Paignton Car Show 2017 & Other Misc....

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017

Postby andyd » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:08 am

Adding to my previous post food prices http://www.devonlive.com/south-west-ser ... story.html
Surely it's easier to take your own food if traveling long distances, and fill the car up before you start your journey :?:
If this isn't obvious you deserve to be ripped off imo......

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 10749
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:33 pm

andyd wrote:Surely it's easier to take your own food if traveling long distances, and fill the car up before you start your journey

Hi Andy,
Looks like we won't be buying anything at Gordano when we meet up before QS (weather permitting).......
In my opinion one of the biggest rip-offs ever is bottled water.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017

Postby andyd » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Surely it's easier to take your own food if traveling long distances, and fill the car up before you start your journey

Hi Andy,
Looks like we won't be buying anything at Gordano when we meet up before QS (weather permitting).......
In my opinion one of the biggest rip-offs ever is bottled water.

Andrew.

:agree:
Turn on the tap at home, and this wet stuff comes out....Put it in a spare bottle (you probably already have) and it's fine to drink :)

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017

Postby andyd » Mon May 14, 2018 8:23 am


User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 10749
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon May 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi Andy,
It's nice to see that sign making an appearance again!
Three very nice cars there, by the way. 8-)

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017

Postby andyd » Mon May 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Andy,
It's nice to see that sign making an appearance again!
Three very nice cars there, by the way. 8-)

Andrew.

Oh yes the sign is never far away :)

Thanks, the cars were/are very popular with certain age groups :D

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017

Postby Caprifan Rob » Mon May 14, 2018 9:18 pm

Nice set of XR's Andy. Just watched the video, looked a great turn out, weather was fantastic too, always helps to bring out some great cars. Venue looked great too.
Glad to see the show season in full swing, went to one myself with my boys yesterday, next one next Sunday. Here's hoping the good weather continues :cheers:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017

Postby andyd » Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 am

Caprifan Rob wrote:Nice set of XR's Andy. Just watched the video, looked a great turn out, weather was fantastic too, always helps to bring out some great cars. Venue looked great too.
Glad to see the show season in full swing, went to one myself with my boys yesterday, next one next Sunday. Here's hoping the good weather continues :cheers:

Hi Rob,
As usual the only XR's there were ours, and only one Capri 1.6/2.0.

Yes a bit of sun makes all the difference :D

More pics http://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/204 ... c-car-show

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017

Postby andyd » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:59 pm

One from todays mostly wet show Image
No dog p*ss today, but I picked up a small mark on my rear NOS centre cap :swear: :swear: Typical :crying:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 10749
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017 & Other Misc....

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi Andy,
As always, your car looks superb. A pity about the weather in Devon today, but at least you could shelter under the XR gazebo.
What happened to the bit in your post about the DAFT XR owners? :headscratch:

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017 & Other Misc....

Postby Jasonmarie » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:59 pm

Looking good as normal Andy , not a mark on your new center caps OMG have you not got a good one from your old stock or do you think you could get the mark out .
Glad no dogs were out near your car today .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017 & Other Misc....

Postby andyd » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:57 am

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Andy,
As always, your car looks superb. A pity about the weather in Devon today, but at least you could shelter under the XR gazebo.
What happened to the bit in your post about the DAFT XR owners? :headscratch:

Andrew.

Took it down to check something and didn't get around to putting it back up last night :?
Our neighbours Dorset All Ford Types (Who didn't turn up)
Image
Says it all......
Last edited by andyd on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017 & Other Misc....

Postby andyd » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:04 am

Jasonmarie wrote:Looking good as normal Andy , not a mark on your new center caps OMG have you not got a good one from your old stock or do you think you could get the mark out .
Glad no dogs were out near your car today .

It's right in the middle of the decal :( Thought it was a spec of dirt until I rubbed it and realized it was a small tear in the vinyl, must have been a stone :? Worse case I will buy some repro decals and stick one on ..... Just annoying it happened that quickly :?

Dogs were around but it was so wet at times I wouldn't know what they were doing out there...Maybe the rain washed it off so I didn't notice :cheers:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017 & Other Misc....

Postby andyd » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:17 pm

Spent my weekend here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDaBgFJW8pc

Will add some XR pics soon :)

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017 & Other Misc....

Postby Caprifan Rob » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:27 pm

andyd wrote:Spent my weekend here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDaBgFJW8pc

Will add some XR pics soon :)

Now that's just cheating Andy, posting a link :lol:
Great video of a cracking show by the looks. (Good sound track too !). That's the sort of show I like, it's not just about the classics but some great modern sporting icons & super cars too.
Glad you enjoyed it, cheers for posting. :cheers:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017 & Other Misc....

Postby andyd » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:09 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:
andyd wrote:Spent my weekend here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDaBgFJW8pc

Will add some XR pics soon :)

Now that's just cheating Andy, posting a link :lol:
Great video of a cracking show by the looks. (Good sound track too !). That's the sort of show I like, it's not just about the classics but some great modern sporting icons & super cars too.
Glad you enjoyed it, cheers for posting. :cheers:

Hi Rob,
Around 2000 vehicles inc. Motorcycles, Steam/Traction Engines, Live Bands. so something for everyone..... Some of the XR South Wales branch come down for the weekend too :D
And all the better when the suns out :cheers:

Some of our stand;
Image
Image
Image
Image
Imagepicture hosting
Image

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017 & Other Misc....

Postby Caprifan Rob » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:39 pm

Good turnout of XRs fair play. Sierra looking good in the lineup :cheers:
That white Super Sport fiesta looks immaculate. I know the XR2 is a better driver but the sport looks better IMHO.
Cheers for adding these.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017 & Other Misc....

Postby andyd » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:52 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:Good turnout of XRs fair play. Sierra looking good in the lineup :cheers:
That white Super Sport fiesta looks immaculate. I know the XR2 is a better driver but the sport looks better IMHO.
Cheers for adding these.

Another angle of the Sport. It is pretty much concourse and gets far too much attention :lol:
Imageimage hosting 30 mb
Rare (XR3i with a boot) :)
Image
Recent restore
Image
Beautifully restored and done well over 100k miles, same owner since early/mid 70's
Image
Recent rebuild and valued at £35K :shock: £5k of that in spotlights I reckon :lol:
Image
Image

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017 & Other Misc....

Postby Caprifan Rob » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:01 pm

Loving that Super Sport :applaud: I had an Orion Ghia, owned it for years, loved it.
I'm well impressed with that mk2 Escort & also impressed that someone is willing to spend that sort of money on one :o . Must be dark down his way judging by the spot lights :D
Cheers for the extra pics :cheers:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Paignton Car Show 2017 & Other Misc....

Postby andyd » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:21 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:Loving that Super Sport :applaud:

Hopefully the Supersport will be at Haynes September 2nd, along with a few other XR's from the pics here :)


Return to “Gallery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests