NEC classic car show 2018

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

NEC classic car show 2018

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Went to the NEC classic car show yesterday, always amazed at the variety & standard of restorations on show. Was pretty blown away by some of the everyday cars that were once everywhere but are now coveted by their owners. Let alone the rare / American / one off specials & super cars that were there.
Prices were steeper this year for entry & parking (which is a rip off anyway) but it’s become our winter treat so we couldn’t wait to go.
There are far too many cars to post up here so here are the Capri pictures if anyone’s interested,

Gorgeous 3.0S

Stunning 280

As I’ve started with the mk3 I’ll add the others I saw dotted around the halls

Cabaret

X Pack

Love this 2.0 S

CCI stand mk3s

CCI & Mk2 Stand, all great looking well presented cars

Mk1 register & CCI car, miss mine now big time..

Crayford club cars looked amazing

And to finish, the coveted Meguires stand featuring 2 Capris this year. They’ve chosen a Capri to go on their stand for the last few years, shows their popularity now. Both too good to use, immaculate!

This one won a trophy

Enjoyed the show, looking forward to next year already :D
Thanks for looking,
Rob
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: NEC classic car show 2018

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Rob,
All I can say is wow! All of the cars look absolutely superb, and the mark 3 on the Meguiar's stand must surely be the one of the very best Capris in existence.
It looks like you had a brilliant day, thanks for uploading so many wonderful photos. 8-)

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Some lovely cars there Rob, thanks for posting :D

Expensive or not I bet it was packed all weekend....

:cheers:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Some great shots there Rob , i here it was taken to long to do the whole show so people were missing bits .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Rob,
All I can say is wow! All of the cars look absolutely superb, and the mark 3 on the Meguiar's stand must surely be the one of the very best Capris in existence.
It looks like you had a brilliant day, thanks for uploading so many wonderful photos. 8-)

Andrew.
Thanks Andrew, I have to agree. That 2.8 is an amazing car, deserves to be a museum piece.
Surprising how many Capri’s were on show. The Uren Stampede car was there too in the entrance but didn’t take a picture as no one seems to like it .. :headscratch:
andyd wrote:Some lovely cars there Rob, thanks for posting :D

Expensive or not I bet it was packed all weekend....

:cheers:
Cheers Andy, there were some great vehicles there, can’t speak for the rest of the weekend but numbers did seem to be down on previous years, didn’t have to que to leave the car park which was a first. Still plenty of people to get in your way of taking photographs though ;)
Jasonmarie wrote:Some great shots there Rob , i here it was taken to long to do the whole show so people were missing bits .
Thanks Jason, there was an extra hall open this year (hall 8) which added to the time needed. We didn’t hang about & there was still lots we would have liked to have seen more of.

Forgot about this one in hall 8;

Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Wow ! Rob amazing photos of some simply amazing Capris mate. Thanks for sharing them. This really is a show I kerp meaning to try to get to but it never seems to happen. This really does look a great show to get along to and not just for the stunning Fords. Everything you could wish for all under one roof. Glad you had a great day Rob
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Wow ! Rob amazing photos of some simply amazing Capris mate. Thanks for sharing them. This really is a show I kerp meaning to try to get to but it never seems to happen. This really does look a great show to get along to and not just for the stunning Fords. Everything you could wish for all under one roof. Glad you had a great day Rob
Cheers Nick, did really enjoy it, not enough time to see everything but well worth the trip.
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Post by Brooksy »

Fantastic photos and thanks for uploading.
Nige Image
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Brooksy wrote:Fantastic photos and thanks for uploading.
Cheers, glad you enjoyed them.
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Thanks for posting. Great pics and a good variety. For me I really like the Cabaret, something about those special edition 4 cylinder cars.
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:Thanks for posting. Great pics and a good variety. For me I really like the Cabaret, something about those special edition 4 cylinder cars.
Cheers, was offered a two tone Silver/Red Calypso by a workmate years ago for £250.. one of those cars you now wish you’d bought :doh:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote:
ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:Thanks for posting. Great pics and a good variety. For me I really like the Cabaret, something about those special edition 4 cylinder cars.
Cheers, was offered a two tone Silver/Red Calypso by a workmate years ago for £250.. one of those cars you now wish you’d bought :doh:
A mate locally has one in red/silver that's currently in storage. It needs tidying and some welding iirc. Often talks about reducing his collection, but not sure if he would sell it....
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote:was offered a two tone Silver/Red Calypso by a workmate years ago for £250.. one of those cars you now wish you’d bought :doh:
A mate locally has one in red/silver that's currently in storage. It needs tidying and some welding iirc. Often talks about reducing his collection, but not sure if he would sell it....
Ask him if £250 would do it .. ;)
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote:
andyd wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote:was offered a two tone Silver/Red Calypso by a workmate years ago for £250.. one of those cars you now wish you’d bought :doh:
Ask him if £250 would do it .. ;)
If he says yes it's yours for £300 :wave: :lol:
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote: Ask him if £250 would do it .. ;)
Cheers Mike Brewer :cheers: :D
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote:
andyd wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote: Ask him if £250 would do it .. ;)
Cheers Mike Brewer :cheers: :D
Ouch :(