well here we go finaly for those who have not seen it

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
deaddowg
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 laser project

well here we go finaly for those who have not seen it

Post by deaddowg »

This is the project the day I got it.

Then once the paint was removed:

I have since started to repair these sections. I post pics up of the repairs when I get them all finished and in a proper coat of primer.
Capriman
Car(s): Ford Capri Mk1 face lift 1.3 L , Fiat Uno Mk1 1.3 sx ( Restoration Project almost finished ) , and a Peugeot 205 1.0 GE For every day use (daily driver )

Re: well here we go finaly for those who have not seen it

Post by Capriman »

:applaud: :applaud: Great job man its a very good job to save an other Capri wish you :goodluck: luck with you restoration
i also have a mk1 facelift its in very good condition but i`m think about a full restoration but this will not happen before 4 years more i think :headscratch:
ImageImage
deaddowg

Post by deaddowg »

a few pics of some of the repairs. All the crap cut out and old skool fiberglass repairs. Still to smooth it all in with the catty. They are sprayed down so to keep the weather off any bare metal around the repairs. There was not much left of the rear arch when I cut everything away, if I had access to welding gear I would have just put a repair arch on. However I spent approx 8hrs rebuilding it. The front wing was much about the same, once all the crap was cut away there was next to nothing left. The build up and shapping took approx 2.5/3 hrs and the dent on the rear qtr was a git to get into to chap out but an hour later and it's done. Like I said just a smoothing out with catty to go to make it good.

This is mini me pointing the repairs out:

a better pic of the rear arch

Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Miserable little beggar isn't he! ;)

Good work pal, keep it up.
Always love to see people with more nerve than me keeping another Capri from the scrap man.
Could have picked a better day for it though!!
deaddowg

Post by deaddowg »

Bug wrote:Miserable little beggar isn't he! ;)

Good work pal, keep it up.
Always love to see people with more nerve than me keeping another Capri from the scrap man.
Could have picked a better day for it though!!

It's fine scottish weather mate, after these pics I started stripping the top end off the engine as I'm on a fault finding mission, everything keeps coming back to piston rings or valves.