North Weald Community Day

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

North Weald Community Day

Post by Peter-S »

I sort of considered going to Uxbridge today but in the end North Weald won as it is a lot closer and had some aeroplanes there!
They promoted the event to include some classic cars and, to be fair, there were some. Just not many.

Best vehicle was perhaps this Lincoln continental. Hope the owner didn't hear the woman near me say it was ugly! Probably she wouldn't appreciate the 10 mpg it does around town either.

ImageDSCF2802 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

There were a couple of old Rovers

ImageDSCF2819 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF2810 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

A slightly less old old Rover

ImageDSCF2808 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

This Armstrong Siddeley

ImageDSCF2806 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

An old Ford

ImageDSCF2803 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

A Roller

ImageDSCF2811 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

This

ImageDSCF2807 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

My second Marina coupe of the year - are there any more?

ImageDSCF2805 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

and a nice E-type (not too impressed with the bloke who let his kid run his fingers down the rear quarter though)

ImageDSCF2820 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

and this nice MG

ImageDSCF2809 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

and I spotted this in the car park, lol!

ImageDSCF2821 by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Last edited by Peter-S on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: North Wealds Community Day

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Peter,
Looks like a good day out. It's not a bad turnout of cars for what was, in effect, a side attraction to the planes.
Star of the show must be that Capri you stumbled upon on the car park...... :)
Your car is looking stunning now Peter, even better than when I saw it at Brooklands a few years ago!

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Great pics Peter. Some nice classics there....some very 'classic' indeed ! That Marina looks in lovely condition. Dont know when I last seen one myself. Love seeing these 'yesteryear' everyday runners. Always puts a smile on my face. But I have to agree with Andrew, your 2.8i is looking superb Peter. Great to see it again. Put a very big :D on my face indeed yes !
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Liking the furry dice on your smart black injection, should have been in the show. That rolls still looks classy, even in its '70s brown paint. Cheers for posting Peter.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: North Weald Community Day

Post by Peter-S »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Peter,
Your car is looking stunning now Peter, even better than when I saw it at Brooklands a few years ago!

Andrew.
Thanks Andrew,
She obviously photographs well as I'm ashamed to say that the car hasn't been near a bucket of water for over two weeks and looks less than spotless in the flesh after a few trips on the motorway :oops: Still, a guy in the car park admired the car as well :)
Fordoholic Nick wrote:Great pics Peter. Some nice classics there....some very 'classic' indeed ! That Marina looks in lovely condition. Dont know when I last seen one myself. Love seeing these 'yesteryear' everyday runners. Always puts a smile on my face. But I have to agree with Andrew, your 2.8i is looking superb Peter. Great to see it again. Put a very big :D on my face indeed yes !
Thanks also Nick, but as said to Andrew, the camera has done me a favour!
Caprifan Rob wrote:Liking the furry dice on your smart black injection, should have been in the show.
Cheers, yes dice came free with the News of the World years ago (remember that) so I pop them out in the summer sometimes as it used to be 'the thing' :D
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr