B100CNH... The journey begins..

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator
Car(s): many many capris

Re: B100CNH... The journey begins..

Post by elliecharlie2008 »

i think all in all its a very good capri in fact one of the better ones ive seen in a long time
yeh maybe we should of taken off the strut top plates but they did look good before hand but just proves they may look good from the top but whats lurking underneath
i think i counted up 22 areas needing attention but all of them were bits as appose to full panels which is good
looking forward to cracking on and getting it welded up and painted :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

elliecharlie2008 wrote:looking forward to cracking on and getting it welded up and painted :D
Looking forward to seeing the results! :D

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Hi Des,
Any updates on the resto??
Bertie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1984 Capri 2.8 injection special
2016 Ford Tourneo Titanium
2015 Subaru Forrester
1958 Porsche 108L Tractor

Post by Bertie »

andyd wrote:Hi Des,
Any updates on the resto??
Hi Andy

Lots going on re repairing small areas on the shell then prep and paint... Lots of early thoughts changed which has taken up some time but I will post some better updates with pics soon. It's a great process but challenging sometimes finalising plans... Think we've changed direction more times than if you were lost on spaghetti junction...lol

She will end up looking slightly different to original but nothing I won't be able to change if I want to at a later date..

Des
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

HI Des,

This sounds intriguing!!! Any clues??? Sounds like your having fun really though to me!!! Cheers Des, I look forward to the up-date and Pic's, all the very best,

John...
andyd

Post by andyd »

Taff50ish wrote: I look forward to the up-date and Pic's, all the very best,

John...
:agree: :goodluck:

Andy
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Des,
Looking forward to seeing some photos. :D
It'll be interesting to see how your plans have changed. You're not fitting a stonking great V8 in there are you? :lol:

Andrew.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Des,
It'll be interesting to see how your plans have changed. You're not fitting a stonking great V8 in there are you? :lol:

Andrew.
Hi Andrew

No V8..lol... In reality we've gone back to standard with a few tweeks which sounds quite boring but after all the work Steves done so far it would be a shame to spoil it IMO.... Sorry if I led you down the wrong path guys... Although I can see something different in the near future but that's a story for another time... :D
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

Bertie wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Des,

Andrew.
Hi Andrew

No V8..lol... In reality we've gone back to standard with a few tweeks which sounds quite boring but after all the work Steves done so far it would be a shame to spoil it IMO.... Sorry if I led you down the wrong path guys... Although I can see something different in the near future but that's a story for another time... :D
Hi Des,
Keeping your car as close to standard will make it far more appealing IMO. Any modifications that can easily be undone is okay, like spraying the grill and light bezels satin black will look good, but if you change your mind it can easily be put back.
My car is fitted with electric windows done by a previous owner. Its nice to have electric windows, but for me its not standard and one of my projects over the winter will be fitting manual winders back in it. It might sound strange but I'm really looking forward to winding those windows down by hand :D It will be nearly as good as binning the modern stereo that was fitted and putting the original one in that didn't sound half as good, but just made the dash look soooo much better!

Neil
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Des.

Great to hear all is going well with your restoration of your Cappa mate. Whatever you decide it will be simply stunning just looking at the interior parts you been storing up all this time. I cant wait to see it at Simply Ford next year fella :wave: ....no pressure :lol:

Keep up the grand work mate and I too look forward to seeing some pics as and when.....

All the best Des

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

HI Des, havn't heard from you in a while, how's the resto coming along mate ?
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

little bit of a update i dont get much on a chance to upload to the forums as much as i used to capriworld gets updated as its really easy to add pictures and details
but here is old man des capri lol
shes all welded up now all the welds have been blasted back and zic primed them smoothed of with fibre filler shes currently sat on her side having the underside done all the little dents and marks from over the years smoothed off and then she will be primered in north sea primer to protect her
fingers crossed this shall be all done next week and ill get some more piccys heres a few for now

steve

Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Thanks for the update Steve, always nice to see how projects are coming along. Bet Des is Happy with progress, looking good.
Cheers
Rob
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

Freelanderfan wrote:Thanks for the update Steve, always nice to see how projects are coming along. Bet Des is Happy with progress, looking good.
Cheers
Rob
no problem rob
are you on capri world? is so search steve capri and send me a friends request there is loads of pictures on there along with the other capris going through the process
yeh des is happy fingers crossed she will be painted and back in the work shop before xmas
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

elliecharlie2008 wrote:are you on capri world? is so search steve capri and send me a friends request there is loads of pictures on there along with the other capris going through the process
Cheers Steve, thanks for offer but I'm not on Facebook. Thought about joining just to go on Capriworld but didn't want all the other nonsense that goes with being on the 'book' :?
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Freelanderfan wrote:Bet Des is Happy with progress, looking good.
Rob
Hi Rob

I am indeed happy to date. Steve has done and doing some awesome work on the car, we could easily have taken a quicker and easier route with the bodywork as it is such a solid unit but we decided to correct every last ding, dent and scrape so it should be spot on once ready for paint. We've had many discussions regarding the underside and different finish options infact we still are lol..

It's been an awesome process to date and we are only halfway there...... :D

Sorry I've not had time for any updates as I'm stacked out at the moment...

Cheers, Des
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Des,
I'm pleased to hear that you're happy with how the work is progressing on your Capri.
That makes us even hungrier for an update and more photos! I guess we'll just have to be patient and wait until you're slightly less busy. :)

All the best,
Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Des and Steve,

Great update photos. Thanks for posting them Steve. Its great to see how much progress you are making with Des' 2.8i Special. Its coming along really really well and as Des has said some awesome work done by yourself. Extremely thorough job indeed but having seen your previous work this is no surprise at all. I seen one of your restorations at Classic Ford in June...Lukes stunning Mk2 2.0 Ghia in Flame Orange. The paintjob was amazing ! By the time you and Des are finished with his 2.8i Special it will be a truely remarkable Capri :D

Keep up the stunning work chaps. Am sure there are still a lot more "conversations" to be had along the way as you chaps really are doing a proper quality restoration here. Cant wait to see the next batch of photos ! Des it must be extremely exciting getting closer to the paint shop followed by the start of the fitting out !

All the best guys,

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd

Post by andyd »

Bertie wrote:
Freelanderfan wrote:Bet Des is Happy with progress, looking good.
Rob
Hi Rob

I am indeed happy to date. Steve has done and doing some awesome work on the car, we could easily have taken a quicker and easier route with the bodywork as it is such a solid unit but we decided to correct every last ding, dent and scrape so it should be spot on once ready for paint. We've had many discussions regarding the underside and different finish options infact we still are lol..

Cheers, Des
Hi Des,
If you are going that far with a restoration, it has to be as close to 100% as possible :)
Nothing worse than not being happy and wishing you had done more.

Simply Ford 2017.........? :cheers:

:goodluck: Andy
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

andyd wrote: If you are going that far with a restoration, it has to be as close to 100% as possible :)
Nothing worse than not being happy and wishing you had done more.

Simply Ford 2017.........? :cheers:

:goodluck: Andy
Hi Andy

Yeh totally agree but I will still end up with a Capri I will drive when I want as it will not be a total garage queen... The first stone chip will be painful but the rest will be fun filled hopefully :D

Simply Ford 2017 may be possible, if it is I just need to find an overnight with very safe parking lol...

Cheers, Des