Simply Ford 2016

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Simply Ford 2016

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi chaps,

Had a fantastic day yesterday down at sunny Beaulieu. For the first time I actually think I spent more time around the Capri chatting than looking around the show itself and when I did go for a wander I was having a great chat with Des (top bloke) before meeting with John and his Dad (two more top blokes) to pop into the museum, so I did not really get many photos this year :sorry: Hopefully someone else will have done and can add some here. I managed of course to take some pics of the forum and XROC though...

The brilliantly organised XR Owners Club Stand by Andy with some "special guests" from this forum :applaud:
Image20160501_104210 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

I just love these XR Fiesta's...Des is still looking bemused by how good John's engine sounded...sorry Des :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image20160501_104231 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Always a pleasure seeing Neil's wonderful 2.8i. Its a credit to him...
Image20160501_110838 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Bobby's cracking Pinto Powered motor. I really like the bumperless look. Brilliant ! He has some exciting plans for this Capri too so watch this forum for updates. Bobby has a custom made rad which looks superb :D Wish I thought to take a pic :banghead:
Image20160501_110830 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

John's amazing looking 2.8i Special looking even MORE amazing now he has moved into the "modern" world of waxes :lol: This is the result of a hard days waxing with Autoglym in between rain showers on Sat. Superb job John :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Image20160501_110819 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

The four forum Capri's...yours truly included :wave: I would have shut the bonnet for this shot but I was having some "issues" with the spring :shock: but was sorted by John before we left :)
Image20160501_110801 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160501_110856 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Cant miss Neil's great Peppers :)
Image20160501_110903 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Bobby's Capri looks just as great from the rear without the bumpers. Nice one Bobby :applaud:
Image20160501_110922 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

This is the previous owner of my Laser with yours truly (I am the ugly one on the right!) What a great pic to add to my own History I have built up on B112 AAT. I was absolutely chuffed to bits to meet Martyn...I have his name on my Log Book, now I have met him too. He is a great guy who really loves his classic Ford's. He's recently bought himself a MK5 Cortina. Nice one Martyn. If you see this you really made my day !
Image20160501_111447 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

As said I did not take photo's this year but could not resist this 2.0S....Stunning...
Image20160501_140453 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160501_140432 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160501_140439 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Finally John and his Dad (seen walking side by side) were itching to get amongst the "Orange Boys" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image20160501_135916 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

These guys really do make an impact at shows and you can see the love and dedication they have to their stunning condition Ford's. Fair play :applaud:
Image20160501_135909 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Anyhow hope you enjoyed these few pictures. Sorry I did not take more but for once I spent more time chatting than "looking" but enjoyed every minute as caught up with some old friends from here and met some new faces too...and some members of the public actually wanted to talk to me too about my pride and joy :D

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Simply Ford 2016

Post by Peter-S »

Nice pictures Nick up to a (orange) point! There looks to be even more than last year but I guess the weather was favourable this time.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
What a fantastic selection of photos, thanks for posting them for us all to enjoy. All the cars look absolutely superb, especially the forum cars.

Here's Nick hard at work fixing his bonnet spring, while John looks on, longing for his nice comfy chair! :D

I've posted some of my own shots, but didn't want to swamp your thread, so I've started my own. have a look through when you've got a few minutes spare.

All the best,
Andrew.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Great pictures Nick, good to see the forum Capri's lined up flying the flag for the rest of us, they're all looking great. Glad to see them where they should be, having fun on the road & collecting complements at the show. Must have been amazing to bump into the previous owner, a bit of a shock for both of you I suspect but at least he knows it's in good hands, bet he was sorry to let it go now ;)
All the best,
Rob
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Nick,

Some Great Shots there of the Stand and others!!! Cheers for sharing them. It looks like I have had one too many of those Dam Lettuce Leaves with my Health Conscious Salad ( :kebab: ) at Lunch time though, judging from Andrew's Photo!!! Now where is my Comfy Chair??? (With Leg Rests!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Cheers Nick and you Andrew!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Good shot, cheers,

John...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Hi Nick,
Great pics too, you even got the all important XR Gazebo in :D You are all more than welcome to share it in the future,
to shelter from the sun :D or rain :(

Good turnout for the Electric Orange ST Owners, but I prefer them in Performance Blue :whistle:

Andy
Bertie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1984 Capri 2.8 injection special
2016 Ford Tourneo Titanium
2015 Subaru Forrester
1958 Porsche 108L Tractor

Post by Bertie »

Hi Nick

Great pics buddy and what a brilliant coincidence meeting up with the previous owner. Both your faces told a different story, one wishing he was still the owner and the other well Chuffed it was his... :D

As for the look on my face, seeing and hearing John's (special) has given me a totally different perspective on what I want to achieve with mine, at least I have John to blame when I sit with the bank manager (wife)...... :lol:

Des
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote:Nice pictures Nick up to a (orange) point! There looks to be even more than last year but I guess the weather was favourable this time.
:lol: Thanks Peter. Yep was a very good turnout indeed....think the organisers quoted 800 or so :) Peter myself and John were saying it was a shame you were not in attendance as you were last year when we met and had a nice chat. Or were you and we just missed you mate....
Bertie wrote:Great pics buddy and what a brilliant coincidence meeting up with the previous owner. Both your faces told a different story, one wishing he was still the owner and the other well Chuffed it was his... :D
:lol: Was it that obvious Des...I really was on cloud nine chatting with him mate. Very special moment, especially when he said his worries over who had ended up with B112 AAT had vanished after meeting me yesterday. I think he knows for sure it has an owner who loves it to bits...and some more :wave: Both himself and his wife were lovely people who still had a lovely genuine affection for B112 AAT. I t really made me feel proud to what I have achieved myself whilst owning my beloved Laser :) :)
Bertie wrote:As for the look on my face, seeing and hearing John's (special) has given me a totally different perspective on what I want to achieve with mine, at least I have John to blame when I sit with the bank manager (wife)...... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Des, how can anyone not get seduced by the soundtrack from John's 2.8i special.....but having met and spoken to you Des your Capri is gonna be something very "special" too and cant wait to see it next show season. Very glad we finally met Des :)

All the best chaps

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:What a fantastic selection of photos, thanks for posting them for us all to enjoy. All the cars look absolutely superb, especially the forum cars.

Here's Nick hard at work fixing his bonnet spring, while John looks on, longing for his nice comfy chair! :D

Thanks Andrew, and thanks for showing me "hard at work" and John "lying down taking a break" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't think we need to let everyone know that John then took over and finished off the job in hand. That's just between me and you ;) ;) ;)
Freelanderfan wrote:Great pictures Nick, good to see the forum Capri's lined up flying the flag for the rest of us, they're all looking great. Glad to see them where they should be, having fun on the road & collecting complements at the show. Must have been amazing to bump into the previous owner, a bit of a shock for both of you I suspect but at least he knows it's in good hands, bet he was sorry to let it go now ;)
Thanks very much Rob. Yep it was great parking up alongside other members and meeting and chatting. Hopefully we can meet up some time during the summer mate. Be great ! Yes Rob as I think I may have said a few times now but never get tired saying it, it was a great moment indeed meeting Martyn the previous owner of B112 AAT...one I will not forget...and to have a face and a "real person" I can link to a name on my logbook is fantastic and the fact they were both such nice and genuine people just made it even more special for me mate :D :D :D
Taff50ish wrote:Some Great Shots there of the Stand and others!!! Cheers for sharing them.
Nice one John, Your 2.8i Special looked tremendous yesterday mate, but it already looked the dogs before but now you have experienced the wonderful world of Autoglym methinks you may not go back to the 30yr old turtle wax :lol: .Having said this though in its day Turtle Wax really was the stuff to use...suppose with modern technology it was always going to find it hard to compete with the newer waxes of today. I still have fond memories of Turtle Wax John so sad in a way that its not rated sso much alongside the new kids on the block.

Thanks once again for coming to the rescue helping sort my bonnet spring. Your tip with the card to make a spring hole template to mark where the spring beds down works a treat in finding the correct position to adjust the spring...even though it took "a few" adjustments :lol: Thanks for your patience fella and :sorry: for disturbing you on your foldable chair WITH LEG RESTS ! I have to say I tried it out and it was exceedingly comfortable...I may be onto you for your "supplier" :lol: Once again John your help was very much appreciated indeed mate !

All the best to you all

Nick
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Peter-S wrote:Nice pictures Nick up to a (orange) point! There looks to be even more than last year but I guess the weather was favourable this time.
:lol: Thanks Peter. Yep was a very good turnout indeed....think the organisers quoted 800 or so :) Peter myself and John were saying it was a shame you were not in attendance as you were last year when we met and had a nice chat. Or were you and we just missed you mate....

Nick
Hi Nick. Glad I was missed, lol!
No, didn't make the trek this year. It's about a 7 hour round trip so not one I will do every year but I won't discount doing it again at some point. Been very busy of late so the 2.8 is only coming out of winter hibernation this week but it should be at Molesworth for CRAP in a couple of months.

Hopefully catch you somewhere
Peter
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:thanks for showing me "hard at work"
Hi Nick,
Have you been hard at work adjusting that rubber bump stop yet, or are you not going to bother? It didn't look too badly adjusted, but then you do like things to be just so. Quite right too! :D

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Have you been hard at work adjusting that rubber bump stop yet, or are you not going to bother? It didn't look too badly adjusted, but then you do like things to be just so. Quite right too! :D
Hi Andrew,

Mate I was gonna do it today when I got home from work but as I was up at 4am this morning so I was feeling a tad tired after work and went for a quick nap which lasted 3hours. Woke up and The Chase was almost over :(

Still feeling groggy so will do it tomorrow or Thursday but I will definitely adjust it Andrew. You made a great spot there fella and the bonnet will certainly sit so much better on that side. As you say if I can do it I do like the finer details in life :lol:

As soon as I do it I will let you know. Might pop down there now and quickly give it a squirt of WD40....

Now...back to the "finer details"...now I am doing this I may treat myself to these while I am at it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Rubber- ... 6AFGDkQ-pA

I will ask Martin if he can supply new ones before I buy these ones off :ebay:...

They are pretty awkward to fit but I will use some soapy water methinks....to fit them, not to wash them.....yet :wave:

What's that Andrew about starting one job that leads into another.....but glad I got the bonnet spring sorted as I did not really want to have to refit the old one again as I kinda got quite used to the shiny look :D

All the best mate

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Now...back to the "finer details"...now I am doing this I may treat myself to these while I am at it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Rubber- ... 6AFGDkQ-pA
Hi Nick,
Go on, you know you want to...... :D
Although yours will probably clean up a treat with some Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care on them.

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Go on, you know you want to...... :D
Although yours will probably clean up a treat with some Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care on them.
Too late Andrew...I have already put the wheels in motion to buying new ones hopefully from Martin but if not then these ebay ones.... :D

BUT I when I remove the old ones I will try to restore them with some Halfords Flexible Vinyl Paint Black, and if they turn out good I will give them to someone here for free..........

I would try that Autoglym stuff if I had some lying around...I got LOADS of Halfords Flexible Vinyl Paint though... :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:I got LOADS of Halfords Flexible Vinyl Paint though... :lol:
Hi Nick,
Your cat should consider itself lucky it hasn't been painted with this stuff yet......... :D

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Your cat should consider itself lucky it hasn't been painted with this stuff yet......... :D
Ermmmm.....might be a bit late Andrew....

Before...
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/cre ... 1226081636

After....
https://static-secure.guim.co.uk/sys-im ... er-011.jpg
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

Great pics. I forgot to mention that as I was driving the Saab back and turning off the M3 for A31 Alton services I had the roof down and I heard a lovely exhaust note, turned around for a millisecond to see a Capri, I don't know if it was John or Nick, sounded lovely regardless!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Have you been hard at work adjusting that rubber bump stop yet, or are you not going to bother? It didn't look too badly adjusted, but then you do like things to be just so.
Hi Andrew,

Mate I managed to stay awake this afternoon after getting home from my 4am start at work :sleepy: so I popped down to B112 AAT to sort the passenger side bonnet stop. The "adjuster nut" was pretty seized onto the threaded shaft that the stop fits onto but I managed after lots of WD40 to twist it up as high as it would go therefore seating the stop much lower than it was. It is pretty much identical to the drivers side now so when I shut the bonnet the passenger side looks much closer to being flush than before so I am very happy. Here's a couple of pics...

The bonnet stop in question, now sitting much lower than it was before....
Image20160504_153131 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

As said, the passenger side front end of the bonnet now sits down much better alongside the wing when shut... nowhere near as high as before
Image20160504_153246 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Comparing the above one to the drivers side (below) they both now sit pretty much identically...
Image20160504_153251 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

So job done...and the bonnet spring that John helped reposition and adjust on Sunday at Beaulieu is spot on too. There definitely was far too much tension on the spring and it was off centre. No wonder it only needed me to barely touch the release lever for it to pop up !

All the best Andrew and that's for the heads up on this bonnet stop you noticed at Beaulieu. Between yourself and John my bonnet now shuts and looks better. Nice one !

Nick

PS. I have just noticed that chip of paint on the headlight access cover.... :banghead: one job creates another :lol: :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
Great work, the bonnet looks much more in alignment than it was before.
Now you just need the new rubber stops and the job's a good 'un! :D

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Great work, the bonnet looks much more in alignment than it was before.
Cheers Andrew :)

Yep new bonnet stops will finish it off nicely now.

All the best mate

Nick