Thornfalcon Classic Vehicle Event

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Thornfalcon Classic Vehicle Event

Post by andyd »

Hi All,
Thanks to our club photographer :lol: Here are some pictures from an event near Taunton 18th September 2016
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c82lypvuhpx0 ... KrTUa?dl=0
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Thornfalcon Classic Vehicle Event

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Andy,
That looks like a very busy show with lots of visitors there. The weather looks fabulous too.
There are certainly some very nice cars at that show, and especially on your XR stand. Although my favourite has to be the Alfa Montreal, that's a very rare car and gorgeous too.
I couldn't help noticing that the mk2 XR2 has the same "look but don't touch" sign that you used to display in your Capri.......
By the way, did you sell your Focus ST in the end?

Thanks for posting the photos (well, linking to them, but it's the thought that counts :lol: )

All the best,
Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Andy,
That looks like a very busy show with lots of visitors there. The weather looks fabulous too.
There are certainly some very nice cars at that show, and especially on your XR stand. Although my favourite has to be the Alfa Montreal, that's a very rare car and gorgeous too.
I couldn't help noticing that the mk2 XR2 has the same "look but don't touch" sign that you used to display in your Capri.......
By the way, did you sell your Focus ST in the end?

Thanks for posting the photos (well, linking to them, but it's the thought that counts :lol: )

All the best,
Andrew.
Hi Andrew,
Glad you liked my :sorry: Andy's pictures :D

We were led to believe 1200 vehicles were attending, but as it is a just a turn up meet I don't know how many actually attended.
I saw about 8 Capri's there.

Thanks we do have some nice cars between us, and we were first there and pretty much last to leave, weather was dry with some sun.

Oh yes I never leave home without 'The Sign' :) One woman was peering through the window and her husband said "Dont touch it" :lol:
I said shes fine, and she told me its just bringing back memories, and that's what its all about to me :)

ST now gone, and tbh I don't miss it. If you're not going to thrash that that sort of car in 2nd and 3rd gear they aren't worth having, unless you take them to a track day that's different, but everyday use and £295 road tax....No thanks.

Andy
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Oh yes I never leave home without 'The Sign' :)
Hi Andy,
Ah, so it is your car then?
The best part of displaying at shows is when your car brings back happy memories for people.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Oh yes I never leave home without 'The Sign' :)
Hi Andy,
Ah, so it is your car then?
The best part of displaying at shows is when your car brings back happy memories for people.

Andrew.
:sorry: Yes that's mine :)

:agree: If we didn't do the shows then people wouldn't get to see them.....Roll on 2017 :)

Andy
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Yes that's mine
Looks great! :D

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

That looked a massive show, xr's were well presented. Hadn't seen yours Andy, it looks to be in superb shape, my brother in-law had a white F registered one, remember it being quite quick at the time. The black one next to yours also looks immaculate. Plenty of Corvettes there too, got a secret liking for the seventies ones, but don't tell anyone ..
Cheers for the link.
Rob
andyd

Post by andyd »

Freelanderfan wrote:That looked a massive show, xr's were well presented. Hadn't seen yours Andy, it looks to be in superb shape, my brother in-law had a white F registered one, remember it being quite quick at the time. The black one next to yours also looks immaculate. Plenty of Corvettes there too, got a secret liking for the seventies ones, but don't tell anyone ..
Cheers for the link.
Rob
Hi Rob,
It's a great gathering and had pretty much everything you could think of including 70's and 80's motorcycles.

Love the XR2 and wanted one for 3 years or so, it's only done 63000 miles.
The Mk1 in black is nice, but has a few marks up close, it's only done 56000 miles from new....He has one in Titan Blue too undergoing light resto.
The white Supersport is restored and near concourse and gets most of the attention as does the black 4i.....

Love the early 70's Corvette's myself :D

Andy
Green-Ghia
Car(s): 1979 Ford Capri MKIII 2.0 Ghia - Apollo Green

Post by Green-Ghia »

Many thanks for sharing - really enjoyed looking at these, great photos :-) Looked a great show.
1979 Ford Capri MKIII 2.0 Ghia - Apollo Green / Chocolate Brown Verona Trim
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hey Andy,

What a superb "gathering" fella...and thats just the XR's. Nice one :)

Mate your Fiesta XR2 is stunning. Think I told you before a few times I really love the earlier Fiesta's. Would def own one myself if I was allowed ! Well I do have a 57 Plate Diesel Fiesta but methinks yours would get just a bit more attention :lol:

Anyhow Andy hope to see it at Beaulieu next year...not long to go now !

Great pics mate !

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Anyhow Andy hope to see it at Beaulieu next year...not long to go now !

Nick
:lol: