After what seems like an endless task of design and fabrication I finally had enough of the front suspension to mocking up the front wheels... I changed the design significantly mid fabrication by deciding to use BMW stud instead of the original ford... this means new wheels, new hubs, new wheel bearing, slightly different offsets and thus changes to the geo to accommodate
I also finished machining the brake bells and adapters (as I had already had these made prior to the changes).
The reason for the design change? basically I now have a huge range of suitable wheel design and sizes with the offsets i now run, and the wheels are available off the shelf.... Also the bearings, hubs etc all are beefier than before and i don't have to machine them myself, this is actually a significant advantage as I intend to keep this car long term.
Another ramification is im going to need to change some of the front chassis as the main brace diagonal is potentially going to touch the tyre with 2 inches of bump in a counter steering position... basically when the rear end steps out and I have to counter steer to catch it lol
Anyhow it was all worth it as its now exactly what I want with no compromises at all.. I can now start making the front wheel arches, like the rear my starting point is the X pack kit, however I have to widen it and move the wheel significantly higher in the arch, Ive also extended the wheelbase a little.
Brakes are 370mm discs with 8 pots, these run 2 brake pads so double bite of a standard single pad setup.
Wheels are now 10x19 front so I can run 260/30/19 tyres all round, I'm going to run electric power steering.