Brooklands 8.9.19

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Brooksy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:16 am

D366Y wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:24 am
Brooksy wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am
the father and son with the modified Laser and 2.0GL auto. So much to take in on the day and I'm rubbish at remembering names , sorry).
I'm guessing this is me and my old man!
Great to meet you Nige, got to be honest - I'm equally as dreadful with names, just glad everyone else kept reminding me! :lol:

Cheers
Danny
Hi Danny, yes it was you and thanks. Great cars BTW. Hope you enjoyed the day. No doubt see you at another event. :wave:
Nige Image

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Brooksy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:24 am

Some of the pics I took.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Nige Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6441
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by andyd » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 am

Who owns the black rat look that we had to push off the road due to throttle cable issue? And who owns the white 3.0S that also helped?

Hope all is ok now, sorry didn't get your names on the day.

:cheers:

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4625
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:01 pm

D366Y wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:00 am
I didn't realise my laser was modified.... :lol: :D
:o :o :shock: :lol:

Here you go Danny. Some really nice pics of your two from fb fella.

Imagefallout facts

Here's your 'standard' laser :lol:

Image

Those wheels are sooooooo cool mate :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6441
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by andyd » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 pm

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:01 pm


Image

Those wheels are sooooooo cool mate :)
:agree: But Danny is also a sucker for the Pepperpots :D

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4625
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:07 pm

A couple more really nice pics a chap from fb took...

John's stunning as ever 2.ii Special

Imagefree pictures upload

A couple of stunning shots of Tom's beautiful Corsican Blue 1.6L

Image

Image

An amazing shot of Jason's Laser on the famous Brooklands Banking

Image

I was so busy chatting to lots of good folk that I completely missed this. I really wanted to see it in the flesh on the new wheels. Seen it on the originals but these look sooooooo cool

Image

The best traffic queue to be in :)

Image

Imagefallout vault 3

If I find any more I will add. Cheers now all :wave:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6441
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by andyd » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:18 pm

There is some footage of Test Hill on Facebook, but I cant copy it to here without going through FB.

Hopefully it will appear on Youtube for anyone that didn't see it. Still have rubber in my teeth now :lol:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12538
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:22 pm

andyd wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 am
Who owns the black rat look that we had to push off the road due to throttle cable issue? And who owns the white 3.0S that also helped?
The white 3.0 S was a chap called Jeff, I think.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6441
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by andyd » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:27 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:22 pm
andyd wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 am
Who owns the black rat look that we had to push off the road due to throttle cable issue? And who owns the white 3.0S that also helped?
The white 3.0 S was a chap called Jeff, I think.

Andrew.
Are either on here Andrew ?

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12538
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:57 pm

andyd wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:27 pm
Are either on here Andrew ?
I believe the 3.0 S owner is "Wideboy" and also "oldfords" .
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3283
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6783

I didn't recognise the black car as being from this forum.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6441
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by andyd » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:13 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:57 pm
andyd wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:27 pm
Are either on here Andrew ?
I believe the 3.0 S owner is "Wideboy" and also "oldfords" .
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3283
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6783

I didn't recognise the black car as being from this forum.

Andrew.
They met us at Sainsburys so assumed they were both forum members :?

Wideboy
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:22 pm
Car(s): 1978 3.0 Ghia made to look like an "S"

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Wideboy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi Andy...The Black Rat was my sons and I'm the White 3.0..Thanks for your help...Whilst I popped off to Halfords to get a bike brake cable and a connecting block to do a temp fix.He suffered some abuse from the David Lloyd members who took um-bridge that some commoner oik had had the audacity to breakdown on their Club entrance and made it difficult to drive their massive 4x4's and ego's past him to get to the Sunday Morning pilates session :lol: ..Hey Ho Never Mind We were soon over it..Before I got back a Top Bloke (His wife was the 1.3 Capri Race Control liveried car which done the test hill) pulled over with a recovery vehicle and offered to pick him up and take him into Brooklands. By the time I got back with the bits I followed them in and he offloaded him up by the the Test Track..10 mins later the car was up and running...Thanks for all those who help :applaud:
Have got a couple of piccies but having a mare uploading them
Image
Last edited by Wideboy on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6441
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by andyd » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:20 pm

Wideboy wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:15 pm
Hi Andy...The Black Rat was my sons and I'm the White 3.0..Thanks for your help...Whilst I popped off to Halfords to get a bike brake cable and a connecting block to do a temp fix.He suffered some abuse from the David Lloyd members who took um-bridge that some commoner oik had had the audacity to breakdown on their Club entrance and made it difficult to drive their massive 4x4's and ego's past him to get to the Sunday Morning pilates session :lol: ..Hey Ho Never Mind We were soon over it..Before I got back a Top Bloke (His wife was the 1.3 Capri Race Control liveried car which done the test hill) pulled over with a recovery vehicle and offered to pick him up and take him into Brooklands. By the time I got back with the bits I followed them in and he offloaded him up by the the Test Track..10 mins later the car was up and running...Thanks for all those who help :applaud:
Image
Ah ok :wave:
I helped push 2 other Capris after your sons car :lol:

Glad you got it sorted and yes I saw that 1.3 do test hill.

As for the David Lloyd snobs :crying: They might need help one day!!

The day went far too quickly to catch up with everyone and look at their cars :(

:cheers:

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Brooksy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:37 pm

Wideboy wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:15 pm
Hi Andy...The Black Rat was my sons and I'm the White 3.0..Thanks for your help...Whilst I popped off to Halfords to get a bike brake cable and a connecting block to do a temp fix.He suffered some abuse from the David Lloyd members who took um-bridge that some commoner oik had had the audacity to breakdown on their Club entrance and made it difficult to drive their massive 4x4's and ego's past him to get to the Sunday Morning pilates session :lol: ..Hey Ho Never Mind We were soon over it..Before I got back a Top Bloke (His wife was the 1.3 Capri Race Control liveried car which done the test hill) pulled over with a recovery vehicle and offered to pick him up and take him into Brooklands. By the time I got back with the bits I followed them in and he offloaded him up by the the Test Track..10 mins later the car was up and running...Thanks for all those who help :applaud:
Have got a couple of piccies but having a mare uploading them
Image
Sorry to hear your son recieved abuse from the David Lloyd members but glad to hear about the assistance recieved from the recovery truck/fellow Capri enthusiast.

As for the pathetic idiots in their ostentatious 4x4s, one can hope that what goes around, comes around.

I was in the Laser following when Andy and I jumped out and assisted with the push of your son's Capri.

Hope you enjoyed the event and good to hear that the earlier malfunction didn't spoil yours or son's day.
Nige Image

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4625
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:50 pm

Guys here's a pic of Jeff's son capri at Sounth Mimms before we set off on our convoy. I love it !! Proper muscle car look :D

Image

And this is what lies beneath :)

Image

Sounds absolutely amazing too. Glad it was all sorted Jeff. Some really kind people who stopped to help and go out of their way. Brilliant. Hope to see you again soon Jeff.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Brooksy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:50 pm
Guys here's a pic of Jeff's son capri at Sounth Mimms before we set off on our convoy. I love it !! Proper muscle car look :D

Image

And this is what lies beneath :)

Image

Sounds absolutely amazing too. Glad it was all sorted Jeff. Some really kind people who stopped to help and go out of their way. Brilliant. Hope to see you again soon Jeff.
:cool:
Nige Image

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4625
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:33 pm

Brooksy wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:55 pm
:cool:
:agree: :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2920
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Jasonmarie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Glad it’s all sorted sounds like a few broke down but the same thing happened at Dunton where capris where broken down . Was quite posh around Brooklands I bet the little what knobs where up set with us on there roads . Think we should have a meet up at this David van dyke club ......
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Brooksy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:49 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:34 pm
Glad it’s all sorted sounds like a few broke down but the same thing happened at Dunton where capris where broken down . Was quite posh around Brooklands I bet the little what knobs where up set with us on there roads . Think we should have a meet up at this David van dyke club ......

:lol: By the way, does anyone know what David Van Day is doing now? Didn't see his burger van at either 50th event :sorry: :lol:
Nige Image

Wideboy
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:22 pm
Car(s): 1978 3.0 Ghia made to look like an "S"

Re: Brooklands 8.9.19

Post by Wideboy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:59 pm

Haven't mastered piccy upload but managed some thumbnails

Nice Covered Recovery Box
Image

Top Bloke loading it up to take it to Brooklands
Image

Getting off loaded by the Banked circuit
Image

Post Reply