were kind . Glad you all had a good time
Yep, a brilliant day thanks Jason. As Andy said, it was much colder in the morning than it looks, although luckily I didn't see a drop of rain all day.
andyd wrote:Great pics Andrew :) :cheers:
Caprifan Rob wrote:Brilliant pictures... Cheers for uploading.
Thanks chaps.
Thanks for providing two stunning cars for me to photograph! :D

That Mustang was gorgeous, I loved the paintwork on it.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by Brooksy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:49 am

Great photos Andrew!
Nige Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3094
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by Jasonmarie » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:09 am

Funny just seen the weather for this week and they say it’s going to get colder , always the way when the kids are off from school . Had rain in Kent everyday since Saturday so not been out anywhere but glad it stayed dry for you fine folks :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Bobpool
Donator
Donator
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:08 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 1986 2.0 Laser
Ford Probe 2.5 V6
Location: Liverpool

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by Bobpool » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:36 pm

Great looking cars. 8-)

I hope mine looks half as good as they do when it's finished.
Image

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by Brooksy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:45 pm

Bobpool wrote:Great looking cars. 8-)

I hope mine looks half as good as they do when it's finished.
Indeed they are all cracking examples; I was in awe!

Look forward to seeing updates of yours and I'm sure you'll have it looking like these. Be proud of what you have. :cool:
Nige Image

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12792
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Bobpool wrote:Great looking cars. 8-)
I hope mine looks half as good as they do when it's finished.
Thanks! I'm sure yours will look fantastic when you've finished with all the great work you're doing to it.
Brooksy wrote:Great photos Andrew!
Thanks Nige!

In case anybody wants to see it, here's that Mustang in all it's glory!

Image

Image

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6602
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by andyd » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:56 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Thanks Nige!

In case anybody wants to see it, here's that Mustang in all it's glory!

Image

Image

Andrew.
Love it :wub: Beautiful car, although noticed some rust in bottom of doors.

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1446
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...
Location: South Bucks

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by D366Y » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:32 am

andyd wrote:Love it :wub: Beautiful car, although noticed some rust in bottom of doors.
Wouldn't be a true Ford without rust! :lol:

User avatar
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Posts: 601
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:08 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special. Weekly driver to every few days.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone and a Tiger XRT instead...

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by Taff50ish » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi all,

The Capri's are looking stunning there chaps!!! (looking forard to Neil's exit video. I guess it was??? :D ) Great photos Andrew. I do like the first one, the Red Cappa, looks amazing like it was just finished!!! Looking forward to the next batch of pics from this event.... I would love to get over to this one, but alas this is way too early a start for me to call it fun!!! But I am ever tempted.... Cheers all,

John...

User avatar
sheff
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1794
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:52 am
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by sheff » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:37 am

Taff50ish wrote:Hi all,

The Capri's are looking stunning there chaps!!! (looking forard to Neil's exit video. I guess it was??? :D ) Great photos Andrew. I do like the first one, the Red Cappa, looks amazing like it was just finished!!! Looking forward to the next batch of pics from this event.... I would love to get over to this one, but alas this is way too early a start for me to call it fun!!! But I am ever tempted.... Cheers all,

John...
Hi John,
You don't have to turn up at silly o'clock. Plenty of other cars turning up later like 10 o'clock, we only got there early to get a spot in the tarmac car park. It would be great to see you at one of these meets :D

All the best
Neil

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6602
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by andyd » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:07 am

sheff wrote:
Taff50ish wrote:Hi all,

The Capri's are looking stunning there chaps!!! (looking forard to Neil's exit video. I guess it was??? :D ) Great photos Andrew. I do like the first one, the Red Cappa, looks amazing like it was just finished!!! Looking forward to the next batch of pics from this event.... I would love to get over to this one, but alas this is way too early a start for me to call it fun!!! But I am ever tempted.... Cheers all,

John...
Hi John,
You don't have to turn up at silly o'clock. Plenty of other cars turning up later like 10 o'clock, we only got there early to get a spot in the tarmac car park. It would be great to see you at one of these meets :D

All the best
Neil
Thanks for the compliment on my car John.
It came out the bodyshop January 2018, so is still fairly new, not completely flawless but I'm a fussy sod :lol:

As Neil said officially the meet is 9 - 12, but many arrive alot earlier and some later. 600 cars were there by 10.00!!
I would arrive later if required and leave later, it just means most of the day is then taken up, not sure Andrew and Rob would be up for that.

Hopefully catch up with you at Brooklands in September....The list is now up for names viewtopic.php?f=21&p=371147#p371147 :cheers:

Andy

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4729
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Meet April 2019

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:26 am

Hi Andrew,

Great photos of the forum Capris !!!!

Brilliant to see Andys 2.8i in all its glory. Looks stunning Andy, What a stunning Capri. You must be well chuffed with it mate.
Rob brilliant to see yours too. Wow ! Dont get to see many pics of yours Rob so this is a treat !! It looks gorgeous. Credit to you sir !
Neil, soooooooo good to see your lovely 2.8i again. Glad you got those issues sorted fella. Your Capri looks spot on, looking forward to catching up with you and your superb capri.
And last but not least Andrew, your 2.8i looks as amazing as ever fella. What a splendid Capri old chap !!! Love it.

Yep this does look a great meet and looks like there is more space than QS ?? Its got grass too :)

Brilliant pics as said Andrew. Thanks fella. Hope to catch up with you all some time this year.

And as for that Mustang.......
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

Post Reply