Ghia project

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Ghia project

Post by Ghia15 »

This is the light resto on my mums 3.0 Ghia. It has an almost mint interior and the body work is not bad for a 29 year old car. It just needs the rust sanded off and treated then painted white. The right wing also needs a new coat of white paint as someone re painted it in cream when the car is diamond white, not really noticeable but i want it to be a good as i can get it.

Hopefully will be making an apearance at the up comming shows looking better than she does at the moment, She dosent look to bad in my opinion but as its not my car my opinion is not the one that matters.
Preacher man
Car(s): 1986 Silver Laser 1.6 Laser, fitted with 2.0L pinto. D228 MOM

Re: Ghia project

Post by Preacher man »

the front end on my laser looked just like yours , then i took the headlights off and seen the huge holes in the headlamp bowls - you could pass an orange through the holes. made a temporary repair usinf fibreglass - but i know i need to change the front end

hope yours is better than mine , get those headlamps out and have a look.

i had a look up inside the front wings on mine today and found what appears to be a large sponge in there.

neil