NEC Classic car show 2017 - new TVR added

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

NEC Classic car show 2017 - new TVR added

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Capri's featured well this year at the NEC as always. Had a great day out with my sons. Cleared some storage on my phone, had just enough to take some Capri pictures. There were some great classic cars as always, as well as some new ones, really liked the new TVR Griffith, anyway, here are the Capris on show;
Starting with the 2017 mustang engined injection, the show showing the build of this car airs in January on discovery channel.
Cci Stand Cars;
Nice V8 engined mk3
The rat look mk2
Francis' Capris of Capri power fame, stunning cars both
Smart mk1
Cars on the mk1 register stand including the genuine London to Mexico City rally car
Mk3 x pack
280 on Silverstone Auction stand, sorry about zoomed in picture quality..
Only Capri on Tickford stand this year
Very smartly presented mk1's dotted around the halls
And finally a 2600 racing Capri
Great winter day out, hope pictures came out ok.
Cheers,
Rob
Last edited by Caprifan Rob on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: NEC Classic car show 2017

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Rob,
Caprifan Rob wrote: Cleared some storage on my phone
I never thought I'd see the day! :D
It looks like you and your boys must have had a brilliant day out.
As always, Capris appear to be very popular with the public, and judging by the condition of the cars on display I can't say that I'm surprised.
The white Laser, blue 2.0S and the gold mk1 were all at the Nationals this year are are all superb examples.
According to the DVLA, the white pre-facelift mk1 has only done around 26,000 miles...it must be one of the best around, it looks amazing!

That black V8 was for sale recently, wasn't it? Although it's not my cup of tea, it does seem to be an interesting build.

Thanks for sharing so many brilliant photos.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Thanks Rob, some great pics :)

That 280 with 5500 miles sold for £47250 https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/198 ... ands-10860 Was £16000 in 2008 with 3500 miles!

The V8 Black Capri is still for sale in Norfolk, no price but it was around £30K some time ago..... I like it :)

Andy
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Rob,
Caprifan Rob wrote: Cleared some storage on my phone
I never thought I'd see the day! :D
Neither did I :)
Thanks for comments Andrew, I did see those Capris you mentioned at CCI nationals, I agree, they are all great cars & a credit to their owners. The mk1 especially just look like it belongs in a museum, fantastic.
andyd wrote: That 280 with 5500 miles sold for £47250
:o
andyd wrote: The V8 Black Capri is still for sale in Norfolk, no price but it was around £30K some time ago..... I like it :)
The guy I spoke to on the stand said that they'd sold the car this week, it reached 25k on eBay. It looks quite an imposing car. Think I'd like it better without the grille & '70s Corvette side pipes :) Looked a quality conversion, will look out for the show next year.
Caprifan Rob

Re: NEC Classic car show 2017 Capri,s & new TVR

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Just adding these images of the new TVR, note exhaust exiting just behind front wings, want one ..

Also, a childhood hero of mine was there in all its rebuilt glory, Henry Hirise. It was featured on the original Street Machine magazine cover & on the relaunch cover this year. Great to see it back on the road.

Cheers,
Rob
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Re: NEC Classic car show 2017 - new TVR added

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Rob,
Great extra photos, thanks for sharing.
Love the TVR. 500HP Ford V8.......nice! :D

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Great extra photos, thanks for sharing.
Love the TVR. 500HP Ford V8.......nice! :D
Cheers Andrew. It's a great looking car in the flesh. It did make all the older TVR's next to it look really dated. Price of progress I suppose, didn't hear a bad comment about it on the stand. Like everything, it won't be to everyone's taste but it is to mine. If only I had a spare £90K.. :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Rob.

Brilliant pictures mate. Wow ! What a stunning array of Capri's on display yet again ! Love them all. That Black beauty looks amazing. Its been on facebook this week. Certainly got alot of attention. I must watch out for that program about its build. Rob if you see when its on please put up a heads up on this forum.

Rob I really must try to get up to this great show. I was working again this year. Looks a fabulous show to end of the year nicely. Glad you guys had a great day.

All the best now

Nick

Ps Dont suppose Halfords had a special promotion stand for HFVP by any chance ?? Imagine one of the 'Insurance Girls" posing with a couple of cans of it :woot:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Caprifan Rob wrote: If only I had a spare £90K.. :D
Is that how much it's going to be? Funnily enough there's no mention of price on their website. It just says to pay a £5000 deposit to secure a car.....

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote: If only I had a spare £90K.. :D
Is that how much it's going to be? Funnily enough there's no mention of price on their website. It just says to pay a £5000 deposit to secure a car.....
Hi Andrew, apparently so, the launch edition is £90 k they said, I don't even have the £5 k deposit :lol:
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Brilliant pictures mate.
Ps Dont suppose Halfords had a special promotion stand for HFVP by any chance ?? Imagine one of the 'Insurance Girls" posing with a couple of cans of it :woot:
Cheers Nick.
They did have just such a stand Nick. Took loads of pictures, trouble is, I can't upload them. Just have to enjoy them myself .. 8-)