Jackson Bridge.. Small local show

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1984 Capri 2.8 injection special
2016 Ford Tourneo Titanium
2015 Subaru Forrester
1958 Porsche 108L Tractor

Jackson Bridge.. Small local show

Post by Bertie »

Met up with a couple of owners at a small local show tonight..

Both 3lt S nut and bolt rebuilds with a twist here and there... :D stunning in their own right...

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Jackson Bridge.. Small local show

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Des,

Wow ! Both those 3.0S are absolutely stunning mate, just as you said in their own right. Very different restorations indeed but both to a level only I can dream off ! Tremendous amount of work to get them to this unbelievable standard.

Des, I do love those bonnet stays that hold up the bonnet rather than the "rod". Seen them a lot at shows and was thinking to maybe look at fitting them to mine at some stage...but as said only thinking for now...after all mine is only a 2.0 Pinto :lol: Are they pretty simple to fit do you know ? Looks like it they just attach to the hinges and the strut top fixings with a strut brace type fitting ?

Anyway, thanks for posting these pictures :D

All the best now

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Bertie wrote: stunning in their own right...
I'd have to agree Des, both done to a very high standard & refreshing to see a change sometimes, really like the yellow one with it's polished wheels, thanks for posting.
Rob
Last edited by Caprifan Rob on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Hi Des,
Des, I do love those bonnet stays that hold up the bonnet rather than the "rod". Seen them a lot at shows and was thinking to maybe look at fitting them to mine at some stage...but as said only thinking for now...after all mine is only a 2.0 Pinto :lol: Are they pretty simple to fit do you know ? Looks like it they just attach to the hinges and the strut top fixings with a strut brace type fitting ?
Nick
Hi Nick

The struts are from a VW Lupo, you can get them off eBay for about £20 with clips. There are other parts you need which I can get the info for if you decide to do it, allegedly they are finicky but not that difficult to fit....

Oh and no such thing as ONLY a 2.0 Pinto.... as you know, I really like yours.. :D
Last edited by Bertie on Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Freelanderfan wrote: I'd have to agree Des, both done to a very high standard & refreshing to see a change sometimes, really like the yellow one with it's polished wheels, thanks for posting.
Rob
The yellow certainly stands out in a crowd but the detail on both is superb, I seen quite a few now where rebuilds have an individual stamp most of which are subtle but effective. A couple more were there on the night which I will add shortly..
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Bertie wrote:The struts are from a VW Lupo, you can get them off eBay for about £20 with clips. There are other parts you need which I can get the info for if you decide to do it, allegedly they are finicky but not that difficult to fit....
Thanks very much for that info Des. I would not have known where to start looking for them mate. I will definately contact you again then for more details when I decide to get them. I just think they look really great and I still get to keep my original rod too. Cheers fella
Bertie wrote:Oh and no such thing as ONLY a 2.0 Pinto.... as you know, I really like yous.. :D
Nice one Des. Cheers :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

A nice 280 turned up..

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Chap with this 3.0 auto has had it many years and still very original which was nice...

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Des,
It looks like a good show. All the Capris look to be in stunning condition, but I especially love the colour of the yellow 3.0.
Perhaps next year there will be a lacquer red 2.8 receiving all the plaudits!

All the best,
Andrew.
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Des,

I take it this is out past New Mill??? I'm from Huddersfield originally as you know, so I could see about getting along to this next Year if I'm visiting the folks....

Quite right Andrew, there could be a Lacq Red one getting some attention..... :xd: :xd: :xd: :xd:

Only kidding Des, having been watching your progres, I think I'll be in the shade next to yours when your back on the Road... Hopefully not too long now either.... Cheers,

John....
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Des,
It looks like a good show. All the Capris look to be in stunning condition, but I especially love the colour of the yellow 3.0.
Perhaps next year there will be a lacquer red 2.8 receiving all the plaudits!

All the best,
Andrew.
Hi Andrew

It's a very good well attended local event, most everyone (including me) loved the yellow 3.0 but as I said both including the black one were a bit special.. The lacquer red one will as always divide opinion :D
Taff50ish wrote:Hi Des,

I take it this is out past New Mill??? I'm from Huddersfield originally as you know, so I could see about getting along to this next Year if I'm visiting the folks....

Quite right Andrew, there could be a Lacq Red one getting some attention..... :xd: :xd: :xd: :xd:

Only kidding Des, having been watching your progres, I think I'll be in the shade next to yours when your back on the Road... Hopefully not too long now either.... Cheers,

John....
Indeed it is John, I'll try to remember to send you notice of the dates.... So many Capris are being renovated it's difficult to keep up .. Yours will always be a standout car buddy, loved, un molested, low miles, original, what more could a guy want,, :D

Cheers, Des
Green-Ghia
Car(s): 1979 Ford Capri MKIII 2.0 Ghia - Apollo Green

Post by Green-Ghia »

Stunning Tibean Ghia, looked fabulous :-)
1979 Ford Capri MKIII 2.0 Ghia - Apollo Green / Chocolate Brown Verona Trim