Queen Square, Bristol. July 2016.

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Queen Square, Bristol. July 2016.

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Everyone,
The weather was a bit ropey this month, but I'm glad to report that plenty of excellent classics turned out.
I've uploaded some of the photos here, however, if anyone wishes to see some more cars that were there on the day, have a look on my Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/130542797 ... 9876555810

Unfortunately, I didn't take my Capri, so this rather nice Special was the only one there.
I've seen it here a few times on previous occasions, but this was the first time I've had a chance to speak to the owner, Chris. :wave:

Here are some other cars from the meet:

All the best,
Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Queen Square, Bristol. July 2016.

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Andrew,

Great pics mate. Only one Capri this time but as you say rather nice indeed !

Andrew there is just something about a Ford Transit I absolutely love ! Very rare to see these "out and about". I would love to own one myself but I am pushing my luck with Mrs :lol:

Glad you enjoyed yet another visit to Queen Square mate. You must know a few of the regulars there by now. Anyhow I enjoyed looking through them even if your 2.8i was not amongst them this time :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
Another great meet as usual, i'm glad you enjoyed browsing through the photos.
[quote="Fordoholic Nick"]Andrew there is just something about a Ford Transit I absolutely love ! Very rare to see these "out and about". I would love to own one myself but I am pushing my luck with Mrs :lol: /quote]
This one was beautifully restored, there wasn't a blemish on it.
As I was looking around it with my friend, I noticed that the keys were left in the ignition and the owner was nowhere to be seen......

Hopefully my 2.8 will be making the trip next month.........weather permitting! :D

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Some great cars again Andrew, looked through your flicker pics, quite a few nice cars turned up. Used to own an Orion Ghia for a few years, good to see them about in shows now.
Thanks for posting, enjoyed looking.
Cheers,
Rob
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Freelanderfan wrote: Used to own an Orion Ghia for a few years, good to see them about in shows now
Hi Rob,
The Orion Ghia was a good car in it's day, and it's now unusual to see them in such excellent condition as this one was.
These days they are a much more reasonably priced alternative to the XR3i.

I'm glad you enjoyed looking through the photos.

Andrew.
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Andrew,

I can't believe I've already missed so many of these gatherings!!! Crazy how time is flying. I do have to say, the Rover SD1, Wow, I used to chauffeur in one of these in my Younger Days... A Friends Dad had one and as a Summer job, he got me to drive it for him to meetings etc, brilliant... I know I have rose coloured memories, but I do remember this being the 1st car which nearly snapped my Neck under acceleration... Well, I was still in a Chevette at the time!!! :xd: :lol: :xd: :lol:
But also the MKII Manta, nice bit of kit there too... Cheers for sharing as ever... All the best,

John...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Taff50ish wrote: I do have to say, the Rover SD1, Wow
Hi John,
I've got to say that the Vitesse is one of my all-time favourites, and this was the best I've seen for a very long time. The chap went to somewhere in Scotland to buy it, that's how scarce good ones are getting these days. The best bit is, he only paid £5000 or so a year ago. That is a lot of car for the money!
The owner told me a little story that when he went to view the car, the vendor took him around to the garage that restored the car. He was told by a rather stocky Scotsman that they'd put in 10 months of hard work restoring the car, and that he'd better look after it or they were going to find him!

Did your Dad's friend pay you to be a chauffeur or were you happy to pay him for the privilege of driving the car? :lol:

All the best,
Andrew.