CCI Nationals 2018

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: CCI Nationals 2018

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote:Hello , yes what a great day to meet up with you Andrew and well done for winning that gold , as your car was stunning .
Thanks Jason. To be honest, i think your stunning car deserved an award more than mine.
Jasonmarie wrote:Only Top Tip I should have put more sun cream on as I have a very bright red face & legs . :beer:
I'm suffering from a bit of beetroot head too! Not to mention my neck, arms and legs too....

It's a pity you went off so soon after the judging, but that is understandable as it was a long day with a lot of walking. I hope you both made it home safely.
Jasonmarie wrote:Did get to see that beast from goblin works and yes what a car and the sound that Engine made was very deep and loud.
It was indeed. It certainly made everybody turn and look when that car arrived!
In case anybody was wondering, apparently the new owner of the GW car is Dr Brooklands.

What a great day, and I hope to catch up with you again soon.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Thanks Jason. To be honest, i think your stunning car deserved an award more than mine.

In case anybody was wondering, apparently the new owner of the GW car is Dr Brooklands.

Andrew.
Gold !!!!! :applaud:

Re; Goblin Works, Chris (Dr B) :o I wouldn't have worked that out!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Gold !!!!! :applaud:
Thanks Andy!
Although as the club have revised the awards system it wasn't a gold as such. The only medals, apart from the concours gold, silver and bronze, were "winner" awards. It's a huge honour and I am very pleased to have won one. :D

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Gold !!!!! :applaud:
Thanks Andy!
Although as the club have revised the awards system it wasn't a gold as such. The only medals, apart from the concours gold, silver and bronze, were "winner" awards. It's a huge honour and I am very pleased to have won one. :D

Andrew.
Still well deserved though :D

I haven't won an award, and judging by the judge ( :) ) that did the judging ( :lol: ) at an event last year, they are like Magpies attracted to shiny things that have been restored and not concerned with originality/patina :? I know what I prefer....Awards or not :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I always thought that Doctor Brooklands was a lot younger and he looks the same age as my Dad , I Do think we need a Doctor injection & A Doctor Laser .
It was a good day with the Eastenders Capri what after some time and a change of side stripe we realised also nice seeing the Car SOS car what on this Thursday on Sky ch 129 National Geography at 8pm . I think it was a lady as she collected the award .
There were also ( as you can see with Andrews great pictures ) some really nice mk1 capris that looked so clean and mint they almost beat Nicks clean Engine bay .

Let’s hope we could all get together next year as that would be great .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Dan and his 1.6 Laser.

Ahh....I did miss out another forum car. Sorry Dan :doh:

I knew I would miss somebody. Always grest to see Dans Laser out and about. Jeepers he NEVER seems to miss the Nationals does he. Top man !! :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Thanks for sharing Andrew looked an excellent show. I haven't been for years. When my car is Finally finished I will be down for sure what a cracking day weather wise.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:Thanks for sharing Andrew looked an excellent show. I haven't been for years. When my car is Finally finished I will be down for sure what a cracking day weather wise.
Hi Mark,
Yes, it is a good show and probably the largest regular gathering of Capris. A great day out.

Andrew.
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Great pictures! Is it me or do the 7 spokes not look right on a MK2? Just not for me I suppose.
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi All,

Just to say what a great day (Well, I was pretty late to the party, but still well worth the drive out...) out this was. Also great to catch up with Andrew again, very well deserved Gold, yet again there fella!!! How do you keep doing this??? And just for those who don't believe he can keep doing this, here is the man himself. Well actually we have Dan, Jason & Andrew....
Image20180506_150802 by John Taylor, on Flickr

Jason, really great to meet you and put a face to the name!!! Shame your Capri was so filthy though!!!! Where had you been??? :xd: :xd: :xd: Sorry!!! Great to meet your Dad too, I usually have mine in tow as he really enjoys these meets / shows, but he was still up North this Year so missed out!!! Dan, I don't know how we stood next to each other and did not catch up, really sorry about that fella. I hope your well and still enjoying the Capri??? Also your Mum there too....

Jason, it was a shame you had to nip off, I was chatting with Andrew about the Quad head Light conversion I've done and Andrew couldn't get the Pics to show with the Sun Light, so I was about to bring this over for you to have a butchers as you had expressed an interest in them. Anyhow, all is not lost, you ain't that far from me and if going to a show near you or Kent Classic Ford show, I could nip round for a cuppa and a chat!!! Is that just inviting myself for a cuppa????

Anyhow, I have started using a Dash Cam in the Cappa now, as I have been with my other car and it is amazing what you see. After I left this show I was going over to Cambridge for a night out with a mate over there, so set the Sat Nav for country lanes etc and just sit back and enjoy the drive, only thing was I saw this.... Watch the Little Red car as it turns left at the junction... (Not sure if I should really post this in Rant??? But it was part of the day for me...)
Imagevlc-record-2018-05-08-20h57m44s-2018_0506_171445_465.MOV- by John Taylor, on Flickr

You can't quite see the whole thing as the camera is to the near side, but they drove down the wrong side of the road then up the pavement, hitting the Mini in the process, then carried on for a while till they went off the road again into a fence... Again on the Off Side... Argh!!!!! Watch out for your Pride N Joy chaps!!!

Well, Cheers for posting the memories Andrew, great to meet you Jason and nearly Dan, all the very best to all, cheers,

John...
andyd

Post by andyd »

Thanks for the extra pic John :)

That dashcam footage is scary, as you say watch out.....The driver looked p*ssed to me :?
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

John it was great meeting you at last sorry I had to get off quick but my legs gave up at the end , yes we must all meet up with the bonus of hearing them front speakers and your quad lights . Love the picture you took . Also that dash cam footage what are people like , they must have been drinking .
We did have a really good run back and went around the M25 Gatwick wise as it was not that busy . Still saw cars doing well over 70mph but as Dad had to drive back we kept at 60mph also he had to fill her up with petrol .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

Nice pics guys, looks a good day, sun always brings out many classic cars especially Capri owners :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Stish704 wrote:Great pictures! Is it me or do the 7 spokes not look right on a MK2? Just not for me I suppose.
Personally, I wouldn't say that they don't look right, however, I do prefer the original wheels.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi John,
Taff50ish wrote:, I have started using a Dash Cam in the Cappa now, as I have been with my other car and it is amazing what you see.
Isn't it just! Although you really have to feel for the driver of the Mini, talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sadly, it's hard to protect your pride and joy when there are drivers like that around.

Thanks for your kind words and for capturing my moment of glory so well! :)

Andrew.