Saving the 2.0s

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
Green-Ghia
Car(s): 1979 Ford Capri MKIII 2.0 Ghia - Apollo Green

Re: Saving the 2.0s

Post by Green-Ghia »

Great looking S George, and a lovely Colour - not many Capris around in Glacier Blue these days :-) All the best with it, ill watch with interest.
1979 Ford Capri MKIII 2.0 Ghia - Apollo Green / Chocolate Brown Verona Trim
Capri&Corona
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0s, Glacia blue.

Post by Capri&Corona »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:Welcome mate. Car looks a great project and in a rare colour. Good luck with the resto, will be a nice car to save. :ford:
Thanks mate, yeh i love them in white but being a rare colour im keeping the glacia blue, as it was standard.
lets see what i can do with satin black! and the decals! 8-)
Capri&Corona

Post by Capri&Corona »

Freelanderfan wrote:Great looking Capri S & a nice colour. It's good that you plan to save it as there aren't many around, keep us up to date on your progress, owned one myself & loved it. :goodluck:
Thanks mate i appreciate the interest. Yeh loads of people being friends and family saying "why didnt you just buy a mint one"?

well the simple answers are that if it has previously been restored before, its not my car, its theirs, and if i save a car from dying, it always be more sentimental for me! One time next year ill sit down on a fold up chair next to the S somewhere drinking a fresh corona with lime... and maybe a packet of custard creams! :ford:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Capri&Corona wrote:One time next year ill sit down on a fold up chair next to the S somewhere drinking a fresh corona with lime... and maybe a packet of custard creams! :ford:
Living the dream :D Good luck mate, keep us posted.
Capri&Corona

Post by Capri&Corona »

Freelanderfan wrote:
Capri&Corona wrote:One time next year ill sit down on a fold up chair next to the S somewhere drinking a fresh corona with lime... and maybe a packet of custard creams! :ford:
Living the dream :D Good luck mate, keep us posted.
I dont ask for much!! :)
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

Custard creams with beer?...... No no no :doh:
Custard creams with tea... Now you're talking :woot:
Snack of choice with beer always has to be savoury, mini cheddars perhaps or maybe bombay mix if you're feeling extravagant.......
I'm a craft ale man myself but l am partial to a bottle of chilled import lager on a hot day :cheers:

(never with sweet snacks though..... Always savoury) never never never.....

:welcome: though, mate and look forward to seeing your progress.
Nice starting point for a project. :goodluck:
Capri&Corona

Post by Capri&Corona »

timfromull wrote:Custard creams with beer?...... No no no :doh:
Custard creams with tea... Now you're talking :woot:
Snack of choice with beer always has to be savoury, mini cheddars perhaps or maybe bombay mix if you're feeling extravagant.......
I'm a craft ale man myself but l am partial to a bottle of chilled import lager on a hot day :cheers:

(never with sweet snacks though..... Always savoury) never never never.....

:welcome: though, mate and look forward to seeing your progress.
Nice starting point for a project. :goodluck:
Haha thanks mate, see i love a good biscuit however i have to agree with you, my favourite combo with an adnams or a corona has got to be a bigger then average pork pie!!
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

Pork pie...... Now you are talking my language :agree:
Big dollop of ploughman's too..

Serious question though, how do chickens lay those long eggs that come in some? :headscratch:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

timfromull wrote:Serious question though, how do chickens lay those long eggs that come in some? :headscratch:
:lol:
Does the pig have to eat a chicken before it's sent to the abattoir?
Capri&Corona

Post by Capri&Corona »

There is only one thing stopping me from starting up the engine now before welding and that is fuel tank straps.. could anyone lead me to a supplier please, not bothered if they are not stainless, they just have to be rust free (new)!!!!

PLEASE HELP!! :ford:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Capri&Corona wrote:There is only one thing stopping me from starting up the engine now before welding and that is fuel tank straps.. could anyone lead me to a supplier please, not bothered if they are not stainless, they just have to be rust free (new)!!!!

Hi,
I'm not sure you'll be able to obtain new ones, but Martin at Caprigear should be able to supply some used ones in decent condition. Call him on 01507 343148.

Andrew.
Capri&Corona

Post by Capri&Corona »

Fully degreased, media blasted with fine grade media, painted with 2k etch primer and 2k top coat gloss black. will add stone chip paint went on the car, its a shame it will cover the shine. took me 7 hours in total but the tank will live for many more years!! :ford:

Capri&Corona

Post by Capri&Corona »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Capri&Corona wrote:There is only one thing stopping me from starting up the engine now before welding and that is fuel tank straps.. could anyone lead me to a supplier please, not bothered if they are not stainless, they just have to be rust free (new)!!!!

Hi,
I'm not sure you'll be able to obtain new ones, but Martin at Caprigear should be able to supply some used ones in decent condition. Call him on 01507 343148.

Andrew.
Thanks Andrew ill give him a call, hopefully the delivery doesnt take too long!! :ford:
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

Capri&Corona wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:

Hi,

Andrew.
Thanks Andrew ill give him a call, hopefully the delivery doesnt take too long!! :ford:

If Martin hasn't got any http://capriclub.co.uk/Engine-Spares/Fuel/tank-straps
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

Capri&Corona wrote:Fully degreased, media blasted with fine grade media, painted with 2k etch primer and 2k top coat gloss black. will add stone chip paint went on the car, its a shame it will cover the shine. took me 7 hours in total but the tank will live for many more years!! :ford:

No no no no! Don't spray stone chip on it. Leave it shiny black it will look great from the back, trust me :D
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Ihave powdercoated tank straps available
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Great job on the tank, it looks fantastic.
As you say, you've preserved it for many years to come.

Andrew.
Capri&Corona

Post by Capri&Corona »

Caprigear wrote:Ihave powdercoated tank straps available
Ok ill send you a direct message, thanks :ford:
Capri&Corona

Post by Capri&Corona »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi,
Great job on the tank, it looks fantastic.
As you say, you've preserved it for many years to come.

Andrew.
Thanks Andrew, very kind words, it was frustraiting with my head against the glass window but it is worth it i suppose, i met a bloke who came up work a couple of days ago called gary i believe who owns an orange 3.0s and he said hes never seen one like it, so thank you all for the compliments,

George :ford:
tomfairall1995
Car(s): Ford Capri Laser 1.6 (1986)

Post by tomfairall1995 »

looks good mate, what meets are you going to next year? Have you got instagram or anything as well?