Surrey Capri Club Club Meets & Shows August 2016

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Surrey Capri Club Club Meets & Shows August 2016

Post by 2litreScapri »

Regional Capri clubs are few & far between, so I think it's important to keep clubs like SCC goingbecause it gives people who live in the area a focal point for meeting up & chatting about Capris. That said, anyone is welcome!

So it's a busy week for Surrey Capri club. Firstly, we had our monthly meet, and the weather was nice enough to encourage people to get out with their Capris. I didn't get everyone's Capri, Tony's Oyster Gold 3.0 Mk3 is not pictured, sorry i didn't get the chance! It was a good meet overall with lots of nice weather & lovely Capris. Yesterday with so many other car shows going on we were forced to miss the others for our main local show, Cranleigh Classic Car Show. Over 2000 cars in attendance, and all at least 10 Capris on our stand plus 2 support vehicles. What a great day! The club stand was very chilled & we had lots of people come up to us for a chat, plus the convoy was made fun as you can see by the pictures. You don't see that everyday so I was very pleased with the turnout. Plenty more shows to attend this year!

Monthly club meet

Convoy point at Boxhill

Club cars

Luke is a friend of the club and was more than welcome in his Scirocco!
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Re: Surrey Capri Club Club Meets & Shows August 2016

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Kris,

Some Great shots there fella... Looks like a Proper CONVOY too!!! How many did you have in that? Also, was that Mags Silver Cappa behind you??? Didn't see her or her Capri this Year at the Ace.... Shame...

I do love the Competition shot too by the way... Scirrocco, Great Motor....

I see you say, 'Plenty more shows to attend this Year', would you have a List Kris??? Need to keep busy... :D :D :D Cheers for sharing these, all the best,

John...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

HI,
Great photos! I especially love the convoy shots.
There are some truly gorgeous cars in the Surrey Capri Club.

All the best,
Andrew.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Hi Kris, went to a Mini meet with my son on Saturday, part of which was a convoy & I was thinking how great it would be to be part of a Capri one. Looking at your pictures, the answer would be 'fantastic', great to see them where they should be, driven & enjoyed. Thanks for posting, looked like a fun day out.
Cheers,
Rob
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Kris,

Stunning convoy photos. Love 'Em !!

I was lucky enough to join John, Andrew and a couple of other chaps en-route to the 45th Brooklands couple of years back where we had five Capri's which felt absolutely amazing but your convoy looked totally incredible Kris !!! "Turning heads" is probably an understatement....I can only imagine the public response to seeing ten or so Capri's...all of which looked stunning :applaud:

John has told me of Mags Laser a few times...and how superb it is. I did wonder if the silver Capri at the front of the convoy was her as I could see a lady driving it in the pics and I knew hers was silver. I would love to see it in the flesh some time. I may hopefully be able to get along to one of your meets before the year is up. Dont suppose you have one in Enfield by any chance mate :wave: :lol:

Thanks again for the fantastic pictures Kris. You made a big sacifice being the lead "out of shot" Capri but I already know how splendid your 2.0S is and anyway we would not have these stunning convoy pics to enjoy ! We got to see you leading the convoy into the showground which was brilliant. Keep saying it mate but I love the colour of your 2.0S :D :D

All the best mate

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

Thanks for the responses guys, it was a brilliant convoy & I don't usually condone the actions to get such shots especially around some of the winding roads we went down but you have to let it slide & be a daredevil sometime to get such great shots! I'll respond to all of you below:

Rob: agreed, a convoy of Capris is an amazing sight!

Nick: Fortunately & unfortunately I am the convoy organiser & know the route (even though we do the same route from Boxhill to Cranleigh every year) so rather like last year when I used my Go Pro on the back of my car I was out of shot but was good for Ed to jump out & get us all in shot going into the showground. I went to another local meet the other night & the comments mostly focus on the colour of the car. It was the stand out part & one of the main reasons for buying it & now the restoration has made it feel absolutely awesome.

John/Nick: Yes it Mags Capri behind me, she was enjoying the shots as well & enjoyed the day, which really put a smile on her ace as the confidence has been lost recently due to a couple of running issues, she's very protective of the car & who works on it. As for meets, we only have our own one in Chessington, and we do have a show list although everything at the moment is ad-hoc. There's the Andover Festival of Motoring on Sunday 25th September which I'm only booked in for as I was invited by someone else, and of course there are the Walton Bridge meet & Jolly Farmer summer show both on Sunday 4th September. The day before I am booked in for Camberley Car Show because it's so local & unfortunately that is blocked out now. The monthly meets are a good evening to break up the monotony of a working week.

Kris
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Kris,

Cheers for the up-date. Yep, I was lucky enough, some time ago now to get along to one of the Jolly Farmer meets, really great one this. I'll keep Walton Bridge in mind, i went down to the Shepperton one last Week End, I still need to up load the Photos from that one.

One for this Week End is Knebworth House. This is usually a Really good show, over 2 Days now as well... Aiming to get along on the Sunday, if your about, or any one else come to that??? Cheers for now, all the best,

John...
Green-Ghia
Car(s): 1979 Ford Capri MKIII 2.0 Ghia - Apollo Green

Post by Green-Ghia »

Really enjoyed looking through these photos, it seems a great club with some gorgeous cars :-) Thanks for sharing.
1979 Ford Capri MKIII 2.0 Ghia - Apollo Green / Chocolate Brown Verona Trim