Recaro interior Retrim

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Recaro interior Retrim

Post by Ghia15 »

Sorry guys but I forgot to take a picture of the seats before I started as I was using the base and upright from two different seats for this project.

We all know what the recaros look like then the bolsters wear through and the foam is exposed on the drivers seat any way.

Well I have spent a few hours stripping the covers off all the foam on the seats. Was a bit of a pain for the first few clips but found my rhythm.

I then un-stitched the fabric panels from the grey vinyl panels of the different sections. Was not too bad to do. The panels got ironed out flat so they can be used as templates for cutting new fabric for the car.

I will be phoning a few companies tomorrow when I get a chance to see how much the fabric will be to do the work.

I will then have to learn to use a sewing machine but have a friend who might be able to help out with that.

Only doing a drivers seat to begin with as it was all ripped. the passenger side seats I have are near mint so I don't want to strip them apart until I know I can do a half decent job on the retrim.

All panels which are not damaged are being kept as spares to repair the Set that will remain factory spec.

Will post some pictures up later of the current progress.