Queen Square, Bristol. May 2016 *Updated Video*

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Queen Square, Bristol. May 2016 *Updated Video*

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi All,
I will upload some photos tomorrow.
In the meantime, for those who haven't been to this great meet before, I've uploaded a short video of a lap of the square. Hopefully I've captured some of the flavour of this meet, although the turnout was a little worse than can usually be expected. As you can see, the weather wasn't great.
Please excuse the poor sound, I'm not sure what's causing the creaking noise that can be heard. It's probably the suspension taking a hammering on the cobbles! :D

All the best,
Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Fri May 13, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Re: Queen Square, Bristol. May 2016

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi All,
I've just noticed that the picture quality isn't great either, sorry. Something to do with converting the file to a different format so it can be edited in Movie Maker. I'll try something else to see if I can maintain the original quality.

Andrew.
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Andrew,

Great little vid fella. Got to ask. Did you get any shots of that Monza, just as you set off on the Right, just before the Capri. As you say, I've seen some of these before here, I sound like a veteran of this now!!! :xd: :xd: :xd: I must get over to another one of these again this Year. Cheers Andrew, all the best,

John...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Taff50ish wrote: Did you get any shots of that Monza
Hi John,
Sadly, not this time. Although I did get some shots of the same car on previous occasions. Will they do?

I had a chat with Steveweaver from this forum at the Nationals. He's lucky enough to own a Capri and a Monza! :D

All the best,
Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi All,
I didn't take many photos this time as I had to leave early to go to the CCI meet, I probably missed a lot of cars because of this. The poor weather early on possibly didn't help, but the sun did come out later on and there were plenty of tasty cars arriving as I was leaving.

There were 2 nice Capris there this month, do they belong to anyone on this forum?

Other highlights, in no particular order. Most of the cars you will have seen in previous threads, but they're worth seeing again.

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Fri May 13, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Hi Andrew,
Surprising the amount of 'Classics' that still hit the roads despite the wet weather.
Some nice cars there as usual :)

Andy with the Black XR4i from Simply Ford, has lent me his Mk4 XR3i Cabriolet to use over the summer so it can get some use.
It's far from perfect but one you can drive whatever the weather :D He also has an XR2i in similar condition....

It's a bit like these companies that hire out classics, except it only costs me petrol :lol: Don't think he'll lend me the 4i though :(
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Andy with the Black XR4i from Simply Ford, has lent me his Mk4 XR3i Cabriolet to use over the summer so it can get some use.
Hi Andy,
What a result! Are you taking "your" classic to Queen Square at some point during the summer?

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Andy with the Black XR4i from Simply Ford, has lent me his Mk4 XR3i Cabriolet to use over the summer so it can get some use.
Hi Andy,
What a result! Are you taking "your" classic to Queen Square at some point during the summer?

Andrew.
August is the first weekend free that will coincide, hopefully will still have it :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:August is the first weekend free that will coincide, hopefully will still have it :)
Hi Andy,
Fingers crossed!
After all, you're doing him a favour by giving the car some use over the summer.... :D
It sounds like you've got a busy schedule this year.

Andrew.
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Re: Queen Square, Bristol. May 2016 *Updated Video*

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Andrew,

Cheers for those extra pics of the Monza, just love em. Up there with the Hatch Back Granada's.... But you get the Knight Rider dash board!!!! :D

The Blue injection looks amazing as you say too.... I look forward to getting over to this again at some point. Might try for the August one too, see Andy in the XRCi....??? Best of luck with this fella....

Well, cheers for now, all the best,

John...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Taff50ish wrote:I look forward to getting over to this again at some point. Might try for the August one too, see Andy in the XRCi....???
August could be a good meet at this rate! Weather permitting, of course.......

All the best,
Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:August is the first weekend free that will coincide, hopefully will still have it :)
Hi Andy,
Fingers crossed!
After all, you're doing him a favour by giving the car some use over the summer.... :D
It sounds like you've got a busy schedule this year.

Andrew.
Hi Andrew,
Pretty busy as usual :)
Did a local show today approx 400 cars.....Will post some pics if my mate sends me the link of what he took

Had a chat with a couple 2.8 Capri owners, only 2 Capri's there :shock: But a stunning 1962 Consul Capri with a 3.0 Essex in it and Custom Longlife exhausts...... sounded great :D :D :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Did a local show today approx 400 cars.....Will post some pics if my mate sends me the link of what he took
Hi Andy,
400 cars is a really good turnout for a local show, it sounds like you had a good day. I bet it's been glorious in Devon today!

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Great pictures & video Andrew, looked like a good turnout. Black Laser & Blue 2.8i look good, that Kenworth truck took up a few spaces, hope they don't have a regular forum meet, there'll be nowhere to park ;) Are you going to Cardiff city stadium show on 21st? If so, see you there.
All the best,
Rob
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Rob,
I'm pleased you liked the photos. Although you can see that the turnout was a bit down on usual (maybe it was still early, maybe it was the weather), but it was still worth going.
Freelanderfan wrote:Are you going to Cardiff city stadium show on 21st? If so, see you there.
Sure am, I'll see you there. Are you going in Corey's Mini?
Hopefully it will be as good this year as it was last year. That was one of the best shows I've ever been to for a general classic show.

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sure am, I'll see you there. Are you going in Corey's Mini?
Hopefully it will be as good this year as it was last year. That was one of the best shows I've ever been to for a general classic show.
Yes going in the Mini, hoping to get the Capri's interior completed this week, not much left to do then :)
I agree, it was a great show all round last year, looking forward to it. See you there.
Rob