the mk1

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
seatofmepants
Car(s): 1973 mk1. currently a fully welded and rot free shell ready for its transformation into a car again. watch out for project reports viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39246

the mk1

Post by seatofmepants »

(woops :oops: i posted this without photos by mistake, problem fixed now)
so ive finaly bothered to get me act togethor and start a projects page. wat ive noticed is that projects pages usualy go along the same lines, someone posts their pics, we all congratulate them on their work, everything goes well.

a good system no doubt but cause im still learning the art of car resto i thought id let people be a bit interactive with their comments. wat i mean is wen you scroll through the pics and as the build develops over the next few weeks and months i want all you folks with the past experience to point and guide me through what im missing or doing wrong, constructive slagging if you will :) . il take any and all opinions and criticisms as long as they are founded on solid experience and your not jus havin a bad day an wanna let off a bit o steam :twisted: .

so look at the pics and if you see anything you know is done better another way or a bit of welding that i forgot to clean up, post it.

cheers.

so this is the car beofre it went in the garage, the next update will be all the work done so far and wats next. enjoy.

and here it is now Image
Before you judge someone you should walk a mile in their shoes, that way, when you do judge them, your a mile away and you have their shoes

Confucius say "man with loudest mouth often have quietest brain"
seatofmepants
Car(s): 1973 mk1. currently a fully welded and rot free shell ready for its transformation into a car again. watch out for project reports viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39246

Re: the mk1

Post by seatofmepants »

so the right side is nearly sorted jus gotta grind and re-weld afew messy bits and bobs but other than that im happy with it :D .
the next problem is the right side. i removed the wing (anyone know where i can get a nice steel pressing that doesnt need to much fiddling?) and i found this:

Imageits pretty rotten so ive started cuttin it out, the previous owner had repaired this area with fibrglass and drilled through it to re fit the doors! bloody thing fell off when i give it a poke wit a screwdriver :shock: . has anyone repairwed ths area before? it looks like a bit of a complicated job and id love to be able to see the section looking fresh so i can base my shape on it. i estimeat to have this bit finished by the end of nxt week so will update on fri an c wat happens.

ive also got this problem inside the nose section, the bit colored differently with the bolt in it is where the bumper attaches to, so that gives you an idea were bouts this is. im thinkin bout getin a pro to do this as it looks pretty awkward to get to with a grinder. any one done this area before, tips owould be most helpful.
Before you judge someone you should walk a mile in their shoes, that way, when you do judge them, your a mile away and you have their shoes

Confucius say "man with loudest mouth often have quietest brain"