Finally cracked photo bucket

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Hollyoak
Car(s): FORD CAPRI 2.8 SPECIAL
ROVER P6 3500s

Finally cracked photo bucket

Post by Hollyoak »

Hi, finally manage to post some photos, now I've done it I don't know why I struggled so much, easy when you know how, anyway I hope they meet with your approval,
Dave.

Last edited by Hollyoak on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Finally cracked photo bucket

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Dave,
Finally! :lol:
Seriously though, I'm glad that you've mastered Photobucket as the photos were definitely worth waiting for.
What an absolute stunner you have there. Faultless.

All the best,
Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Hi Dave,
As Andrew said that's a beauty :D .....Although it has one too many forward gears :lol:

Andy
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi again Dave,
Your car looks familiar from somewhere, did you buy it from a seller in Blackburn?

Andrew.
Hollyoak
ROVER P6 3500s

Post by Hollyoak »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi again Dave,
Your car looks familiar from somewhere, did you buy it from a seller in Blackburn?

Andrew.
Yes I did 2 years ago, it's had a lot of work done since then though,
Thanks for the comments, the photos don't do it justice really, much appreciated

Regards
Dave
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Dave,
Yes, I can remember the for sale advert, the car looked stunning in those photos too. From memory, it's really low mileage isn't it? Por15'd from new, never driven in the rain, a well looked after car.

The car is definitely in good hands with you. I seem to recall the seller saying in the advert that he would only sell the car to somebody who he deemed suitable. Obviously, he must have approved of you!

I hope that you do go to CCI next year, as I would like to meet you and see the car in person.

All the best,
Andrew.
Hollyoak
ROVER P6 3500s

Post by Hollyoak »

Andrew, yes it's low mileage and been really well looked after, I wasn't happy with the paint work so I had it re painted, everything off, glass out and bare metal In vulnerable areas,everyone thought I was nuts as they didn't see anything wrong with it, the other work in truth didn't need doing but I just wanted to update things like brakes and suspension, but I guess you know the feeling,
I do intend making the effort next year, it's not really my thing but it would be nice to meet some of the guys on here,

Regards

Dave.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

It's a stunner mate, looks like brand new & definitely worth the effort.
Enjoy,
Rob
adrian2.8i
Car(s): 1983 capri 2.8i

Post by adrian2.8i »

stunning looking car ;)
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

Your car looks absolutely perfect, possibly one of the best I've seen! What upgrades did you do to the brakes? I was thinking about upgrading mine, but can't make up my mind on the best setup.

All the best
Neil
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Dave,

Absolutely beautiful 2.8i mate. As already says its completely stunning. Love the colour too. What a head turner :D

Wow, are we glad you finally managed to get your head around Photobucket to be able to show us these wonderful pics, but Dave don't get too complacent with Photobucket mate...it has a knack of biting you on your heels just when you think you have full control of it... :lol: :lol:

Nice one fella.Thanks for the pics

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd

Post by andyd »

Hollyoak wrote: I wasn't happy with the paint work so I had it re painted, everything off, glass out and bare metal In vulnerable areas,everyone thought I was nuts as they didn't see anything wrong with it

Regards

Dave.
Dave that's a great paint job, if I could guarantee a finish like that I wouldn't think twice about it when needed :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

andyd wrote:Dave that's a great paint job, if I could guarantee a finish like that I wouldn't think twice about it when needed :D
I agree with Andy. It does look superb and I would not hesitate to get a respray myself, even though people say it looks ok. Somewhere down the line, at some stage in the distant future I will... especially after now seeing Daves 2.8i in these pics, and also seeing Tobys recently sprayed Laser in the flesh ! Lovely ! When the sun shines on mine it does highlight the swirls and blemishes but hey it looks great from six feet away, so I try to stand in the way of anyone getting too close to it :lol: :lol: :lol:

But for now a respray is nowhere near top of my to do list...and now Mrs Fordoholic Nick wants us to buy a caravan down in Kent I think I had better put this one on hold for the moment. Autoglym will do for now...:D

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Hollyoak
ROVER P6 3500s

Post by Hollyoak »

sheff wrote: What upgrades did you do to the brakes? I was thinking about upgrading mine, but can't make up my mind on the best setup.

All the best
Neil
Hi Neil, I fitted a Hi Spec kit from Tickover with 285mm drilled discs and blue calipers, you need the larger bore master cylinder also from Tickover i believe its a mk2 Granada one it just fits straight onto the 2.8, the kits simple to fit and comes with good instructions, the brakes are now much improved in fact it now stops when i want it to,
if you do go that route you need the bigger cylinder, i tried it without first and its definatly needed,
if you speak to Clive at Tickover hes very helpfull,

Regards

Dave
Hollyoak
ROVER P6 3500s

Post by Hollyoak »

Dave.[/quote]

Dave that's a great paint job, if I could guarantee a finish like that I wouldn't think twice about it when needed :D[/quote]

Hi Andy, Thanks for the comments, I had it painted by Graham at Retford Autofinishers, take a look at his web site theres a car on there he did for Chris Evans and pictures of him and his son delivering it,

http://www.autofinishers.co.uk/
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hollyoak wrote:it's not really my thing but it would be nice to meet some of the guys on here
Hi Dave,
Don't you exhibit the car at classic cars shows then? If it was mine, I'd want as many people to see me in it as possible! :)

I've just been through the photos again. I just can't stop looking at them as your car is so beautiful in every way!

All the best,
Andrew.
Hollyoak
ROVER P6 3500s

Post by Hollyoak »

Error
Last edited by Hollyoak on Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the Link :D
He does some great work which is how it should be IMO.....It should be a joy picking up a restored car not a dread :doh:

Shame he is so far away :lol: Always the way though although I think there are some good Guys local to me it's just taking the chance.

Andy
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hollyoak wrote: Have you looked at the Chris Evans car ??
Hi Dave,
The quality of the paint looks excellent. I seem to recall that Chris Evans has a thing for white Ferraris. They do look distinctive and striking in white, but I think I prefer them in classic red.
Still, it's a good thing that the man who did your paint has worked on such high value cars. I'm sure that he considers working on a Capri as the Zenith of his career! :)

All the best,
Andrew.
Hollyoak
ROVER P6 3500s

Post by Hollyoak »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Hollyoak wrote: Have you looked at the Chris Evans car ??
Hi Dave,
The quality of the paint looks excellent. I seem to recall that Chris Evans has a thing for white Ferraris. They do look distinctive and striking in white, but I think I prefer them in classic red.
Still, it's a good thing that the man who did your paint has worked on such high value cars. I'm sure that he considers working on a Capri as the Zenith of his career! :)

All the best,
Andrew.
Andrew, youre right he likes his Ferraris white, nothing wrong with white but i wouldnt insist on them all being white, when you think Ferrari its got be red,
Graham always has Ferraris and top end cars in a dealer sends them to him in a covered trailer, but he does anything the only downside is youve got to be prepared to wait, mine went on a bit too long but worth the wait

Regards

Dave.