CCI Parcel Shelf

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: CCI Parcel Shelf

Post by Paul G »

My 3.0 S has. (1981)

I think cars pre 1982 that had black interiors did, they were also available in brown.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Grey one now on order as I finally picked the car up at the weekend and saw that's what it has. I can transfer the rubber, reinforcing strip, strings and the hinge parts from the old shelf but does anyone have a suggestion for what type of carpet to use please ?
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Not_Anumber wrote:Grey one now on order as I finally picked the car up at the weekend and saw that's what it has. I can transfer the rubber, reinforcing strip, strings and the hinge parts from the old shelf but does anyone have a suggestion for what type of carpet to use please ?
I have some spare carpet in black or grey if it's of use?

Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Grey would be super please Danny . Can you let me know how much inc postage. Chris
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Not_Anumber wrote:Grey would be super please Danny . Can you let me know how much inc postage. Chris
No worries, I'll check I've still got it first! It's at my dad's house and I'm going there tomorrow so will grab it then and PM you?

cheers
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator

Post by Not_Anumber »

Were there different colours of the grey carpet for different models and years ? The new carpet Danny kindly sent is light grey (grey primer colour) whilst the remains of the old carpet or the old shelf is darker than the shelf itself.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Yep I would highly recommend the CCI shelf...
Image2016-08-11_11-34-51 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
Hi Nick, just a question on your CCI shelf, I'm about to swap the strings over from my old shelf, how does the plastic clip come apart that goes through the shelf ? Don't want to snap the clips, I assume each side clicks together either side of the hole, if so will levering it with a screwdriver do the job?
Cheers,
Rob
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Caprifan Rob wrote: I assume each side clicks together either side of the hole, if so will levering it with a screwdriver do the job?
Hi Rob,

Yep just as you say the two parts clip together through the fixing hole. Its quite a solid connection so does need a bit of force to unclip them. Mate I got a normal dinner knife which is thinner than a screwdriver and very carefully prised them apart as more surface of the knife lessened the chance of snapping them. The fun is trying to get them to clip back together when refitting. Maybe it was just mine but they were fiddly buggers.

Hope this helps Rob. :goodluck:

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote: I assume each side clicks together either side of the hole, if so will levering it with a screwdriver do the job?
Hi Rob,

Yep just as you say the two parts clip together through the fixing hole. Its quite a solid connection so does need a bit of force to unclip them. Mate I got a normal dinner knife which is thinner than a screwdriver and very carefully prised them apart as more surface of the knife lessened the chance of snapping them. The fun is trying to get them to clip back together when refitting. Maybe it was just mine but they were fiddly buggers.

Hope this helps Rob. :goodluck:

All the best

Nick
Thank for reply Nick, thought that was the case but always better to check. Like the dinner knife idea, I'll give that a try.

Cheers mate, :cheers:
Rob