B100CNH... The journey begins..

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator
Car(s): many many capris

Re: B100CNH... The journey begins..

Post by elliecharlie2008 »

Freelanderfan wrote:
elliecharlie2008 wrote:are you on capri world? is so search steve capri and send me a friends request there is loads of pictures on there along with the other capris going through the process
Cheers Steve, thanks for offer but I'm not on Facebook. Thought about joining just to go on Capriworld but didn't want all the other nonsense that goes with being on the 'book' :?
Me either rob I'm down as steve capri never registered anything else i purely use it for capri world pal
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

elliecharlie2008 wrote:
Freelanderfan wrote:Thought about joining just to go on Capriworld but didn't want all the other nonsense that goes with being on the 'book' :?
Me either rob I'm down as steve capri never registered anything else i purely use it for capri world pal
Thanks, didn't know you could do this, will look into it. Don't want to miss out on any great rebuilds like Des' car. Cheers, Steve
Bertie wrote: I am indeed happy to date. Steve has done and doing some awesome work on the car, we could easily have taken a quicker and easier route with the bodywork as it is such a solid unit but we decided to correct every last ding, dent and scrape
Glad you're happy Des, you're doing the right thing, this is going to be a top rebuild. Looking forward to seeing the finished car.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1984 Capri 2.8 injection special
2016 Ford Tourneo Titanium
2015 Subaru Forrester
1958 Porsche 108L Tractor

Post by Bertie »

Freelanderfan wrote: Glad you're happy Des, you're doing the right thing, this is going to be a top rebuild. Looking forward to seeing the finished car.
Thanks Rob, I'm still picking up interior part replacements and refurbing others, Steve and I will go through every part I have stored from the original strip down to make sure we have everything we need at some stage. It can drive you mad cleaning and refurbishing parts but I want to keep as many serviable original bits as possible.

To be fair the two main bits people seem to look at is paintwork and interiors...makes you think you've lost the plot when you polish the Janspeed only to cover it in crap again..it's madness buddy, I'm told (often) that people like us need help.... :doh: :shock: :xd:
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Bertie wrote:Steve and I will go through every part I have stored from the original strip down to make sure we have everything we need at some stage. It can drive you mad cleaning and refurbishing parts but I want to keep as many serviable original bits as possible.
I did the same Des, kept as many original parts as I could. To make the rebuild easier I took lots of pictures of the strip & bagged all the bolts/screws etc seperately & wrote on the bags. There were bags everywhere :D
Bertie wrote:I'm told (often) that people like us need help.... :doh: :shock: :xd:
They'd be right :lol:
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Well its been a while but lots of care and attention has been taken with the underside of my Capri, any corrosion, damage, dents caused by careless jacking, joyful exuberance ;) have been corrected and we finally decided to 2pack the underside ... The lacquer red paint hasn't been cought correctly under false light but you get the idea. Steve's work and attention to detail is starting to shine through even if you don't like lacquer red... I certainly do lol

Image[/url]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Des,
It's been a long wait for news, but it's been worth it......your car is looking superb!
Keep up the great work. 8-)

Andrew.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Des,
It's been a long wait for news, but it's been worth it......your car is looking superb!
Keep up the great work. 8-)

Andrew.
Thanks Andrew much appreciated, we've changed plan a few times over the months but it's been worth it. We will be moving on reasonably quickly now or at least until I can't make my mind up again.... :D
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Des,

Wow, fantastic progress fella. This really is how to do it. I'm well chuffed to hear your going to be using it too, the Right decision in my eyes. Shame about that 1st Stone chip, but as you say, the next few you will still be smiling. I remember getting a chipped Windscreen coming home from a Passion Ford night at The Ace Cafe and the next day I did actually still grin I was using it and Enjoying it. When it's time for a resto, then it's time.

By the way, the Paint looks Amazing. You really have caught the Colour. I really am looking forward to seeing both you and your Cappa, maybe a Simply??? All the Very Best till then. Happy New Year. And to everyone else, Happy New Year. Cheers,

John........
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Taff50ish wrote:
By the way, the Paint looks Amazing. You really have caught the Colour. I really am looking forward to seeing both you and your Cappa, maybe a Simply??? All the Very Best till then.

John........
:agree: 8 months since you started this thread Des........Time flies.

Have you put your name down for 'Simply Ford' yet John :?: :whistle: :lol:

:goodluck:

Andy
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Looking great Des, this is going to be one of the best out there, looking forward to seeing it. Nice work :applaud:
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Thanks for the kind comments guys, 8 months have flown by but it's a great experience rebuilding from scratch. So many decisions to make and information to be resurched let alone the price of parts these days so it's worth hunting and waiting to get what you need at a reasonable price. As you mentioned paint John my car a late 84' which makes it an early special so had to find the first code available for lacquer red, actually Steve found it.

Image[/URL]
Last edited by Bertie on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Des,

WOW !! :applaud:

As already been said mate your update pictures have definately been worth the wait ! Thanks for taking the time to post them. What stunning work and attention to detail from yourself and Steve. That underside looks absolutely stunning now you got that gorgeous Lacquer Red on it ! It must be an amazing experince Des. You are one lucky chap and once completed as Rob said its gonna be one of the best Capri's out there :)

Really looking forward to catching up with you Des hopefully during 2017 at some stage. And of course cant wait to see B100 CNH in the flesh at some stage too :)

All the best now

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Hi Des,

Really looking forward to catching up with you Des hopefully during 2017 at some stage. And of course cant wait to see B100 CNH in the flesh at some stage too :)

All the best now

Nick
Hi Nick

Great to hear from you fella and thanks for the kind comments she is starting to come together, as for on of the best well I'll settle for having a very good example that some might like but I love it...That'll do me just fine.. Hope to catch up with you guys this year somewhere soon..

I'll post progress as we go... ;)
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

A few close up pics, arches, box section etc, worth all the hard work and time so far..

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
andyd

Post by andyd »

:applaud: :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Des, looks superb mate. Very very high standard of work by Steve. Exceptional ! :applaud:
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Gorgeous.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

I'm hunting decent parts out slowly .. unmarked steering wheel was a nice find...

Image[/URL]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Bertie wrote:I'm hunting decent parts out slowly .. unmarked steering wheel
Nice one Des ! Thats a " Wheelie Wheelie" good find :)
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Bertie wrote:I'm hunting decent parts out slowly .. unmarked steering wheel
Nice one Des ! Thats a " Wheelie Wheelie" good find :)

Yes decent quality parts are getting rare now....
My mate has lots of new or mint items for his C reg 2.8 that he has collected over the last few years, ready for when he drags it out of the barn :roll: