Capri's at The Ace Cafe 2016

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Capri's at The Ace Cafe 2016

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi all,

Had a truly fantastic day today up at The Ace Café for the 10th Anniversary of Capri's at this world famous and iconic café :D

Before some photo's just a few words if I may.....

First up I just wanted to say a massive thanks to Kris from this forum for organising this amazing event and for all his hard work and dedication towards making this event the stunning day out it was. If it were not for the likes of him, and Calvin who also helped organise this event then these fantastic days out for us simply would not happen. They deserve all the plaudits they receive...and more :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

So as said it really was a brilliant day but not just for the terrific array of Capri's that made the journey along to The Ace, but it was meeting up with old friends and some new from this forum that really made my day. It was great to see Mark, Neil, Kris, Danny and last but not least John :D

Mark have not seen you for a while so it was brilliant to see you today and your wonderful 280. It really is a credit to you mate and looks superb ! Love the CCI Dash mate. All yours (and Andrews :wave: ) hard work was well worth the effort as it looks stunning and it wont ever crack...or as you said "well it shouldn't anyway" :lol: Nice work with your 280...keep it up fella !

Same goes to you too Neil...your 2.8i just gets better and better each time I see it. Your "original" rad you had re-cored and fitted looks great mate. Always great to feast my eyes on your 2.8i mate. Nice one !

Kris, it was fantastic to see you too again mate. Your 2.0S looks absolutely stunning with your recent paintjob...you know what I think of the colour...I just love it to bits !! Your "S" really is a splendid Capri indeed mate. Your wheels are amazing and just look so proper on your Capri :D

Danny, at last we meet fella. Another face to a name. Nice one ! Thanks for showing me around your lovey 1.6 Laser mate and talking me through all the work you have done to it. It really is in good hands with you. Talking with you its easy to see the passion you have for your Capri(s). Jeepers at 21 I was over the moon to own one Capri but to have two already I bow to you sir ! Keep up the splendid work. By the way your Capri does sound amazing with that 3" tailpipe. I heard to as you were leaving !

John, what can I say mate...another memorable convoy with you albeit a short one by our standards :lol: but still a big pleasure for me, as always it is ! Your 2.8i Special is just stunning John. I never tire spending time looking over it. And it looks and sounds so dam good when I sit behind you on the road with those Janspeeds of yours ! Thanks for the enjoyable day mate !

So anyway as this is the Gallery forum I had better post a few photos I suppose. I wont go too crazy as I am sure that Mark, Neil and John are itching to sit down and spend half the night uploading theirs so I will leave some "space " for them :lol: :lol: :lol:

First up just has to be the forum Capri's...

Starting with a group of four :wave:

From near to far...yours truly, John, Neil and Mark
Image20160806_102207 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_102200 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Now from the other end with Marks the nearest...
Image20160806_101800 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

I love this photo...
Image20160806_101731 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

And now from behind...before the car park filled up !
Image20160806_101815 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Now the forum cars up close and personal...

Johns 2.8i Special...
Image20160806_113941 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_113844 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Neils 2.8i...
Image20160806_113746 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_113826 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Marks 280...
Image20160806_113741 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_113810 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Kris's 2.0S...Just love this colour...
Image20160806_110521 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_112213 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

And love the wheels too Kris...
Image20160806_140448 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Was great to finally meet Danny and his 1.6 Laser...
Image20160806_123128 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_123104 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

sounds/looks great...
Image20160806_123116 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Now for some others chaps, hope you enjoy them...

Image20160806_102147 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_102318 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_133311 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_133317 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_133251 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Award winning MK1 V8...
Image20160806_114355 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_114402 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_114327 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Stunning GT...
Image20160806_112719 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_112643 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Lovely MK2 Ghia...
Image20160806_114241 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_114126 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_114155 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

John said he thought this lovely Capri belonged to a forum member but I cannot remember her name he told me...John... help please...
Image20160806_124209 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

the stripes look well cool :D
Image20160806_124154 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Amazing 2.0S...
Image20160806_112411 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_112348 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_134813 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_140213 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_140218 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

even got a bus in this photo :wave:
Image20160806_130315 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_130318 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

After Neil and Mark left a space between me and John and another Lacquer red capri :D
Image20160806_142220 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

And finally...this chap pulled up and parked up behind us...a Ford P100...don't see many of these...one for you Dave :wave:
Image20160806_142634 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_142650 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

So folks, I hope you enjoyed the photos. I did not want to go too crazy as the other chaps might want to add a few as well so hope you get a feeling for the atmosphere at this brilliant event. I really did have a great day with meeting up with those that attended and drooling over so many superb Capri's...and a P100 !

All the best chaps

Nick
Last edited by Fordoholic Nick on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: Capri's at The Ace Cafe 2016

Post by sheff »

Great photo's Nick :D I guess you and me had the same idea at the same time :lol: :lol: Oh well more for the other Forum members to look through tonight.

Great catching up with you today, hopefully we can get together again in Bristol next month.

All the best
Neil
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Just had a good look through your pictures Nick. Looked a great meet, the forum cars were well presented, lots of elbow grease obviously used on your cars leading up to the event. A great turnout of Capris, will have to make one of these, if only for the 'free breakfast' :D
Thanks for posting, was looking forward to these pictures, you've captured it well.
All the best mate,
Rob
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
It looks like you and everybody else had a great day at the Ace. Thanks for uploading all these photos, they really give us poor unfortunates who couldn't go a flavour of the meet.
All the cars look absolutely gorgeous, especially the forum cars. There aren't too many photos of Danny's car on here, so it's good to see it in detail.

Anorak spot:
OMT431K is on the front cover of the CCI Magazine and deservedly won a gold award.
B188VPO belongs to daisyduke.

Thanks again,
Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Anorak spot:
OMT431K is on the front cover of the CCI Magazine and deservedly won a gold award.
B188VPO belongs to daisyduke.
Hi Andrew,

Yep OMT 431K completely deserved the Best Mk1 today too mate. Absolutely stunning car.

Thanks for the info on B188 VPO...Yep, I remember now, John did mention daisyduke, I just could not remember earlier :banghead: I seen her driving it into the carpark. Lovely Capri and as I said the stripes do look really good !

Anyhow mate, I am glad you enjoyed the photo's...it took me so long to load them as my Laptop was misbehaving that I hit the "submit" button before checking at the last min if any of the other chaps had posted. Neil just pipped me to it with his great pictures but he actually captured a lot of what I did not which is great!

Before I forget I forgot ( :) ) to post up a photo of Calvins lovely Cabaret II ...

Image20160806_110529 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160806_112220 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

He has it booked into Silverstone tomorrow for some track action...

All the best

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Freelanderfan wrote:Thanks for posting, was looking forward to these pictures, you've captured it well.
All the best mate,
Thanks Rob. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. It really was a great meet. It would be great if you could pop up to one of the shows up "this way" some time as much as I hope to get along down your way to the Queen Square meet :)

Rob there were some amazing Capri's there today. A few Pinto's with side draughts that were making my 32/36 twin choke look a tiddler :cry: .... :lol:

Anyhow thanks for your kind comments. Makes it worth the two hours to upload them :)

All the best mate

Nick
Brettp
Car(s): Chevy v8 capri

Post by Brettp »

Had a really good day some really nice cars and people !
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:It would be great if you could pop up to one of the shows up "this way" some time as much as I hope to get along down your way to the Queen Square meet
Cheers Nick, I'd definitely like to attend more shows 'over the bridge' just to see some different cars as a change from the 'regulars' , the Queen Square one is pretty diverse & not too far for us.
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Anyhow thanks for your kind comments. Makes it worth the two hours to upload them :)
I know what you mean, it takes ages to upload a set of pictures like this but it's great for others who can't make it to enjoy them.
Cheers,
Rob
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Danny, at last we meet fella. Another face to a name. Nice one ! Thanks for showing me around your lovey 1.6 Laser mate and talking me through all the work you have done to it. It really is in good hands with you. Talking with you its easy to see the passion you have for your Capri(s). Jeepers at 21 I was over the moon to own one Capri but to have two already I bow to you sir ! Keep up the splendid work. By the way your Capri does sound amazing with that 3" tailpipe. I heard to as you were leaving !
Was great to meet you guys yesterday as well, and many lovely cars were oggled! It certainly gives me a target to get both mine looking as shiny as some of yours! I'm also glad the exhaust is to your liking, it sounds like it has plenty of oopmf while I trundle away :lol:

I only have a few pictures of the day so enjoy

A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1984 Capri 2.8 injection special
2016 Ford Tourneo Titanium
2015 Subaru Forrester
1958 Porsche 108L Tractor

Post by Bertie »

Hi Nick

Great little write up and super pics buddy, no need to ask if you enjoyed your day at the Ace... :D

Nice mix of standard and modded cars all looking good but I'm sure one or two were stand outs as usual. Almost bought a P100 last week but just to far gone in the end but they are still a cheap little pick up at the moment...

Cheers, Des
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Hi Nick,
Three gorgeous lacquer red cars in the same photo. Heaven! :D

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Bertie wrote:Great little write up and super pics buddy, no need to ask if you enjoyed your day at the Ace... :D
Thanks Des :)

Yep, had a brilliant day mate in a superb venue, although when we arrived at 9.45am the car park was full of Harley Davidsons for some sort of bikers breakfast meet. I was gonna go over and tell them all to bugger off so we could get the Capri's in but they decided to make a move anyway just before I "approached" them. John had to hold me back...honest... :wave:
Bertie wrote: Almost bought a P100 last week but just to far gone in the end but they are still a cheap little pick up at the moment...
And a very nice pick up indeed Des ! Well cool. This one got a bit of attention when it parked up behind us. It later came in and parked up in the car park after a few Capri's had left. Don't know if it was part of the "Unlucky Racing Club Meet" which was taking place just after our Capri Meet. Dave might know of this P100 (?) as he has a stunning one himself so may have seen this around...

Thanks again Des, the forum cars had a good show but always room for more next year.... ;)

All the best

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Three gorgeous lacquer red cars in the same photo. Heaven! :D
Thanks Andrew, This was a photo I could not resist...Lacquer Red Heaven indeed Sir...but still a long way to go to compete with the Orange ST Chaps at Silverstone last year...

Image20150802_100836 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Des, the Lacquer Red Owners Club needs you fella.... :lol:

All the best mate,

Nick
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

Nick, great pics, unlike the sea of orange it really makes for a unique view of what these classic Fords are all about. Different ideas, but the goal is the same - buying, maintaining, possibly modifying and definitely driving a car with such iconic looks. I had to laugh yesterday when a lady at work saw me parking in the car park at work and said "that is one cool car". I think she's married though! Thank you for the kind comments about the car as well, although I can only take half the credit for the part sourcing, handing over money & the detailing, but it's testament to what it looks like now in comparison to last year.

Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent, my chairman's report & pics to follow in the next couple of days.

Kris
Bertie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1984 Capri 2.8 injection special
2016 Ford Tourneo Titanium
2015 Subaru Forrester
1958 Porsche 108L Tractor

Post by Bertie »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Thanks Andrew, This was a photo I could not resist...Lacquer Red Heaven indeed Sir...but still a long way to go to compete with the Orange ST Chaps at Silverstone last year...

Image20150802_100836 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Des, the Lacquer Red Owners Club needs you fella.... :lol:
Hey Nick

I'm sure like you guys I prefer to be a with a small group of bulls at the top of the hill rather than 100 cows at the bottom of the hill waiting to be shagged..... :xd:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

2litreScapri wrote:Nick, great pics,
it really makes for a unique view of what these classic Fords are all about. Different ideas, but the goal is the same - buying, maintaining, possibly modifying and definitely driving a car with such iconic looks.
Hi Kris. Thanks mate. Yep this is exactly the reason I love these shows. As lovely as it is to see original examples I am always very excited to see what owners have done with their beloved Capri's. Both original and Modded make these great shows such a pleasure to be a part of ! Me, John, Neil and Mark were sitting inside waiting for our cooked breakfasts when we saw you and Calvin arrived. Your 2.0S is a proper stunner. We all agreed the colour is stunning with the wheels to match. You done some amazing work over the last year mate. Nice one Kris !
2litreScapri wrote: a lady at work saw me parking in the car park at work and said "that is one cool car". I think she's married though!
:lowrider: ;) :lol:
2litreScapri wrote:Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent, my chairman's report & pics to follow in the next couple of days.
Great Kris. Will look forward to this. Once again thank you for a great day out mate. Another superb show thanks to you and Calvin. Sorry we left without a final cheerio but you had popped off somewhere and the traffic was building up on the A406 due to the football at Wembley so we thought to make a run for it :wave:

Hope to see you soon Kris

All the best

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:still a long way to go to compete with the Orange ST Chaps at Silverstone last year.
Hi Nick,
And one Escort cabriolet in amongst them, as I recall!

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:And one Escort cabriolet in amongst them, as I recall!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Very well remembered Andrew and as I recall at the time an amazing spot by you old chap...

You have the memory of an elephant and the eye of an eagle :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: You have the memory of an elephant and the eye of an eagle :)
You mean the memory of a goldfish and........................now, what were we talking about again? :lol:

Andrew.
Green-Ghia
Car(s): 1979 Ford Capri MKIII 2.0 Ghia - Apollo Green

Post by Green-Ghia »

Looked a fantastic meet, stunning cars and the weather always helps! Always fancied going to the Ace.
1979 Ford Capri MKIII 2.0 Ghia - Apollo Green / Chocolate Brown Verona Trim