B100CNH... The journey begins..

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: B100CNH... The journey begins..

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Des,

Mate I been so busy working this week and stressing out over being my mates best man in Kerry, Ireland next week that I completely missed your really exciting thread :doh: :sorry:

Wow ! A complete restoration. Very exciting indeed. As already has been said it's a big decision and even bigger finding someone you can trust to do the work to the standard you want, but sounds like we gonna be treated to yet another of Steve's glorious restorations. Really looking forward to watching this project of yours unfold mate...in a nice way I mean of course :lol:

Jeepers, Steve really don't hang around does he seeing the pictures he's already posted up. Really looking forward to seeing more and Steve always delivers with great pictures of his restorations. Crikey, you must be so excited at what lies ahead and the day you drive B100 CNH back to your garage fully restored and looking even better than it did before if this is possible as it looked mighty lovely then I have to say !

Des all the very best with your restoration on B100 CNH. You and Steve no doubt will have plenty of decisions to make as you go along but the end result will be stunning !! Talking with you at Beaulieu recently it was obvious how much passion you have towards your 2.8i Special and how you want only the best for it. You spent ages looking over and "listening" to Johns stunning 2.8i Special...looks like we will have another one at Beaulieu next year. Cant wait to see it.

Sorry again for missing this very exciting period in your life Des :) but I have had the pieces of my best man speech all over the flat this week and its stressing me out. Its like a jigsaw and I can't seem to put it back together to make sense :lol: So not really had much time to spend on the forum this week...just a few quick "passing through town" visits but I am glad I seen your thread tonight. Cheered me up fella. Nice one Des.

All the very best once again fella,

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Bertie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1984 Capri 2.8 injection special
2016 Ford Tourneo Titanium
2015 Subaru Forrester
1958 Porsche 108L Tractor

Post by Bertie »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Jeepers, Steve really don't hang around does he seeing the pictures he's already posted up. Really looking forward to seeing more and Steve always delivers with great pictures of his restorations. Crikey, you must be so excited at what lies ahead and the day you drive B100 CNH back to your garage fully restored and looking even better than it did before if this is possible as it looked mighty lovely then I have to say !

Des all the very best with your restoration on B100 CNH. You and Steve no doubt will have plenty of decisions to make as you go along but the end result will be stunning !! Talking with you at Beaulieu recently it was obvious how much passion you have towards your 2.8i Special and how you want only the best for it. You spent ages looking over and "listening" to Johns stunning 2.8i Special...looks like we will have another one at Beaulieu next year. Cant wait to see it.

Nick
Hi Nick

I though you'd fallen out with me for a minute.....lol

Seriously, its always stressful being best man but you'll be fine on the day pal just be yourself .... No problem... :D

Hopefully we will have it full stripped and away to the soda blasters at some point next week, stripping the doors and bonnet separately but the rest will go and looking forward (mostly) to seeing the result and what we find underneath.
I'm still collecting parts and purchased a grey dash last week which is uncracked but has a slight pressure mark picked up either in storage or whilst it was being shipped. I'll get it out applying a little heat to the area so no big deal (he says).

Hope all goes well buddy..

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Des
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Bertie wrote:I though you'd fallen out with me for a minute.....lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: I will still be your friend Des, even though I am going to be so envious of you when you get your restored 2.8i Special back fron Steve

...but at the same time I will be really excited to see it in the flesh :D :D :D

Des I would love to come up and spend an hour or so browsing around your stores of Capri parts. Bet that is a show in itself. You got some stunning parts waiting to get fitted as and when the time allows, Your interior is certainly going to be "Special" by the time you finished mate. That dash looks "cracking" fella. What a find ! That little blemish is nothing to worry about at all so if you cant get it out I would fit that dash no problem. Not a crack in sight....

Nice one Des,

All the best now

Nick
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Des I would love to come up and spend an hour or so browsing around your stores of Capri parts. Bet that is a show in itself. You got some stunning parts waiting to get fitted as and when the time allows, Your interior is certainly going to be "Special" by the time you finished mate. That dash looks "cracking" fella. What a find ! That little blemish is nothing to worry about at all so if you cant get it out I would fit that dash no problem. Not a crack in sight....

Nick
Hi Nick

Certainly feels like a parts store but more needed and whilst I can still find the odd bargain then it would be rude not to. Full strip down on Tuesday as it now definatly going to the blasters on Wednesday :D

Gave the seats a good cleanup today...

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Des,
That dash was a superb find!

Andrew.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Des,

Andrew.
Hi Andrew,

Indeed, guy had it wrapped in his loft for many years then decided it was time to go... :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Bertie wrote:Gave the seats a good clean
Stunning Des....simple as....... :)

Good Luck on Tuesday fella.

All the best

Nick
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Des,

Andrew.
:agree: :applaud:
Surprising whats out there and at a decent price if lucky :D
Seats look great too :goodluck:

Andy
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Spent part of the day with Steve today stripping out the engine, g/box, suspension, axel plus loads more done getting ready to send the shell off for blasting.... The lad worked his socks off... :D

Checked the engine numbers which are all matching... Pleased about that..

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Well done Des :applaud:
Nice for you to be a part of the restoration, and get to see parts of the car you wouldn't normally :D

I would take the Janspeeds home and keep them under my pillow :xd:

:goodluck: Andy
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:I would take the Janspeeds home and keep them under my pillow :xd:
Now Des has the polishing bug, he could take them home and polish up the tailpipes to a nice shine.... :D

Andrew.
Andyonthejob
Car(s): `84 A.reg Black 2.0S Capri & '88 Capri 280TT

Post by Andyonthejob »

andyd wrote:
I would take the Janspeeds home and keep them under my pillow :xd:
Given the chance, I would take his Janspeeds home and keep them under MY pillow :D
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Day 2 and Steve has her fully stripped and ready to go. Nothing was broken, stripped or bent during the process and everything is boxed, not bad going for two days.... :D

Image[/URL]
Last edited by Bertie on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator
Car(s): many many capris

Post by elliecharlie2008 »

if i wasnt full of cold it would of been done in the day lol
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

elliecharlie2008 wrote:if i wasnt full of cold it would of been done in the day lol
You are a total wuzz for a big lad..... :xd:
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator
Car(s): many many capris

Post by elliecharlie2008 »

Bertie wrote:
elliecharlie2008 wrote:if i wasnt full of cold it would of been done in the day lol
You are a total wuzz for a big lad..... :xd:
i am lol at this min laid on the sofa playing on the i pad on ebay......i might not make it by morning its touch and go lol
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Off she goes, looking forward to the process and seeing what we find under the paint and stone chip etc..

Image[/URL]
CapriLee
Car(s): Currently S1 RS turbo. Looking to buy a 2.8i capri.

Post by CapriLee »

Well you've just got all those lovely resurfaced roads to enjoy, Des, and you take it off the road lol ! She'll be an absolute beaut when done I'm sure :)
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

CapriLee wrote:Well you've just got all those lovely resurfaced roads to enjoy, Des, and you take it off the road lol ! She'll be an absolute beaut when done I'm sure :)
Thanks Lee, I certainly hope so as no shot cuts with this one. Some of the parts I need can be difficult and costly so need to be careful patient which is not usually one of my strongest traits.

I have a lot to live up to with the guys cars on here... :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Bertie wrote:Off she goes, looking forward to the process and seeing what we find under the paint and stone chip etc..

Image[/URL]
Hi Des,
Judging by your photos and comments so far, I doubt you'll find anything to worry you. Looking great so far!
I'm definitely keeping an eye on progress with this resto.

Andrew.