I have new bits ......

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: I have new bits ......

Post by Jasonmarie »

So I took the Capri out today on a quick jobs down to my parents and I did add something else to the car .

Before you say " has he lost the plot " the answer is yes I have I don't like the dark lights so they are going back to clear headlight covers again .

But i do like my clear indicators....
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: has he lost the plot Image
Hi,
If you've lost the plot I must have as well.....
The dark headlight covers are very much an acquired taste. Personally, I quite like the look of them and I think they suit the retro vibe of the Capri. They look best on dark coloured cars, in my opinion.

It looks as though you've got great weather there. It actually hasn't stopped raining all day here. :(

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes the weather is nice but rain later tonight , It will rain down your way as the kids have just broken up , I agree the lights would look better with a dark car or even dark grill I think ? I also love the look but I don't think it looks good on my car ? It will be interesting to see what everybody thinks .
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Get them off as quick as poss.

I Like the foglights though, they look like the same ones (Ring manufacturer)I'm putting on my Laser. Love the indicators as well, may put some on my 3.0S when I get round to doing it!
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Paul G wrote:Get them off as quick as poss
:agree: Looks like someone has stolen your headlights. Clear indicators look great though :D
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi There,

I think this would look really great with the Black Grill & Bonnet Lip... I also feel it would set off the Clear Indicators better too??? (Which do already look Great by the way...) I recon this would really suit the colour of the Car.... Just my opinion though... It's Not my Cappa!!!!! Cheers,

John...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

It's funny how these little mods can make a car look good or bad in people's eyes I only used some 99p window tint from eBay as reading on here the club covers are for show use only ? But when I put them on I sat on a chair thinking I don't know if I like it or not , your right to say the black grill would help but i am not for the black grill .

So we are all for the clear indicators and yes they really lift the face of the car .

I have the covers in warm water now to go back to clear as one thing we all forgot , the main person in our life's lads , you know what I am going to say .

My wife said it looks like what you would have done when you was a mad 18 year old . So the final word is a no no from the boss .

Don't get me wrong I am in charge of the sky remote on a Monday night but what would we do with out them . :heart:
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Jasonmarie wrote: Don't get me wrong I am in charge of the sky remote on a Monday night
What! You get the whole night ;)
Jasonmarie wrote: My wife said it looks like what you would have done when you was a mad 18 year old .
Must confess, had them on mine when I was a mad 19 year old, in my defence, it was in the '80s :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Only after 8pm with the remote , so she could be right then on lights ?
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

So today I have been thinking of the radiator panel and what to do . I did do a add in the Capri magazine for the Dim-Dipped part and did get offers and I bought this .

So next is what will I do the good thing is I will have the original so I can put that back on if I do something I don't like . So if anybody remembers my first thought was to bling the rad up and I might go this way still .

so watch this space ..... :beer:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Just took out for a sun shine run .

Picture with all clear lenses

Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Jasonmarie wrote:Just took out for a sun shine run .

Picture with all clear lenses

Now thats looking very very smart nice indeed Jason. Your front end looks spot on. Love it ! Great job fella :D
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
That looks great!

Andrew.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Jasonmarie wrote:I did do a add in the Capri magazine for the Dim-Dipped part and did get offers
I noticed that ad. Glad it worked and you got sorted.
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:That looks great!
:agree: , see your wife was right, it looks far better than with those tinted covers on ;)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Cheers for all the comments yes it does give the Capri and new look and Iam happy with the front now .
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

So Today I did my order with Mirage as I have the Dim -Dipped bit I got from a Capri club member as I did a advert and it worked so I will keep my original as to put back if one I don't like what I have done and also if anybody thinks it looks stupid ( like my wife with the black out lights . So have sent the parcel to martin at Mirage and will await for his new Stainless steel replacement .
Pictures i sent as I still want to keep the four rivets that hold the Dim Dipped in place .

Will post up pictures when the new radiator panel arrives :beer:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

So martin from Mirage today phoned me about my radiator cover with my Dim-Dipped is being made up , but wait how quick is it for me to start saying well the fuse box might look nice with some bling and also the large fuse relay might look better with some bling also I might have some words on the radiator not just ford but go that extra was going for JasonMarie but then that no good to anybody then me if I don't like it so I went for Ford Capri also some nice stainless steel bolts to hold the Dim Dipped in place .
So yes I became a school boy in a sweet shop with a months pocket money and got a little carried away and did spend a little bit more then I thought I would go as I may not like what I have done :banghead:

So I will wait till all my bits come and leave it all down to you great lot that tell the truth when something looks stupid or yes that does look nice .
Yet again there is only one person on the forum to blame for this under the bonnet competition sorry obsession who I have been told that he even dust the fan belt everweek and has such a clean rocker cover that you can watch a full HD film on it and eat your dinner . And some people have reported that the shine is so strong the iss space station know when the bonnet of his Capri is open day or night .

So when all my bits come I will do a before and after picture .
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Jasonmarie wrote:got a little carried away and did spend a little bit more then I thought I would
:lol: Easly done Jason....easly done ! Looking forward to seeing your 'bling' :)
Jasonmarie wrote:So I will wait till all my bits come and leave it all down to you great lot that tell the truth when something looks stupid or yes that does look nice .
TBH Jason as long as you like it thats the important thing fella. Its your Capri mate. You will know yourself if it works but yep the opinions you will get here will be very honest and certainly helpful to you, albeit maybe varied as the 'originality police' ( :lol: ) might have something to say on your bling but I for love one seeing the little mods people do with their Capri's. As said as long as you really like it then go for it !!

Jason I hope your bits look as nice as you are probably picturing in your head. Its always great when it turns out like that. I had this with my quad light conversion as for a long time I wanted them done and now they are they are every bit as nice as I imagined...if not better :D

:goodluck: fella and look forward to seeibg your engine bay.. Your Capri really is a credit to you. It looks superb mate :D

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Cheers Nick I am with you really I like making the car myself and also think what would ford do just to bring the car up to date and them clear indicators lenses are a must my wife even said how much it lifted the car and made the car more up to date .
But like all of us we do our best to keep these cars on the road and it's not easy and you do think of that picture in your head to wonder how the car would look .
So when my new bits come I will be fitting as soon as the light shines to see if yes I do like that and I do hope so .

But the one thing we all get is that thumps up as your driving along or lights flashing shouting out love the car also on Sunday I had a chap in his 60s at the petrol station saying how many great memories he had of going on holiday with his wife and child and that his Capri was like a member of his family . I did laugh because he had a 2016 focus and he said that he has never like any car since his Capri .

Will post up pictures as soon as I have them fitted .

All the best

Jason