Think I got a bit carried away

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
Knapp37
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri Mk3 2.8i Special

Think I got a bit carried away

Post by Knapp37 »

Hello everyone

First time I've posted some work so bear with me, so after lifting the bonnet, here is where I started

With plans to paint the top of the struts and clean the air box by the end of the day this is where I left it.

Now Did actually do what I set out but however I got a bit carried away.

Once I had sanded down and primed the struts, the brake servo looked like it needed a bit of tlc. So once the primer had dried I set about sanding down and priming it. Now while I was waiting I decided to flush the cooling system, and that led me to dismantling the radiator that needed a freshen up. That in turn opened up the power steering resivour open to sanding and priming.

So once I had got round to that I thought I would get round to doing the rocker covers (I forgot how many hours were in the day and forget that I actually had to drive back to Leeds from where my parents are currently housing the car, until I finish, and by finish actually build my car port) so safe to say that didn't get done. However I think I've woffled on enough so here are the before and after pictures

B

A

B

A

So hopefully I'll actually try get the rocker covers done, along with everything else.

Well my feet and my back are killing so I'll leave it there :)
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Re: Think I got a bit carried away

Post by D366Y »

Nice work of tidying everything up, I always mean to clean up the engine bay but never get around to it!

I am also quite envious of the fact that your garage has a proper radiator!! :wub: :lol:

All the best
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.