My Capri

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: My Capri

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:53 pm Wow, I love the engine bay, that is pristine!
andyd wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:27 pm As Andrew says great garage too. I wish.
If my garage was like that I'd move my bed in there! :lol:

Andrew.
:wave: At least we have garages but ours isn't somewhere I would want to drink wine :lol:

I need to show my mate these pics to spur him on with his 2.8 Special resto. It was a bit of a dog last time I saw it, now after 5 years of being parked in a shed god knows what state it's in :(
Pda.autos
Car(s): Ford capri 2.8special,jaguar xkr,jaguar xkr convertible ,vauxhall zafira

Post by Pda.autos »

Ha ha that’s funny!
Here’s a couple of pictures of it’s stable mates
There are 2 jaguars... love them all
Attachments
9D0387EB-A562-4B6A-B772-ADC8272DE20B.jpeg
A265019F-4E21-4C78-8142-39C1986139B1.jpeg
DF5CE30C-97C3-40D4-AB1F-6BB2619C5BDB.jpeg
57942ADD-5C39-4ED7-BD41-9D11596BA4E0.jpeg
Pda.autos
Car(s): Ford capri 2.8special,jaguar xkr,jaguar xkr convertible ,vauxhall zafira

Post by Pda.autos »

Andyd yes show him as any Capri saved is a thing. Get him in the garage 👍
Arnoldhar
Car(s): 2.0l mk3

Post by Arnoldhar »

hello Paul, hope your keeping well. i remember a day when your car nearly got wet and you sat in it under a bridge, remember that. In fact the photo below may well have been that day, back in 1987.
Imagefullsizeoutput_bf0 by andrew harwood, on Flickr/img]
Pda.autos

Post by Pda.autos »

Hi Andy
I’m very well thanks, glad to see you still have your car as well
Looking good, hope you and your family are doing well
Regards
Arnoldhar
Car(s): 2.0l mk3

Post by Arnoldhar »

All good thanks Paul. I was only having lunch with Phil the other day and you came up in converstaion about the day we stopped in the pub when a said group decided to take the PI** out of our red jumpers, i think it still makes him laugh!, the good old days.

you really should get the car out properly you know
Pda.autos

Post by Pda.autos »

I remember that well, I had come to a crossroads with the car..... sell it or keep it spoke to a couple of companies about selling it.... then thought when it’s gone I can’t get it back so looks like it will be staying for a few more years yet... though I won’t be showing it any more as I’m done with that..... never really understood how they could charge us for showing our cars only then to charge people to look at them???
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Pda.autos wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:10 pm Pbar always happy to answer questions and chat about cars
Thanks for the interest, only decided to post as no one normally gets to see the car and thought it was a shame
Regards
Thanks very much for sharing your info :)
mgentry90
Car(s): Fiesta, laser ( under modification )

Post by mgentry90 »

Is that Aston yours? Very nice indeed.
Pda.autos

Post by Pda.autos »

Hi
Aston was a treat last year and is now a stable mate for the other cars. very nice car and bespoke for me
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Two Jags your not that bloke who was a MP :lol: The Capri is probably worth more then the Aston now . Drove a DB9 a few years ago also do like the 70s ones .
Nice garage as well :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Pda.autos

Post by Pda.autos »

Ha! Definitely not an MP.
Capri was 10,500 when I brought it and back then you could buy a 3 bed house for 23,500
Aston was £ 180,000 so again half price of a house relatively speaking
Capri is insured for £50,000 at this time.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your car collection. Amazing Capri, think you would definitely have regretted it if you had sold it on. As for the Aston, what a privilege to own a car that nice, let alone the jags. If they're as well looked after as your :ford: I think they're in good hands.
Pda.autos

Post by Pda.autos »

Hi
Thank you for the kind comments
Capri is going nowhere after thinking about it,
Other cars are being looked after exactly the same as the Capri..... although between you and me the Capri will always be my favorite, as I said before it’s a lovely feeling to walk into the garage with a glass of wine and just look at them
sierra3dr
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri Cabaret 1.6,Ford Cortina MK5,1992 Ford Sierra Coupe,1988 Ford Sierra Coupe.Ford Sierra XR4i

Post by sierra3dr »

That is fookin gorgeous. I'd be so scared taking that out if I owned it

Pda.autos wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:52 pm It did win ford fair years ago and some cci shows
Then it got silly so I stopped showing it
There are some petty characters in the Classic car scene. It got heated on the Triumph Dolomite,accusing an owner of having a fake 1300 SE :x
Pda.autos

Post by Pda.autos »

Hi
My moment came at a Capri show years ago when in concours.....spent ages cleaning my car along with everyone else and up against some nice cars, then the judge’s came to look at my car and said it had the wrong washer bottle cap and wrong wheel nuts fitted as his brother had the same car.... so I asked if he had had it from new.. no came the reply... ok so maybe your brothers car is wrong then, but he wouldn’t have it...anyway then some guy parks his 280 next to mine..... having just got back from France... yellow headlamps and covered in flys and dirt.. guess what, he won. So I then told them it was a joke only to find out from another guy that said 280 owner was a friend of the judge!... not that I expected to win but he didn’t deserve to win and found it insulting to me and all the other people..... so that was the last time I showed my car...now use it for trips out for lunch or to the garden center.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Pda.autos wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:19 am Hi
My moment came at a Capri show years ago when in concours.....spent ages cleaning my car along with everyone else and up against some nice cars, then the judge’s came to look at my car and said it had the wrong washer bottle cap and wrong wheel nuts fitted as his brother had the same car.... so I asked if he had had it from new.. no came the reply... ok so maybe your brothers car is wrong then, but he wouldn’t have it...anyway then some guy parks his 280 next to mine..... having just got back from France... yellow headlamps and covered in flys and dirt.. guess what, he won. So I then told them it was a joke only to find out from another guy that said 280 owner was a friend of the judge!... not that I expected to win but he didn’t deserve to win and found it insulting to me and all the other people..... so that was the last time I showed my car...now use it for trips out for lunch or to the garden center.

Nepotism sounds about right! Concours is not my cup of tea but I respect the hard work that goes in.

Most shows now require payment and many in advance. Never understand why visitors often pay less than exhibitors :?

I only use my car for shows and we always have a good time, and 99% of people are great so I accept it and the odd imbecile :)
Pda.autos

Post by Pda.autos »

Concours is a very touchy subject but it’s something that really piques my interest ( just the ocd in me)and I have seen some fabulous cars over the years, but it’s something I will never do again and I’m very happy just having it for my own enjoyment, although I always keep my cars to concours standard....
It’s about what suits an individual person... and I always like to stop and chat when I see a Capri on the road.... fabulous site and so different from a modern box 📦 although I rarely let on I own one.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Pda.autos wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:20 pm Concours is a very touchy subject but it’s something that really piques my interest ( just the ocd in me)and I have seen some fabulous cars over the years, but it’s something I will never do again and I’m very happy just having it for my own enjoyment, although I always keep my cars to concours standard....
It’s about what suits an individual person... and I always like to stop and chat when I see a Capri on the road.... fabulous site and so different from a modern box 📦 although I rarely let on I own one.
You can't beat an original really clean/concours car imo. Once they are that clean it's easier to keep it to a high standard.

A mate has a Fiesta Supersport that he restored and is concours, he often takes the wheels off the clean the arches etc.

My car is clean with many original parts, but I don't go looking for dirt :D
Christoph2.8i
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.8 injection Special

Post by Christoph2.8i »

What a stunning example, you should be proud.

Any chance of some Interior shots for reference?

I have a 2.8i Special, 4th owner - it’s fully restored to stock spec but would love to see an interior shot so I can see the original leather steering wheel colour, gear knob etc..

Chris