MY 1600 Laser

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

MY 1600 Laser

Post by Ghia15 »

So this is my 1.6 ford capri laser. At the moment I am doing it up after it has sat for a few months.

I started by re fitting the starter motor and a fully chrged battery. After turning it over a couple of times it fired right up and ran sweet as a nut, a true testiment to the pinto engine. I left it running and then checked all the fluid levels and topped up where needed.

While I was running the engine I looked at the oil pressure, at idle it was above half way and when reved the pressure went higher.

Then i gave it a good wash which made such a difference. I also re bumpered the car with spares I had in the garage, the last owner said the originals were stolen from his garden when he was painting them.

While doing all this I noticed that there is very little rust on this car and the chassis seems to be solid. All looks good for the mot.

All in all I think it is a fantastic car, just hope the MOT man thinks the same and gives the green piece of paper we all long for.