Supercharger

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
Clint2504
Car(s): Mk3 2 litre ford capri with Aston Martin bodykit

Supercharger

Post by Clint2504 »

Hi
I'm rebuilding a 2 litre pinto to a 2.1 with twin webber 45s. I'm looking at supercharging it, I was told that I need one that sucks as opposed to blows? Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks

Clint
Will01
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6GL 1981 (Track Project) & 2.0 GL 1979(Gone to Capri Heaven)
Alfa 156 GTA (Daily Driver)
Alfa 2.4JTD Sportwagon
Mini Cooper S (Wife's)
Old Jags & Riley's for fun

Re: Supercharger

Post by Will01 »

think you have mis-understood. They may have been talking about different carb setup with turbo/Supercharger e.g. suck through carb or blow through carb.
Personally if i was going supercharger route i would be looking at going injection and then running throttle body then map it up.
Plans have changed to just make a good fun Track Car :)
Clint2504
Car(s): Mk3 2 litre ford capri with Aston Martin bodykit

Post by Clint2504 »

Ah yeah, think they said it was best to suck through. I was hoping to do it through the carbs as I prefer carb to injection

Thanks for the reply :D
BMWcapri
Car(s): BMW V8 powered '81 Calypso

Post by BMWcapri »

I have this same blow vs suck debate with my wife, she says my camshaft needs a good cleaning...

Take a look at craigorypeck's motor: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30772&p=203337&hil ... ck#p203337 he used a merc slk Eaton M62 charger blowing through bike carbs
Craigorypeck
Car(s): Mk III Capri- 2.0 YB cossie lump with eaton blower on bike carbs. Problem... its 4000 miles away.
MK1 resto- 2.3 Turbo or Charger, both probably
Chevy Cobalt

Post by Craigorypeck »

Easiest way to do it is sell the crappy webers and get some decent DHLA45M dellortos from a turbo lotus.all ready to blow though... but unlike a turbo a supercharger is harder to control. Turbo just needs a dump valve to vent at closed throttle high rpm. A charger needs to vent at all closed throttle events.. getting it to glide onto boost from idle without kangarooing is the challenge. I ended up with 2 throttle bodies and a butterfly valve to get my set up to behave.
My new Twin charged venture will be using a turbo Wastegate in place of a dump valve. More progressive action.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=38740&hilit=supercharger
:spam: