Deal Classics 2018 (Ford)

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Deal Classics 2018 (Ford)

Post by Peter-S »

It was raining when I woke this morning but within an hour it passed and the sun came out making it a great day for a car show, especially on the seafront. Deal is only 20 minutes or so away and as the 2.8 has been fighting back in my attempts to get it out of hibernation I took the 2.0 which seemed to please Fordoholic Nick as he hadn't seen it before. It was great to meet up with him and spend a good part of the day in his company wehre I learned that his car got wet once again :shock: - I'm sure he will tell all. But it was spotless by the time I arrived and rightly attracted a lot of attention and his shiny new 15" wheels looked grand.
There were a good few Capris attending, but only on MkIII guise, and some other classic Fords as well. Apparenmtly there were around 900 cars in the show (I didn't count them!) so to start here's a few from the Ford contingent starting, in time honoured fashion, with Capri :D

ImageDSCF3974 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3973 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3978 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3946 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3944 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3943 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3942 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3950 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3949 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3947 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3940 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3933 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3925 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

And other Fords in no particular order of merit although, as last year, I loved the blue Granny

ImageDSCF4020 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF4015 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF4014 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3990 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3987 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3982 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3979 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF4021 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3977 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3976 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3975 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3972 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3971 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3969 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3968 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3967 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3966 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3965 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3964 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3961 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3945 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3958 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3957 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3951 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3941 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3939 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3937 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3931 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3924 by Peter Smith, on Flickr
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Deal Classics 2018 (Ford)

Post by andyd »

Thanks for the pics Peter.
Looks like you all had a great day, and some great cars there too :D

All the cars look spotless (even Nicks) :lol:

:cheers:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Looks a great venue for a car show Peter.
All the Capris looked amazing as do the other classic fords. I agree that Granada looks great. Big fan of that mk3 Cortina too, love that coke bottle style.
Looked like a good day out. Thanks for the pictures.
Rob
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Peter,
It looks to be a fantastic show, thanks for sharing the photos.
All of the Fords look stunning, in addition to the Capris I like the Mexicos and the Sierra Cosworths. Your Laser also looks amazing, is it on the show field? It looks in the photo like it's tucked away on it's own.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Some great pictures there peter and some really nice cars also I really glad the weather was nice , I must try and get to this one as it’s just down the road . I did notice a Capri with some really nice big wheels anybody know what size they are ? :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Peter,
It looks to be a fantastic show, thanks for sharing the photos.
All of the Fords look stunning, in addition to the Capris I like the Mexicos and the Sierra Cosworths. Your Laser also looks amazing, is it on the show field? It looks in the photo like it's tucked away on it's own.

Andrew.
I was down the far end Andrew, part of the show but not pre booked like Nick and most of the others. I was in area 'G', Nick was in 'A', we were a mile apart!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Peter,

Fantastic pictures mate !!! Your camera deffo takes better shots than me. Thanks for the very nice pic of mine mate. Was a real pleasure spending time with you today...thanks for putting up with me. Hope I did not ramble on toooooo much mate :)

Ladies and gents of the forum, Peter is remarkably knowledgeable about all things Capri !! It was really great to talk to him and get some advice too. Thanks Peter :)

Now.......Peter did mention something about me and 'rain'... :o :o :o

So, last night I am sitting at home in despair at seeing the previously wonderful forecast rapidly change into a horror story of rain, rain, rain at just the time I was planning to leave..soooooo I thought I would be smart and try to 'outrun' the rain this morning by leaving at 0430am rather than 6am !! Yep you heard it right...0430am. So off I set with a chuckle that I was going to achieve my goal of outrunning the rain. Got onto the M25, then the mist came...then the fog...thenn just over the Dartford Crossing...the bleedin rain came...and came...and came...and came !!!!!! My cheeky plan had backfired...big fucking style !!!!!!!!

So I get down to Deal at 0645am one hour 15 mins before I can get into the show. Parked up in a side street and just sat and waited for the rain to finally stop. Waited for blue skies then lept out and began drying B112 off to the surprise of some locals going out for their newspaper :lol: If I had left later as originally planned I might have actually missed all the early rain !!! So the moral of this story is if it aint broke don't fix it :lol:

Anyway back to the show. This really is a cracking show. Peter heard the announcement that over 900 exhibitors were there over 1.1miles along the seafront. How impressive is that ! As said it was brilliant meeting up with Peter and equally brilliant meeting up with Steve ( stish ) and his lovely wife and son. I arrived at the perfect time in the end as I was ushered to park right beside Steve :D
His Capri is looking stunning both inside and out but a special mention has to be made of his restored paintwork. Some of you will know the pain and stress Steve went through with the issues he was having with his paintwork, so to see it today in the flesh and how remarkable it looks now I am well made up for him. Nice one Steve :applaud:

And another highlight for me was to finally see Peter's Pinto powered Capri for the first time and I bleedin love it !!! Its a lovely Capri and I really love the little tweaks Peter has made. It really looks great...even though it was a 1.1mile walk from my car to get to his at the other end of the show...but deffo worth the journey :lol:

Soooo suppose some extra pics to compliment Peters excellent ones he posted. Just a few but hope you enjoy...

Peters 2.0 Pinto
Image20180526_120137 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

I really love the ride height on Peters capri. Something I hope I can replicate with mine
Image20180526_120128 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

His interior is great too...some really nice touches. Nice one Peter :)
Image20180526_115939 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Just love a good Pinto...
Image20180526_115456 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Next up Steve's (stish) stunner of a 2.8i to compliment Peter's photo of the same Capri
Image20180526_085730 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180526_085840 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

I was gutted I did not get a pic of his engine bay when he opened his bonnet briefly as trust me its just as clean !!!

So, now a few pics that I think Peter did not post. Apologies for any dupicates but my sunburnt neck/face is irritating me now so I need to get these pics loaded up fast !!! :lol:

Image20180526_085911 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

This is the engine bay of the 2.8i parked up next to Steve. Really nice chap. Had a great chat with him too and lovely Capri
Image20180526_090604 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

No...its not John and me :o its Steve and me :lol: Would have been a full house with John :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image20180526_091334 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

This chap Tim came over to me and said "are you Nick" ? He knew me from facebook and guessed Lacquer Red Capri from Enfield :lol: Again very nice chap to talk to and lovely Capri
Image20180526_092452 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

with some tailpipes you cant ignore !!!!
Image20180526_092602 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

I spy with my little eye something beginning with "L "
Image20180526_093927 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
Answers replies please :)

The lady coming into shot was a complete coincidence !!! I was taking a photo of the three wheeler :lol:
Image20180526_103509 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Have said it before I do like this look on a Capri but just my opinion of course :)
Image20180526_122152 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Bumperless done to a very good standard
Image20180526_122131 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

This was when it was quiet...it got even busier in the afternoon !!
Image20180526_151730 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Very nice
Image20180526_152321 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180526_152258 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

:o
Image20180526_153020 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Just loved this Alfa Romeo
Image20180526_153555 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

except maybe the bumper...
Image20180526_153537 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Yes Please !
Image20180526_155451 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180526_155456 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

This guy was here last year. He was charging people to sit in it for pics and donating the money to RNLI :)
Image20180526_155641 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180526_155657 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180526_155713 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180526_155743 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Deal really is a lovely setting. My sister in law lives down jere and rhey rent a cottage too so me and the missus pop down when its not so busy
Image20180526_094018 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

And mine before I set off at 0430am :lol:
Image2018-05-26_09-10-17 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

So there you have it. Sorry if I went on a bit but as said I really do love this show and its deffo an annual event for me now. Its deffo worth a visit !!
Meeting up with fellow forum members and other likeminded folk gives me just as much enjoyment as seeing the fantastic array of beautiful classics. I hope you enjoyed the extra pictures and have finally stopped laughing at me trying to be smart by outrunning the rain this morning...another " Nick Moment" !!! :lol: :lol:

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
Thanks for adding the extra photos. Nice shot of yours with the quad lights switched on. :D

Andrew.
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Was a real pleasure to be parked next to you Nick! Had a great day. Was a shame I didn’t get to say hello to peter as well but maybe next time!
You should have asked me to open the bonnet, would have gladly obliged!
I think the show was a lot busier than last year and I also believe that Classic music and motors put on the best all round shows! Bit of everything for everyone.
Looking forward to the next show and perhaps we could all park up together?
By the way, how’s the sunburn? :D
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Thanks for the extra pics Nick :D

Bugger about the rain though. I have stayed home today after a night of thunderstorms and heavy rain :(
Typically it's cleared up now, but walking around a wet field and cleaning the car again doesn't appeal today :doh:

ATB

Andy
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Thanks for adding the extra photos. Nice shot of yours with the quad lights switched on. :D
Cheers Andrew. Could have taken lots more photos with 900 cars on show but then would have had to upload them all !!! Yep the quads performed really well especially with dipped mains in the mist/fog. Coupled with the Nightbreaker bulbs they are so much better than the standard set up I had :)

All the best

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Stish704 wrote:Was a real pleasure to be parked next to you Nick! Had a great day. Was a shame I didn’t get to say hello to peter as well but maybe next time!
Cheers Steve !

Yep was a brilliant day with brilliant company :) Steve, sorry mate I thought you knew Peter and was talking to him while I was off rambling around the show ! Did not realise. We were commenting on how great your paintwork looks now :)
Stish704 wrote:You should have asked me to open the bonnet, would have gladly obliged!
I will next time for sure Steve !!
Stish704 wrote:I think the show was a lot busier than last year and I also believe that Classic music and motors put on the best all round shows! Bit of everything for everyone.
Looking forward to the next show and perhaps we could all park up together?
:agree: This show really draws the crowds in as its such a brilliant day out for everyone just as you say. They even had a 'mini cruffs' dog competion going on too !!!
Stish704 wrote:By the way, how’s the sunburn? :D
Lets just say I am avoiding hot showers for the next couple of days and thanking the stars I had a hat on all day !!! :lol:

All the best Steve and look forward to meeting up again

Cheers

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:Thanks for the extra pics Nick :D

Bugger about the rain though. I have stayed home today after a night of thunderstorms and heavy rain :(
Typically it's cleared up now, but walking around a wet field and cleaning the car again doesn't appeal today :doh:
Cheers Andy :)

Yep my plan backfired big time trying to avoid the rain but on a positive I got to use my new detailing/drying off towel I bought. These are so much better than the Chamois cloths I used to use. Takes half the time and really brings up a decent shine albeit not quite as shiny as when I left home yest morning before the bleedin rain and after two days of preparing B112 !!

Andy I cancelled going up to The Enfield Pageant today as the forecast last night was thunder/heavy showers ALL DAY on the hour...every hour...and I am sitting here looking out at the lovely weather outside !! Pisses me off as the show is on grass and would have been a wash out which is why I took their 'expert knowledge' and stayed put !! Did not appeal to me to be at a show with constant thundery showers !! These forecasters prob get decent wages yet they continously get it so bleeding wrong !!!! Maybe the thunder/rain will come but dont look like it so far. Very fustrating !!!

Cheers mate
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I am in traffic nick right now and wife is driving us all with the air con on thinking I could have played with the Capri this weekend .
That storm was going for it lastnight big time .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Was a real pleasure spending time with you today...thanks for putting up with me. Hope I did not ramble on toooooo much mate :)
I'm a little red faced Nick. Partly because I caught the sun as well but also all the praise you've heaped my way. :oops: Honestly your company wasn't that bad :proof:
As said, it was a grand day and if we weren't there to prattle on about cars what was the point so it was actually a pleasure mate :D :cheers: and thinking about it I'm sure we were the only two pinto powered Capris there so you could have been a lonely soul :(
I have worked out that I walked somewhere between 8 -10 miles though yesterday which is probably why my old legs were complaining a little this morning. Normally its front door to car and then time for a sit down!

Thanks everyone else for the kind comments and those that have said they have thought about doing the show then I can heartily recommend it. One of the best 20 minute drives I've made this year :drive: :xd: