9th Ace Cafe Capri meet 2015

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: 9th Ace Cafe Capri meet 2015

Post by sheff »

2litreScapri wrote:I will post up my pics later, love the tunnel video, I keep meaning to sort one out myself there! Thank you to all who attended, great day, now 10 years at the Ace is underway.
Hi Kris,
You can put my name down for next year...... Hopefully the M3 roadworks will be sorted by then! However I might do the A3 there and back :D

All the best
Neil
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Hi Neil,
Great Pics again and great Tunnel Action :lol: :applaud:

Glad you had a great day :D

Andrew the 'Metal Guru' :xd: Hang on wasn't there a song about that? :lol: :lol:

ATB

Andy
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

andyd wrote:Hi Neil,
Great Pics again and great Tunnel Action :lol: :applaud:

Glad you had a great day :D

Andrew the 'Metal Guru' :xd: Hang on wasn't there a song about that? :lol: :lol:

ATB

Andy
Hi Andy,
Glad you enjoyed the photo's and video. Yeah I had a great day thanks. It gave the Capri a good run also, which seemed to do it some good. Unfortunately its not had much use of late, but I intend to get out and about more before the end of the Summer.
I do prefer these small meets. Have a good drive out, take a few photo's have a catchup and then a nice drive home :D And all its cost you is half a tank of fuel and a few quid for a bite to eat and a cuppa.

All the best
Neil
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote:I do prefer these small meets. Have a good drive out, take a few photo's have a catchup and then a nice drive home :D
Hi Neil,
I agree about the smaller meets being more enjoyable. Who wants to spend an hour so queueing to get in somewhere at the start of the day and an hour queueing to leave at the end of it?

All the best,
Andrew.
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Who wants to spend an hour so queueing to get in somewhere at the start of the day and an hour queueing to leave at the end of it?

All the best,
Andrew.
Not me that's for certain!
However Simply Ford is a big show and apart from a small que at the start, its not as bad as some of the other Ford shows that Nick goes to.

All the best
Neil
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Andrew the 'Metal Guru' :xd:
I think I preferred it when I was just a nerd. Less pressure...
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi All,

I thought I'd just add a couple more pic's of this day.... Some Late attendees..... so here goes with the opposite of thatguys (You did get me Hook Line & Sinker there by the way, I've just ordered my copy of the Angling Times.... :shock: ) Cappa, this ones been Raises up a bit and no wonder looking at the size of the Wheels.....
Image20150801_135754 by John Taylor, on Flickr

Image20150801_135815 by John Taylor, on Flickr

Then the One in question under the Bonnet from Focus Fair, I missed the Engine but the Dyno Print off in the Windscreen showed well over 400BHP out of the Cossie Set Up, but I did notice these really well done 'Louvres' in the Bonnet....

Image20150801_140322 by John Taylor, on Flickr

Then I spotted this one just hiding down the road a little way.... Again, I forgot to get a shot under the Bonnet, but this was a Very Tidy Rover V8 Conversion, a Waste of time I hear some of you Cry, but when he pulled away, it all made perfect Sense to me, what a Rumble!!!
Image20150801_133450 by John Taylor, on Flickr
Image20150801_133525 by John Taylor, on Flickr

Then this pulled up, I couldn't quite see the Driver and found out why, Kris introduced me to this Lovely Little old Lady, who has owned this from NEW, it's had 2 New Wings, original Ford..... 1 Shipped in from Europe specially for her. this was a real treat to see, she had her engineer ride Shotgun as a bit unsure of London Traffic.... Win's my vote...
Image20150801_141014 by John Taylor, on Flickr
Image20150801_140945 by John Taylor, on Flickr

Then finally from me, this one which Nick recognized from Simply Ford.
Image20150801_134339 by John Taylor, on Flickr

And Nick, here's an Under the Bonnet shot for you..... I see a competition here!!!!
Image20150801_134348 by John Taylor, on Flickr

Well, that's it for the late additions, hope you enjoy them as much as I did taking them, all the very best all,

John...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi John,
Thanks for uploading these extra photos.
What a lovely, clean and genuine silver Laser that is. One of the benefits of having one owner from new, I suppose. Most of us would kill to be lucky enough to own a Capri like that.

That red Mk1 with the V8 is the perfect little sleeper. There's nothing at all on the outside hinting at the power lurking under the bonnet. I bet it's shocked many a boy racer in the traffic light grand prix.

As always, your car looks fantastic (that is yours sneaking into the background of the second photo isn't it?).

All the best,
Andrew.
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

Yes Mags is one of our Surrey Capri club members & one of the best characters. The Laser is a testament to how well it's looked after and it does get used regularly, even to this day, but so low miles. She enjoyed the day, as we all did.

I did enjoy having a slightly more relaxed time this year, so much to normally do. Only downside was the cars doing burnouts. Ace Café is under enough scrutiny as it is & I shall be having words with the people responsible. Everybody else was well behaved, and so great to get some of you guys down. Even ThatGuy turned up (with the wrong car I might add :D )

So my pics of the day, mostly chatting to people, so everybody's else's pics tell a better story, but here they are:

Sporting my old wheels borrowed just to pass the MOT that very morning, I actually prefer this car on them!
Taking my racecar pose (which if I really want to take up an MSA race license will have to improve)
Said owner thinking he's it!

All in all a great day. 10 years at the Ace next year so plans are underway!
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

2litreScapri wrote:Yes Mags is one of our Surrey Capri club members & one of the best characters. The Laser is a testament to how well it's looked after and it does get used regularly, even to this day, but so low miles. She enjoyed the day, as we all did.
Gutted I was hoping to meet up with MK3 Mags at one of the meets this year :( She seems a very friendly Capri enthusiast on the Ford Capri Mania 3000 forum.

Neil
Last edited by sheff on Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Taff40ish wrote:I thought I'd just add a couple more pic's of this day....

this one which Nick recognized from Simply Ford.
Image20150801_134339 by John Taylor, on Flickr

And Nick, here's an Under the Bonnet shot for you..... I see a competition here!!!!
Image20150801_134348 by John Taylor, on Flickr
Hi John,

Bugger ! I wish I had got the owner to "pop the bonnet" at Simply Ford now. Can't believe I was standing right next to it with this simply stunning engine compartment hiding underneath....WOW ! Don't think mine would be competition for this one John, its beautiful :D

But as I was saying to you at Ford Fair, the battery and windscreen wash bottle are mounted on opposite sides to mine and indeed most Lasers that I seen. Maybe someone could shed some light on this...I know that engine compartments may differ for left and right hand drives but from memory this was a right hand drive. Just interested to know why its opposite to mine ?

Anyway John, super photos mate. My favourite is the Ford Capri :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

2litreScapri wrote:Yes Mags is one of our Surrey Capri club members & one of the best characters. The Laser is a testament to how well it's looked after and it does get used regularly, even to this day, but so low miles. She enjoyed the day, as we all did.

I did enjoy having a slightly more relaxed time this year, so much to normally do. Only downside was the cars doing burnouts. Ace Café is under enough scrutiny as it is & I shall be having words with the people responsible. Everybody else was well behaved, and so great to get some of you guys down. Even ThatGuy turned up (with the wrong car I might add :D )

So my pics of the day, mostly chatting to people, so everybody's else's pics tell a better story, but here they are:
Hi Kris,

Mags sounds a wonderful person. Hope to bump into her some time. And what a Capri she owns...stunning ! As were ALL the Capris. What a range to drool over. Glad to see yours looking very proud sitting in The Ace Car Park...nice one mate !

Those two blue Capri's both look gorgeous. I am not a massive fan of spots myself but the ones on that blue one do work so well indeed !

All the forum Capri's always look so stunning. We really have to try to get a "Forum" stand at one of the shows next year...what cracking Capri's (and members) we have here :applaud:

Thanks for posting up your pics too Kris. Love the "black and white" format...looks well cool. Anyway it was good that you could let your hair down and enjoy the show after the organising yourself and Calvin did fantastically once again, from what I heard and seen in the pics Mark, Neil. John and yourself posted. I was gutted to have missed this and the chance to meet up again with all you guys, especially Neil and Mark up from the south into the "smoke" :lol: ..... but try keeping me away from the 10th Ace Meet :D :D

All the best Kris

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:I know that engine compartments may differ for left and right hand drives but from memory this was a right hand drive.
Hi Nick,
Yes, it must be. The steering coupling is on the correct side for RHD.

All the best,
Andrew.
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:[

But as I was saying to you at Ford Fair, the battery and windscreen wash bottle are mounted on opposite sides to mine and indeed most Lasers that I seen. Maybe someone could shed some light on this...I know that engine compartments may differ for left and right hand drives but from memory this was a right hand drive. Just interested to know why its opposite to mine ?

Anyway John, super photos mate. My favourite is the Ford Capri :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best

Nick
This is just a guess Nick... But possibly Ford decided on later cars to standardise the body shells more across the range to simplify the manufacturing processes. The 2.8 had the battery on the offside as the Injection system is on the nearside it would have been easiest to adopt this on to the other models.

Your battery tray is the same side as a 3.0S. So if you were to re-shell a 3.0S, you could use an early Laser shell and add the reinforcements to the suspension and no one would know ;)

All the best
Neil
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

sheff wrote:This is just a guess Nick... But possibly Ford decided on later cars to standardise the body shells more across the range to simplify the manufacturing processes. The 2.8 had the battery on the offside as the Injection system is on the nearside it would have been easiest to adopt this on to the other models.
Hi Neil.

Thanks for your reply fella.Makes a lot of sense what you say. As it's a "D" plate it could well be one of the last Laser's off the production using as you say a 2.8 shell set up. Hmm. ....I wonder
sheff wrote:Your battery tray is the same side as a 3.0S. So if you were to re-shell a 3.0S, you could use an early Laser shell and add the reinforcements to the suspension and no one would know ;)
:D :D :D

All the best mate

Nick
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
sheff wrote:This is just a guess Nick... But possibly Ford decided on later cars to standardise the body shells more across the range to simplify the manufacturing processes. The 2.8 had the battery on the offside as the Injection system is on the nearside it would have been easiest to adopt this on to the other models.
Hi Neil.

Thanks for your reply fella.Makes a lot of sense what you say. As it's a "D" plate it could well be one of the last Laser's off the production using as you say a 2.8 shell set up. Hmm. ....I wonder
sheff wrote:Your battery tray is the same side as a 3.0S. So if you were to re-shell a 3.0S, you could use an early Laser shell and add the reinforcements to the suspension and no one would know ;)
:D :D :D

All the best mate

Nick
Alternatively...... If you needed to re-shell your Laser, you could find a tidy 3.0S shell and remove the reinforcement plates :?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote:This is just a guess Nick... But possibly Ford decided on later cars to standardise the body shells more across the range to simplify the manufacturing processes.
Hi Neil,
Good thinking, I bet that's correct. However, by 1986 it,s probably more a case of Ford were using up whatever bits they had left on the shelves to complete the final cars.

All the best,
Andrew.
2litreScapri

Post by 2litreScapri »

Mags is a great person Neil, a credit to owners and enthusiasm. We have said to her we need to find a skid pan so she can go properly sideways with her Capri!
2litreScapri

Post by 2litreScapri »

Thanks Nick, we do all we can :D
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

2litreScapri wrote:Mags is a great person Neil, a credit to owners and enthusiasm. We have said to her we need to find a skid pan so she can go properly sideways with her Capri!
Thruxton? http://www.thruxtonracing.co.uk/experie ... id-own-car See if you can organise a group discount :D Count me in!