Queen Square, Bristol, January 2017.

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: Queen Square, Bristol, January 2017.

Post by sheff »

Taff50ish wrote:. Steering Rack leaking a bit, a shame as it was replaced approx 3 Years ago, but I was informed, some of the recent Recons ain't been up to spec, not sure about this but they do appear to be in short supply. I have till next Thursday to get one found and get it swapped out and MOT'd, if not,
Hi John,

Are you sure its a faulty rack? The racks are lubricated with engine oil which sits in the gaiters.... If you have a split or loose gaiter it will show signs of a leak but not PAS fluid!

All the best
Neil
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hey Neil,

Many thanks for this info, very good to remember is this. But alas, mine is Terminal.... About twice now, over this last Year, for no reason, I've noticed the PSF disappear off the bottom of the Dip Stick.... All there during my Weekly checks, then one Week the lot has gone, with no sign anywhere..... So with this in mind, I'm pretty sure Phil is right on the money....

Now, on the up side, Bristol Queens Square should be back on!!! Well, for me at least. We, well, Phil has sourced a Recon unit and we're all set to get it stuck n this Thursday, so all being well, I should be supporting a nice new MOT, ready for the drive over.

Danny, are you still interested in this??? Actually. Andrew, are you going alone this Week End??? As I need my guide to get me out of the Square!!! :lol: :xd: :lol: :xd: This might sound daft if you've not been, but it can be very, ummmm, confusing!!!

Cheers all till next time,

John....
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Taff50ish wrote:Hey Neil,

Many thanks for this info, very good to remember is this. But alas, mine is Terminal.... About twice now, over this last Year, for no reason, I've noticed the PSF disappear off the bottom of the Dip Stick.... All there during my Weekly checks, then one Week the lot has gone, with no sign anywhere..... So with this in mind, I'm pretty sure Phil is right on the money....

Now, on the up side, Bristol Queens Square should be back on!!! Well, for me at least. We, well, Phil has sourced a Recon unit and we're all set to get it stuck n this Thursday, so all being well, I should be supporting a nice new MOT, ready for the drive over.

Danny, are you still interested in this??? Actually. Andrew, are you going alone this Week End??? As I need my guide to get me out of the Square!!! :lol: :xd: :lol: :xd: This might sound daft if you've not been, but it can be very, ummmm, confusing!!!

John....
I'm still up for it! hoping that seeing all these lovely shiny shiny cars will give me the kick in the backside I need to start sorting mine out :poke: :lol:

Also glad to hear that hopefully things will be all sorted over the next few days for you, I shall keep my fingers crossed!

Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Chaps,
I look forward to seeing you there. I won't be taking the Capri though, sadly.

John, I'm pleased that your MOT result was far from disastrous, if the PAS rack was the only item to fail. Where was the fluid leaking from to lose so much?

All the best,
Andrew.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Taff50ish wrote:Hey Neil,

John....
Best of luck with the fresh MOT today John, let us know how you get on and if you are still on for Sunday, otherwise it will be a lonely drive to Bristol!! :lol:

Good Luck.....
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Have a good trip this weekend guys, can't make this week but hope to catch up with some of you later in the year. Enjoy :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

D366Y wrote:, otherwise it will be a lonely drive to Bristol!! :lol:
"All by myself....Don't wanna be..." .. :sorry: :lol:

Danny you checked the weather for Sunday fella ? Looking like it may be dry albeit very cold mate. Bring a woolly hat and a scarf and gloves mate.

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
D366Y wrote:, otherwise it will be a lonely drive to Bristol!! :lol:
"All by myself....Don't wanna be..." .. :sorry: :lol:

Danny you checked the weather for Sunday fella ? Looking like it may be dry albeit very cold mate. Bring a woolly hat and a scarf and gloves mate.

All the best

Nick
Haha thanks Nick, I never check the weather, I'll just rock it on the day in shorts :lol:

I'll see if I can find a hat and gloves but I'm not sure I own any :whistle:

Looking forward to it either way! :applaud: :woot:

Danny
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi All,

Well all went according to plan yesterday. A nice early start and up at Capri Care to see Phil bright and Early, with just a Hint of SNOW in the air!!! The Rack + Track Rod Ends where fitted, a quick engine fluid change while up in the air, tracked and MOT'd, safe to say i'm now good for another Year and I had approx a Tank & a Half of Fun following this knocking round all the back lanes and B Roads, headed over into Beds too to catch up with a friend...

So now all set for Sunday Danny. I would suggest meeting up more where the old A40 joins the Amersham Rd, if I remember there are a few Layby's there and some Petrol stops too. As we want to get on the M4, so we could take the M25 onto the M4. Unless your thinking of the cut down to the M4 from High Wycomb to Maidenhead??? Tell you what, your choice!!! :? :? :? No traffic round at this time so perhaps the cut through??? I'm guessing if it's just us, we could set off a bit later than normal, as we'll only need 2 Parking Spots, not the 4+ recently!!! But we should still aim for 8:30 - 9AM there... So meet up approx 6:30AM'ish??? Maybe 7AM, have a lay in!!!??????

Nick, are you interested in this yet???

Andrew, sorry to Hijack your original post... Ops!!! You know how it is...... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Cheers Al, till Sunday.... All the best,

John...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hey John,

Brilliant news re the new steering rack and all important but never doubtful mot...nice one fella. Glad you been out enjoying your Special over the last couple of days. Great that new steering rack has improved the ride too :)

Now...onto this Sunday Bristol meet....
Taff50ish wrote:Nick, are you interested in this yet???
:lol: PM sent John !

Andrew, Danny...I "may" well be along to this after all but still not quite 100% sure but don't tell John :xd:

I had planned drive up to West Yorkshire on Sunday morning to visit my parents for a few days, but John has been tempting me along to this Queen Square meet with a promise of a ride with him in his 2.8i Special. Now what guy in his right mind can turn down an offer like this :lol: :lol:

Seriously though chaps I am considering parking up over at Johns in my daily Fiesta then, if he will still have me, taking a ride with him to Bristol en convoy with Danny, then returning back to Johns to pick up the Fiesta and slip out onto the M1 and off up to West Yorkshire in time for my tea. Sounds like a plan don't it ? Andrew I might be there on Sunday after all mate so you can show me around the famous Queen Square and show me where the "free Capri owners" breakfast is ! Danny, as said hope to see you Sunday morning too somewhere along the A40. John, I will be in touch before Sunday morning 5am mate :lol:

Until Sunday then chaps...maybe :)

All the best

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
I sincerely hope that Sunday doesn't disappoint, after all, it is a car meet in February.......

In saying that, it would be great to catch up with John and Nick and meet Danny for the first time. The people are what car shows are really about.

Andrew.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi,
I sincerely hope that Sunday doesn't disappoint, after all, it is a car meet in February.......

In saying that, it would be great to catch up with John and Nick and meet Danny for the first time. The people are what car shows are really about.

Andrew.
Couldn't agree more, and judging by your January meet pictures then we should be dandy! Unless you've just photoshopped some cars into the square?? :lol:

See you tomorrow!

Danny
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi All,

Nick, Be F'ing Great to have you along too, of course you can share the Petrol at these prices!!!! :xd: :xd: :xd: Only kidding!!! I'm going anyway, you can pick up the Free Breakfast for me!!!! Only kidding, February is the ONLY Month they charge for this, would you believe it??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seriously, I hope you can make it. I was reckoning on leaving mine approx 6:15 to 6:30AM.... A short drive down to meet up with Danny and we're off... As you know, I'm right on Gate 5 of the M1, so you would have a very easy run back up North from here, as you know my Folks are in Huddersfield, and this is a very easy drive up!!!

Danny, We'll give you a shout once we get to where the A40 splits onto the Amersham Rd, possibly from one of the petrol stations to top up with Coffee.... Not at my best in the Mornings... Argh!!!! But should be well worth it. Andrew will have a lot to answer for if its a POOR turn out after all this.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Only kidding, again!!! I think I might still be slightly intoxicated from Last Night.... As you say Andrew, its the fun of the drive and the meeting up and if I didn't enjoy this gathering, I wouldn't come, but I do as I do enjoy it and you never know how any meet will be till you get there, but I am crossing my fingers for a good turn out!!!

Did anyone hear from Mark, Brooky???? I know Neil and Rob can't make it. Mark, Are you out there??? Do you fancy this meet again?? Well, all for now chaps, till tomorrow, cheers,

John...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

D366Y wrote:Unless you've just photoshopped some cars into the square?? :lol:
Danny just done some checks and this is what the Queen Square meet is usually like. Wonder where Andrew got all them classic cars from....

http://c1038.r38.cf3.rackcdn.com/group1 ... 3tnkwm.jpg
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
D366Y wrote:Unless you've just photoshopped some cars into the square?? :lol:
Danny just done some checks and this is what the Queen Square meet is usually like. Wonder where Andrew got all them classic cars from....

:applaud: can't wait! :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Taff50ish wrote:Nick, Be F'ing Great to have you along too, of course you can share the Petrol at these prices!!!! :xd: :xd: :xd: Only kidding!!! I'm going anyway, you can pick up the Free Breakfast for me!!!! Only kidding, February is the ONLY Month they charge for this, would you believe it??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yikes, sharing the petrol cost AND paying for the "free" Capri breakfast were not in my itinerary plan John :lol:

Ok mate, thanks for the info. I will be in touch with you later on but these times will be ok for me ! As Andrew, Danny and yourself said these meets are great for catching up and meeting up ! Look forward to it guys.

All the best now

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Taff50ish wrote:February is the ONLY Month they charge for this, would you believe it??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
What are the chances? I was looking forward to the free breakfast myself! :lol:

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:just done some checks and this is what the Queen Square meet is usually like. Wonder where Andrew got all them classic cars from....

:lol: At least parking won't be a problem!

Andrew.