Completing Project Radio cassette/ speakers !

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Completing Project Radio cassette/ speakers !

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi,

Had another good day out on Capri today. John, freshly back from his recent road trip in sunny Europe, popped around as he promised to finish off wiring up the door speakers and fader switch for me. Jeepers seeing the fader switch wiring I was glad of his help !

Before he arrived I fitted the speakers into the door cards. I got some great condition original speakers from Martin at Capri Gear along with other bits including the proper plastic door moulds, so I could fit them as Ford intended :)

Image20160312_100032 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160312_100041 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

plastic mould and backing plate...
Image20160312_100051 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160312_115901 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160312_120052 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

I had already removed lower trim to restore it recently as some of you already know...glovebox I fitted back in...
Image20160312_145633 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

So John took over and went to task with the fader switch wiring...
Image20160312_160755 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160312_160750 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

So wiring all done and tested we began refitting the newly painted trim :) and en route I whipped off the steering wheel to replace it with an original one that I had bought a while ago. Its an original one that has a slight "custom" leather trim
Image20160312_164931 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

New wheel fitted and it really does look great. I was nervous as was not sure how it would look as it has a custom black trim against the grey, but once fitted it really works treat...PHEW!... and most importantly it got a big thumbs up from John. Always good to get a second opinion. Looks even better in the flesh so am well pleased with it...and very relieved as it was not cheap !
Image20160312_165227 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

So, everything refitted here is it pretty much finished off now. Just a few little bits of trim to tidy up with Halfords Flexible Vinyl Paint and a good clean needed....
Image20160312_174814 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160312_174805 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160312_174706 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20160312_160815 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

So finally here is a reminder of how it looked before I began my interior project...
Image20160210_171120 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Since this photo was taken a while back a lot has been done to the interior. Its taken a while but the results have made it all so worth while. It really is looking so much better than it did before. I just wanted to thank John once again for all his help. I now have an original Capri radio cassette with all four speakers and fader switch now working perfectly ! Cheers John :cheers:

Hope I did not bore you too much with all the pics...think I may have got a teeny bit carried away this time :sorry: :)

All the best

Nick

ps I may bore you with a couple more pics tomorrow as the light was fading when I took these ones today. I will highlight the under trim I recently restored so you can have a quick look at the results :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Completing Project Radio cassette/ speakers !

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
The interior looks superb now, what a contrast between before and after.
I spy a beer towel in the sixth photo. It can't be one of John's as it's not a Timothy Taylor's Landord one! :lol: You must be using his tip to protect your lovely new dash.

All the best,
Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:The interior looks superb now, what a contrast between before and after.
Thanks very much Andrew. Yep it really has turned out better than I had ever expected. It looks so much better now. The new steering wheel thankfully finishes it off a treat, but the radio cassette really is the icing on the cake for me. Love it ! In fact I am just loving every minute I am working on the Capri mate. Will be back down there tomorro :D
Andrew 2.8i wrote:I spy a beer towel in the sixth photo. It can't be one of John's as it's not a Timothy Taylor's Landord one! :lol: You must be using his tip to protect your lovely new dash.
:lol: Well spotted fella ! Yep this Stella Artois one does belong to me and yep it shall be proudly sitting upon my dash top :wave:

Cheers Andrew

Nick
Bertie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1984 Capri 2.8 injection special
2016 Ford Tourneo Titanium
2015 Subaru Forrester
1958 Porsche 108L Tractor

Post by Bertie »

Really nice work Nick and worth all the hard efforts, the interior is improved ten fold IMO which no doubt improves your driving experience to... Well done mate... :D

Des
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Great job guys :applaud: looks great :D
Spotted the Beer Towel too.....I have 4 that I don't need, if anyone wants them I will bring to Beaulieu.....??

Andy
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Bertie wrote:Really nice work Nick and worth all the hard efforts, the interior is improved ten fold IMO which no doubt improves your driving experience to... Well done mate... :D
Cheers Des. Yep it truely has transformed the Capri mate. I am over the moon with the end results. Took a bit of getting there but so worth it Des...even when there were wires and cables dangling from every where at one stage when the dashboard was out :lol: But John was able to calm me down :)

All the best Des

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:Great job guys :applaud: looks great :D
Cheers Andy :D
andyd wrote:Spotted the Beer Towel too.....I have 4 that I don't need, if anyone wants them I will bring to Beaulieu.....??
Hey Andy, I will have a couple please if they are still going :)

All the best mate

Nick
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
andyd wrote:Spotted the Beer Towel too.....I have 4 that I don't need, if anyone wants them I will bring to Beaulieu.....??
Hey Andy, I will have a couple please if they are still going :)

All the best mate

Nick
Ok mate, Ive got; 2 x St Austell Tribute Cornish Ale, 1 x Proper Job, 1 x Dartmoor Best Bitter.... have what you want :)

Andy
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:Ok mate, Ive got; 2 x St Austell Tribute Cornish Ale, 1 x Proper Job, 1 x Dartmoor Best Bitter.... have what you want :)
Thanks very much Andy. I will definately have the Dartmoor Best Bitter and Proper Job please :)

I dont want to be greedy and take the Cornish Ale too in case some one else wants them but if come the day at Besulieu you still have them then I will gladly take those off your hands too, but as said only If they are still going and only if no one else wants them.

Thats very good of you Andy. Nice one mate :D

All the best

Nick
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
andyd wrote:Ok mate, Ive got; 2 x St Austell Tribute Cornish Ale, 1 x Proper Job, 1 x Dartmoor Best Bitter.... have what you want :)
Thanks very much Andy. I will definately have the Dartmoor Best Bitter and Proper Job please :)

I dont want to be greedy and take the Cornish Ale too in case some one else wants them but if come the day at Besulieu you still have them then I will gladly take those off your hands too, but as said only If they are still going and only if no one else wants them.

Thats very good of you Andy. Nice one mate :D

All the best

Nick
Hi Nick,
That's fine, good choice IMO :D

Andy
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:That's fine, good choice IMO :D
Great minds think alike Andy :wave: :lol:

Thanks again mate. Nice one !

All the best

Nick