My Capri Laser

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
spireman
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 laser (finally back on the road). Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (daily driver)

My Capri Laser

Post by spireman »

Hi guys just got round to posting some pics of the Cappa, I can't believe that when I sold her in 2000 she was in brilliant condition but 4 owners since then has left her in this state (not as bad as some I have seen).

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: My Capri Laser

Post by Peter-S »

Shame she's 'gone off' a bit. Hope you soon get her looking good again.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
AndyH
Car(s): 1998 Ford Transit (daily work van)
1986 2.0 Ford Capri (my project and fun car)
1998 BMW 318is
1999 Ford Cougar 2.5 V6

Post by AndyH »

i dont think i could ever buy back a car i sold for this very reason. I would be devistated to see a car i put loads of effot into, turn into a rot box because of some uncareing owners who dont take pride in the cars they buy.
Bug wrote: A barge is often pulled by one horse, usually in a straight line....
A Capri is propelled by as many 'horses' as possible.......hardly ever in a straight line!!!
spireman
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 laser (finally back on the road). Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (daily driver)

Post by spireman »

I know what you mean mate but I just couldn't see her going to the scrapyard, this photo was taken about 4 months before I sold her in 2000, looking back that was a big mistake.
spireman
Donator
Donator

Post by spireman »

Well all the repairs on the drivers side floor pan and rear spring hanger/chassis are now complete and I am starting on the passenger side, to my amazement this side is fairly solid and I have only managed to knock two relatively small holes in it so compared to the drivers side this should be an absolute breeze.
spireman
Donator
Donator

Post by spireman »

Well I can't believe a year has gone by since I got my old Capri back and she's no where near ready for the road, progress over the last 3 months has been very slow due to the arrival of my first grandchild a beautiful little girl and a lot of my spare time has been spent on her, but now it's time to get focused on the car again, I have completed all the welding on the floorpan and underneath the car and have just chopped away the rotten rear valance ready to weld the new one in, rear wheel arches are next in line o/s side is full of filler so I dread to see what's left when I have chopped that out n/s not too bad but I will replace it. Anyhow guys I will keep you informed and fingers crossed she will be back on the road next year. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Toxcity
Car(s): 2015 Abarth 595 Competizione, 2004 Smart Roadster, 1983 Ford Capri LS 1600

Post by Toxcity »

Wish you the best of luck mate. Shame she was neglected. :(