Brooklands 2014

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Brooklands 2014

Post by Peter-S »

ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Brooklands 2014

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Peter,
Stunning photos, thanks for uploading them. You've really captured the flavour of an amazing experience.
I can't match the quality of your photos, so I've just added pictures of a few of my highlights.

The condition of this car was to die for. Immaculate is an often overused word, but the word does not do this car justice!

Incredible paint job.

A famous car, but it's the first time I've ever seen it in the flesh.

Unusual colour for a Tickford.

Yes please!

The Belgians had some stunners.

Neil's car. Fantastic condition.

It was great to see a good turnout of well-presented Mk2s.

How low can you go? Not much lower than this I would have thought, but it's not low enough for ThatGuy!

It wouldn't be Brooklands without a shot of the remaining part of the old banking. If you've only ever seen this in photos, you would not believe how steeply cambered it is.

Last, but definitely not least. Our convoy!

Hope you enjoy the photos,
Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Lovely pics guys hopefully mine will be at the 50th Anniversary :D

I have seen B204YUH on Youtube leaving another event and B581OLE wasn't that the 19k miler one for sale around Bournemouth? Was tempted with that one myself at the time but fought the temptation :cry:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:I have seen B204YUH on Youtube leaving another event :
Hi,
B204YUH has probably changed hands since then, as it is owned by Phil from Weston-Super-Mare.
andyd wrote: B581OLE wasn't that the 19k miler one for sale around Bournemouth? Was tempted with that one myself at the time but fought the temptation :cry:
You passed up an amazing car if it was the same car. It's owned by John (taff40ish). I know it was low mileage when he bought it, I'm not sure where from though.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

[quote][/quote]You passed up an amazing car if it was the same car. It's owned by John (taff40ish). I know it was low mileage when he bought it, I'm not sure where from though

Had too many cars at the time justify it, but I now have just one nice 2.8i so not too bothered,
at least it went to a good home.

A few of those cars seem familiar for whatever reason (You tube??). I think the Orange 3.0s may have been at the NEC Car Show last year? I am going again this year so will keep an eye out if it's there again
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

peers.dupp wrote:Hi Peter,
Stunning photos, thanks for uploading them. You've really captured the flavour of an amazing experience.
Cheers Andrew :)
Nowt wrong with your shots, I think we must have a good percentage of cars between us!
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi chaps,

Hope you don't mind but I just thought I would post up a few pics of my day out at Brooklands. Tried not to duplicate any of the fantastic ones already posted here by Peter and Andrew (and Kris too, over on the other 45th thread) Have really enjoyed looking through their pics...quite a few times now :)

day began at south mimms 8am. met with john here before our 2nd meet place with Andrew and others...see link... (http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/ ... bc036a.jpg)

more capris at south mimms before we left...great stuff

and onto Brooklands itself...

fantastic

nice looking pipes

each and every one...superb

don't they make a stunning couple

great colour and beautiful condition throughout

don't the exhausts look so right

really like the bumperless look on this

check out the boot badge

sublime Tickford in famous White...gotta love it

caught it with the bonnet up...wow !

takes the saying "nice clean lines" to a completely different level...

wonderful RS in all its glory

another mention for Andrews wonderful 2.8i

was a joy to be parked up next to him

...and John too with his gorgeous 2.8i too, love the colour...

really great interior in Johns 2.8i

sorry but I am a bus driver...what did you expect lol

what a fantastic horn !!

shame this superb iconic and majestic piece of aviation history is resigned to a museum piece

and finally I made it home, and with not one drop of rain to touch my Laser LOL

Hope you like the pics :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Nick,
Thanks for posting these extra photos, they're really great. I wish I was at South Mimms when that Capri convoy pulled in. I bet you and John couldn't believe your eyes! Although I'm surprised that they didn't seem to have drawn much of a crowd, judging by your photo.

The two lacquer red "twins" look stunning. I noticed that everyone had to put their sunglasses on when they approached your car, because they were dazzled by the gleam coming from your engine compartment! It's a shame that blue car parked next to yours at Brooklands lowered the standard.........
Thanks for your kind words about my car. It's pleasing to have the approval of a fellow enthusiast. A Fordoholic one at that!

The Brooklands museum looks good. I didn't visit it, as I didn't realise we were given a ticket for it until I got home. :doh:

All the best,
Andrew.
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi all,

Great Pic’s of a Great day out Andy & PeterS. Strange how it already seems like ages ago… Already bring back the memories…

Cheers for the Pre-Convoy Photo, I don’t mind admitting I was as Nervous as Hell leading this, but wish I’d got a photo through the rear window thinking back… Probably won’t happen again???

Andyd, your right on the money there fella, I am the proud owner, currently of B581, yes, this was the low Mileage (19K’er) for sale at the start of 2013 in Ringwood, it was at the Ford Main Dealer there, Keith Motors, I saw this just at the right time in my life (It was also the same colour and Reg Letter as my last Capri from Years ago.) and once I got down there and saw it, my mate who gave me a lift said if I didn’t buy it, he would, as it was as they advertised it, so it would have been rude not to get it…. Had it on the ramps n everything checking it through, mind, it’s not so low-a-mileage now, 32K and still counting, Plus a Bust LSD now to boot, but still loving it…

Nick, some more fantastic Pic’s there (Just caught the Timmy Taylor's Landlord Beer Towel Dash cover..) again and thanks for the great words on mine and you made it home in one piece…. Andrew, your car too was amazing, don’t dwell on someone’s opinion, it is after all, only their opinion, I didn’t dare keep my bonnet up next to you N Nick and I thought mine was clean till then… I even kept it parked the wrong way round to hide away all the stone chips etc... Happy days everyone, cheers for the Pic’s, all the very best,

John…
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Taff40ish wrote:Cheers for the Pre-Convoy Photo, I don’t mind admitting I was as Nervous as Hell leading this, but wish I’d got a photo through the rear window thinking back… Probably won’t happen again???
John,
Perhaps for the 50th at Brooklands? I thought you did a good job leading the convoy.
It's not as easy as it appears at first, because passing cars in the middle lane often slow down to have a look at the Capris when they are alongside them. Of course, that means when the lead car has to overtake a slower vehicle the other convoy cars have to drop back.
It was great following the two lacquer red cars, as the colour really did seem to stand out from the crowd. It was my first Capri convoy but hopefully not the last.
Taff40ish wrote:I am the proud owner, currently of B581, yes, this was the low Mileage (19K’er) for sale at the start of 2013 in Ringwood, it was at the Ford Main Dealer there, Keith Motors,…

You car is ringing bells now (not alarm bells, fortunately!) I seem to remember this car advertised on Auto Trader online at the start of '13. Owned by some old boy from new, if I remember rightly and it is the same car (there aren't that many Capris for sale on Ford main dealers' forecourts after all!). Good on him for keeping the car in such good condition all those years.
Taff40ish wrote:I even kept it parked the wrong way round to hide away all the stone chips etc
There's not a single blemish on your car, and there's nothing going on under your bonnet that some of your 25 year old Turtle Wax won't fix!

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

peers.dupp wrote:It's not as easy as it appears at first, because passing cars in the middle lane often slow down to have a look at the Capris when they are alongside them.
Yes Andrew, I totally agree.

It was not as easy as I thought either mate. I had cars pull in right in front of me so as to sit behind Johns capri to have a good look...I tried to "shoo" them out of the way, but suppose I should have used the now forum famous "Andrew's Fingers" :lol:

But seriously though I think we all did grand to keep our six capri convoy as close as we did. Well done to us all and to our great leader John.
peers.dupp wrote:It was great following the two lacquer red cars, as the colour really did seem to stand out from the crowd.
I have to say that I think I had the best "seat" in the convoy. I had Johns smashing 2.8i to follow and everytime time I looked in my rear view mirrors I had this great paris blue 2.8i to look at...and two more behind you too ... Think I had a constant smile on my face.

Fond memories

All the best

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Taff40ish wrote:Probably won’t happen again???
Oh...don't say that John... :crying: :crying: :crying:

I was thinking the opposite in fact mate. Cant wait for the next one ! I gonna make more shows next year for certain so hopefully us chaps can convoy again before the 50th ! No holding me back now fella, you cant shake me off that easily :lol: :lol:
Taff40ish wrote:I am the proud owner, currently of B581, yes, this was the low Mileage (19K’er) for sale at the start of 2013 in Ringwood, it was at the Ford Main Dealer there, Keith Motors,
Still cant believe what a superb find this was John. I mean 19k on the clock, and sitting on a Ford Main Dealers Forecourt too...can it get any better that.
Taff40ish wrote:it’s not so low-a-mileage now, 32K and still counting,
:lol: I think this is an indication of how many of those cracking classic car shows you attended fella. Keep up the good work ;)

Good luck with the LSD mate. Keep us updated.

All the best

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:but suppose I should have used the now forum famous "Andrew's Fingers" :lol: .
:lol: It's going to take a long time before I can live that down!
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Think I had a constant smile on my face.
Me Too! Loved every second of it.

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyd

Post by andyd »

I will be at Simply Ford Beaulieu May 3rd 2015 with the Devon Cornwall and Somerset XR Owners Club.
Convoy from Exeter Services if anyone wants to join us that would be good as I have the only Capri :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:I will be at Simply Ford Beaulieu May 3rd 2015 with the Devon Cornwall and Somerset XR Owners Club.
Convoy from Exeter Services if anyone wants to join us that would be good as I have the only Capri :D
Hi andyd,

That sounds fantastic. I would be up for that. John (taff40ish) was only just saying to us at Brooklands last sat how brilliant Simply Ford Show is so count me in for that convoy please... :)

Be great if you keep updates here nearer the time. Reckon we can get a few capris from this here forum...

All the best mate

Nick
andyd

Post by andyd »

Hi Nick,

Yeah that's fine even if we meet in the car park at the entrance we can all go in together and park in same area :D

Was a really good show this year and hot too, I had a look at a lot of Capris there that's prob what made me want another :woot:
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

Brilliant pics, captures the spirit of the day perfectly. I really wish I'd had the chance to have a proper look around and chat to you all. Needless to say, with the 50th, we will have more marshalls & more opportunity to talk to you all as we will be able to rotate marshalling duties.

Looking outside at the fog from my work's window, Saturday seems so long ago....
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

andyd wrote:Lovely pics guys hopefully mine will be at the 50th Anniversary :D

I have seen B204YUH on Youtube leaving another event and B581OLE wasn't that the 19k miler one for sale around Bournemouth? Was tempted with that one myself at the time but fought the temptation :cry:
B204YUH used to be owned by a Surrey Capri Club member who recently sold the car to a friend who sold it to it's current owner (I loved it but couldn't afford another one!) The videos in question are Rykas Cafe, Boxhill in Surrey where all the Old Skool Ford guys meet.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:I will be at Simply Ford Beaulieu May 3rd 2015 with the Devon Cornwall and Somerset XR Owners Club.
Hi,
As Nick mentioned in his post, John was telling us how good this show was this year. I might even be tempted to make the trek. I'll look forward to seeing some of you guys there.

Here's a thought. Perhaps when the show season starts, we could start a thread detailing shows that forum members are planning to attend. Then, if anyone else is also planning to go and is up for a convoy, arrangements could be made to rendezvous and convoy to the venue.
What does everyone else think? I'm quite keen on the idea personally because, as we've said in a previous post, a convoy is much more fun than arriving at a show on your own.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
For anyone who is interested in seeing shots of all the cars as they arrived, I've just noticed that the photography company responsible have put the photos online.

http://www.photography-uk.com/capri45.aspx

All the photos have got watermarks on, but they still give you a taster of the cars as they arrived.

Andrew.