CCI Nationals 2016

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

CCI Nationals 2016

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Everyone,
As stated in a different thread, we had fantastic weather for the nationals. The standard of the cars was incredibly high this year, with all sorts of gorgeous Capris present. I enjoyed meeting some forum members for the first time and catching up with some I've met before. All in all, it was a great day.

Be warned, I might have gone to town with the number of photos, but so many cars were worth showing here. Enjoy!

What better way to start, than with this action shot of a GOLD award winning beauty!

Mk2s were noted by their absence last year, however, there were some beauties this time around, like this 2.0 Ghia.

I'm not sure what the bodykit is on this 2.8.

This cobalt blue 3.0S was absolutely stunning. And there's John sneaking into the background cleaning his car to a well-deserved gold standard!

This 2.8 was immaculate and had a beautiful deep shine.

Just look at this immaculately presented Mk1 1600. It was no surprise to learn that it won gold in the Mk1 concours competition.

Those who attended Simply Ford will remember this wonderfully restored barn find 1600GT.

The owner was a smashing chap, really friendly. The funny thing is, he seemed genuinely surprised to win silver in the concours. I told him he should make plenty more space on his mantelpiece, as more trophies in the future are a certainty!

A beautiful 280 that some of us have seen out and about at other shows.

I think it's fair to say that this bodykitted 3.0 will divide opinions.

Another 280. This one is simply superb.

This Dutch registered 2.3S must be a rare sight in this country at least.

A 2.8 with a Kat kit.

It's not often you see a 280 that's had an engine conversion. This one's got a BOA Cosworth (I think).

I think these wheels suit this 2.0 Laser.

I remember this gleaming red 2.8 from Simply Ford.

I love the colour of this 3.0 Ghia.

I think this one is a 2.8, although it was badged as a 3.0S.

This Cosworth engine car looked to be done to a very high standard.

I like the look of this 2.8. The wheels look amazing on it.

This forest green GL always comes away with an award. Ford good reason!

Another gorgeous Ghia, a 2.0 this time.

Another stunning Mk2 Ghia.

2.8 X pack.

I believe this is a 3000GT with mods to resemble an RS3100.

Caspian blue over strato silver 2.8. The owner was telling me that he was recently accosted by a lady with a mobile phone at a recent car show. :lol: I think this is the car that Nick's mother saw at a show, but I did not realise until I looked at the photos later, so I didn't get a chance to say hello to the owner from Nick. :sorry:

Pre-facelift 1600GT. I loved the look of this, especially the colour.

This 2.0S was beautiful, and it's quite an unusual colour for that model.

Another 2.8 I like the look of.

2.0S.

More stunning 2.8s.

This one had a lovely deep shine.

Here's mine.

Yet another fantastic 3.0 Ghia.

Silver 3.0S.

Beautiful 1.6L

Yet another immaculate example of a pre facelift mk1 1600.

Dan's 1.6 Laser. Hopefully he'll soon be insured to drive it himself, and then he can really start to enjoy ownership.

I absolutely love the Tickford. This stunning example was owned by a really knowledgeable and friendly chap. He lives in Wales, and I told him about an upcoming show in Cardiff, so hopefully I'll get to see it again soon. In the photos this car looks black, but when you change angles it varies from black to brown to a kind of purple colour. Spectacular!

Opinions on the aftermarket additions on this Mk2 will vary, however, it is in lovely condition.

Amazing!

We'll end the same way I started, with this gold award winner. Congratulations John!

All the best,
Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Tue May 10, 2016 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: CCI Nationals 2016

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Been waiting all weekend for these Andrew :D looks like great weather this year, really brought some great looking capris out. A great selection of all models to enjoy, got a soft spot for those 2.0s capris, want another one :!:
It shows just how good yours & John's cars are to win gold again in that company, they really are a credit to you both. Hopefully convoy up there with you next time, it's a great show.
Thanks for posting, brilliant pictures.
Cheers,
Rob
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Freelanderfan wrote:Been waiting all weekend for these Andrew :D looks like great weather this year, really brought some great looking capris out.....Thanks for posting, brilliant pictures.
Hi Rob,
Yes, it was a great show, I really enjoyed it again this year.

Thanks for your comments. I was certainly very pleased to have won an award in the company of all these stunning cars.

All the best,
Andrew.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1984 Capri 2.8 injection special
2016 Ford Tourneo Titanium
2015 Subaru Forrester
1958 Porsche 108L Tractor

Post by Bertie »

Hi Andrew

Fantastic pictures and thanks for posting such a great selection of cracking cars... :D

I must put this in the diary for next year, the turnout looks superb and obviously I've never been before. Many of the cars look to be at the top of their game so to take away a top awarded is a real credit to both you and John.

Des
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Bertie wrote:Fantastic pictures and thanks for posting such a great selection of cracking cars... :D

I must put this in the diary for next year, the turnout looks superb and obviously I've never been before. Many of the cars look to be at the top of their game so to take away a top awarded is a real credit to both you and John.
Hi Des,
I'm glad that you enjoyed looking through the photos.
There were lots of real corkers, and different styles of Capri to cater for all tastes. This show is definitely worth visiting, in my opinion.
The standard of cars is so high that it's either aspirational or depressing, depending on your point of view!

Andrew.
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

Great photo's Andrew, looks like the sunny weather brought out a good turnout this year :D

The Silver 3.0S looks amazing and I'd love a set of those alloys..... They look like they could be 15" dia :?

All the best
Neil
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

Great pics, and well done John! Top notch on gold, well worth it!

The black Tickford is my absolute favourite. I first saw it at Nationals in 2010, it made an appearance at Brooklands, and it is fantastic throughout. The bodykitted black 2.8 is a guy called Andrew, this is the one I went to Beaulieu in Sounds great, goes well, and the bodykit & whale tail has grown on me, plus Andrew's a great bloke. Weather was nice, turnout impressive. Glad everyone enjoyed the day!

Kris
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for taking the time to upload so many stunning photo's. I think its fair to say a few of us have been waiting in excitement for these and boy they don't disappoint. Amazing display...makes me want to :woot:

Simply INCREDIBLE array of Capri's mate. Mate yours looks absolutely gorgeous fella, as does John's tremendous 2.8i Special.

Brilliant to see Dan's Laser too. Fantastic ! Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh myself some time...nice one Dan :applaud:

As has been said the standard of the Capri's was mind blowing. I definitely gonna go all out to get to this next year and park up alongside TWO time Gold Award winners like yourself and John. Impossible to try to highlight specific Capri's as with so many stunners ( yours included) I would not know where to start. Wonderful collection of probably some of the best Capri's in the country :D

Andrew, that 2.8i is the one my Mum seen at the Yorkshire show. Well spotted ! Was he really telling you about "that lady" at the Yorkshire Show :lol: What a stunning looking motor he has. Dad was right when he said it was spotless. No wonder he won an award at the Yorkshire Show last weekend. He's the chairman of the Leeds Capri Owners Club.

Anyway Andrew I really enjoyed looking through these and will do again a few more times, Once again thanks for taking the time to upload so many for us :applaud:

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote:The Silver 3.0S looks amazing and I'd love a set of those alloys..... They look like they could be 15" dia :?
Hi Neil,
The car has definitely been lowered a good few inches all round, and I think that makes the wheels look bigger than they are. Somebody will know the answer for sure.
I'm pleased that you enjoyed looking through the photos.

All the best,
Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Simply INCREDIBLE array of Capri's mate.
Hi Nick,
I can't argue with you there.
Fordoholic Nick wrote: really enjoyed looking through these and will do again a few more times, Once again thanks for taking the time to upload so many for us :applaud:
It's a pleasure., and thanks for your kind comments about my car.

You should tell Blakey and Mrs F. that you must keep a space free in your diary for this show next year!
Fordoholic Nick wrote:Andrew, that 2.8i is the one my Mum seen at the Yorkshire show. Well spotted ! Was he really telling you about "that lady" at the Yorkshire Show :lol: What a stunning looking motor he has. Dad was right when he said it was spotless. No wonder he won an award at the Yorkshire Show last weekend. He's the chairman of the Leeds Capri Owners Club.
Yes, and he also said something about talking to a raving Fordoholic on the phone.... :lol:
Sorry Nick, I didn't get to meet the driver........Although you're right, the car was very nice indeed and I'm sure it must have won an award here too.

All the best,
Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

2litreScapri wrote:Great pics, and well done John! Top notch on gold, well worth it!

The black Tickford is my absolute favourite. I first saw it at Nationals in 2010, it made an appearance at Brooklands, and it is fantastic throughout.
Hi Kris,
I agree that John thoroughly deserves his gold medal, and to achieve it with a car that is used so often is a credit to him.

The Tickford is an absolutely gorgeous car.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Hi Andrew,
Great pictures, looks like it was a great day :)
As mentioned you and John did well to get an award amongst that quality of cars :applaud:

Nice to see E88BNO out and about with it's new owner, also a few others there I recognise :D

Andy
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Andrew,

Yep, as has been said, some Really Great photos of a Great day. I must thank everyone, yourself included for the comments on my motor, really heart warming!!! I honestly don't think you've missed owt that I have, so I'll leave well alone.

Great that the Cappa Nicks folks saw was this one... And one that Kris has been a Co Piolt in too.... On a selfish note and I hope you don't mind??? I've Half Inched that first pic for my Desktop!!! Really great pic!!! As I say, just been selfish for a moment, but I love it.....

By the way, great Vid of Queens square on the way here too and you did use your wipers..... You must have given it a good Polish once you got there as it was amazing as ever Andrew. Thanks again for sharing these, all the best for now, till the next one, cheers,

John...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Great pictures, looks like it was a great day :)
Hi Andy,
Thanks, I hope you enjoyed looking through them.
Fantastic cars, great weather and friendly people all combine to make this show unmissable.

All the best,
Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Taff50ish wrote:On a selfish note and I hope you don't mind??? I've Half Inched that first pic for my Desktop!!! Really great pic!!! As I say, just been selfish for a moment, but I love it.....
Hi John,
The invoice is in the post! I just happened to be in a good spot to take the photo as you arrived. How lucky was that? :D
Taff50ish wrote:Hi Andrew,

Yep, as has been said, some Really Great photos of a Great day. By the way, great Vid of Queens square on the way here too and you did use your wipers..... You must have given it a good Polish once you got there as it was amazing as ever Andrew.
Thanks John, I'm glad that you enjoyed looking through the photos. I didn't recognise the car Nick's parents spotted at the show until I got home and compared the photos.

You were lucky not to see any rain on the way to the show, I certainly saw more than my fair share! You should have seen the state of my car after driving through that.....
On that note, I'm definitely going to buy myself some of that Meguiars waterless polish that you've got, then my car will be as gleaming as yours!

All the best,
Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Tue May 10, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Couldn't beat the weather. I toyed with the idea but in the end couldn't be bothered with the drive. Went to a local event instead. Looks like there were some very nice cars out there, very good pics Andrew. For me I'd take most of em, except extravagant and bodykitted examples. Nice though just not my thing.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:Couldn't beat the weather. I toyed with the idea but in the end couldn't be bothered with the drive. Went to a local event instead. Looks like there were some very nice cars out there, very good pics Andrew. For me I'd take most of em, except extravagant and bodykitted examples. Nice though just not my thing.
Hi Mark,
Thanks, I'm pleased that you like the photos.
There were certainly lots of very nice cars of all descriptions. As long as they are described as "a Capri" ! :lol:
I agree with you about some of the heavily modified cars. They're not my thing either, but I can appreciate the work that goes into them by the owners. Although I must admit that I really like the Kat/ Tickford bodykit, but that's about the only kit I do like.
I've added photos of all different styles of Capri as it would be a little boring looking through photos of almost identical cars!

All the best,
Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:This cobalt blue 3.0S was absolutely stunning.

Hi All,
Now for sale on Ebay. Seems like a good buy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CAPRI-GE ... SwhDdXESBx

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Sun May 15, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Hi Andrew,
It looks like a really good car, and a reasonable price :)

Will be interesting to see what this makes http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-1979-For ... SwfZhXNFHv
Major work and £££'s for the new owner :shock:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

:lol:
andyd wrote:Will be interesting to see what this makes http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-1979-For ... SwfZhXNFHv
Major work and £££'s for the new owner :shock:
Hi Andy,
:agree: It doesn't look like an easy project.

The description states "this will be a project for a rail enthusiast"
I can't see why trainspotters would be interested in it! :lol:

Andrew.