Black 2.8 project

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Black 2.8 project

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Peter,
Congrats on your 2.8 passing the MOT!
Nice tip about the Granada MC, it's good to know that a suitable alternative is available if I ever need a replacement.

Andrew.
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Peter,
Congrats on your 2.8 passing the MOT!
Nice tip about the Granada MC, it's good to know that a suitable alternative is available if I ever need a replacement.

Andrew.
Its worth fitting the Granada one Andrew, as it has a larger bore which improves the braking performance. Relatively cheap upgrade and a must if you ever upgrade the calipers.

Neil
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Peter.

Fantastic tutorial mate. Really enjoyed reading your step by step guide. Great work there and brilliant news it has passed the mot too :applaud:

I have been wondering ways to improve my brakes Peter. I want to keep the rear drums so it will have to be the fronts that I upgrade. John has helped me replace the rears with a new mc too and they def are much better than before. Seeing you upgraded your std 2.0 wuth 4 pots has me wondering about doing something similar to mine at some stage. Would I need to 'upgrade' my servo and mc or would I be able to keep these as they are ?

Hope you dont mind me asking you this on your project thread Peter. Feel free to 're-locate' me mate :)

All the best and once again great news on your brakes and the mot !

Cheers

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Hi Peter.

Fantastic tutorial mate. Really enjoyed reading your step by step guide. Great work there and brilliant news it has passed the mot too :applaud:

I have been wondering ways to improve my brakes Peter. I want to keep the rear drums so it will have to be the fronts that I upgrade. John has helped me replace the rears with a new mc too and they def are much better than before. Seeing you upgraded your std 2.0 wuth 4 pots has me wondering about doing something similar to mine at some stage. Would I need to 'upgrade' my servo and mc or would I be able to keep these as they are ?

Hope you dont mind me asking you this on your project thread Peter. Feel free to 're-locate' me mate :)

All the best and once again great news on your brakes and the mot !

Cheers

Nick
Thanks Nick, sorry for the slow response, not been the best week.

On servos each car has the standard servo for the car. The 2.0 I also put 2.8 drums on as they are slightly bigger. Probably hasn't made a deal of difference but you never know. I used the original 2.0 m/c as well.
The 2.8 I had to use the slightly larger bore m/c as mentioned above as standard units are no longer available.
The 4 pot upgrade that I have done uses slightly bigger discs as well, 257 mm instead of the standard 245 mm.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Peter-S wrote:Thanks Nick, sorry for the slow response, not been the best week.

On servos each car has the standard servo for the car. The 2.0 I also put 2.8 drums on as they are slightly bigger. Probably hasn't made a deal of difference but you never know. I used the original 2.0 m/c as well.
The 2.8 I had to use the slightly larger bore m/c as mentioned above as standard units are no longer available.
The 4 pot upgrade that I have done uses slightly bigger discs as well, 257 mm instead of the standard 245 mm.
Thanks for your reply Peter. Sorry to hear you have not had a good week. Hope all is ok :)

Peter as ever fantastic advice. I have taken this all on board as I am seriously considering this upgrade at some stage. Thanks for the information. Much appreciated :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...