Castle Combe 1st Queen Square Winter Meet.

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Castle Combe 1st Queen Square Winter Meet.

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Hi all,
Went with my boys today to the first Queen Square meet to be held in Castle Combe raceway. Was a great show with a pretty amazing & diverse collection of cars you'd ever see in one place, as is typical of the Bristol meet. I won't give a running commentary on the cars as it's taken what seems like half my life to upload the pictures, so if you didn't go, here's a small selection. Starting with one of the fastest supercars & ending with a gullwinged monster that does 0-60 in 2.7 seconds, though it's not what you may think..

Last car is a gull winged Tesla X, 6 seats £110k & 0-60 in 2.7 seconds, according to the owner.
Thanks for looking, going for a cuppa now ..
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Castle Combe 1st Queen Square Winter Meet.

Post by andyd »

Thanks Rob, looks like you had a great day, and the weather was kind for February :D

But no XR's :(
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote:Thanks Rob, looks like you had a great day, and the weather was kind for February :D

You're right Andy, they were noticeable by their absence, I didn't see a single XR there. Plenty of the later stuff, RS Focuses & ST Fiestas etc. You'll have to organise something if they run this again :D . Was a good morning out, most left by lunch time but was worth the trip.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Freelanderfan wrote:
andyd wrote:Thanks Rob, looks like you had a great day, and the weather was kind for February :D

You're right Andy, they were noticeable by their absence, I didn't see a single XR there. Plenty of the later stuff, RS Focuses & ST Fiestas etc. You'll have to organise something if they run this again :D .
No one I know has a decent XR on the road until March/April :headscratch:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Freelanderfan wrote:

You're right Andy, they were noticeable by their absence, I didn't see a single XR there. Plenty of the later stuff, RS Focuses & ST Fiestas etc. You'll have to organise something if they run this again :D . Was a good morning out, most left by lunch time but was worth the trip.
No one I know has a decent XR on the road until March/April :headscratch:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Rob,
Looks like a great day out with some superb cars. Some of the cars I recognise from QS, but there are a lot that I haven't seen before. I particularly like the row of MR2s..... :)
To be honest, I'm not sure what to make of the Tesla. Insanely fast though!

Thanks for posting,
Andrew.
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:I particularly like the row of MR2s..... :)
Thought you might ;)
Andrew 2.8i wrote: I'm not sure what to make of the Tesla. Insanely fast though!
We weren't sure what to make of it either, suppose it would be great for the posh mums school run, but it wasn't for us. Think that's why the owner was telling everyone how fast it was, as a looker it wasn't. There were some nice TVR's & one of every shape Supra, which all looked impressive, lots of the usual queen square cars there but tried not to take pics of those not to show the same cars as your own posts. Would have loaded more pics up but photobucket was painfully slow.
Glad you enjoyed them.
Cheers, Rob
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Rob,

Great pictures mate. Nice one ! Good of you to post them :)

I have a soft spot for bumperless Capris in Matt Black Rob but don't tell anyone...just between me and you mate :) There is just something about them...always makes me :D

Love them Campervans too Rob, and that Beetle...all look stunning ! Lots of great cars. Glad you had a great day out mate. This "Gallery" forum is starting to awake from hibernation now and I am loving it !

All the best Rob,

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Great pictures mate. Nice one ! Good of you to post them :)
Love them Campervans too Rob, and that Beetle...all look stunning !
No problem Nick, glad you enjoyed them. It always seems that the VW crowd take great pride in their cars appearance, the ones on show were no different. That Beetle had Porsche brakes & steering wheel as well as alloys & the engine bay was as immaculate as the interior. We drove up in convoy with a few cars, one of which was a Mk1 Golf GTI, again like new. Going back up for the Action Day in April, was great last year.
Cheers,
Rob