1984 Capri 1.6 LS

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Synn
Car(s): Ford Capri LS MK3

1984 Capri 1.6 LS

Post by Synn »

Hi guys, thought I'd finally make my first post after lurking for tips for what seems like forever (not sure why i never posted before)

Here's my 84 Capri LS 4speed

I've had her since 2014 and narrowly pulled her back from being totally lost to the scrap yard.

Lots of rust around the front suspension (was told if i hit a speed bump too fast I'd be lucky to only put the strut through the hood), she seemed to have been kept as a rat rod, something I don't personally like.

I'm trying to work through a list of advisories at the moment after life got in the way and I let certain projects get away from me.

I had to replace one side mirror after the original totally rotted and fell off, luckily I found some classic chrome's that I'm sure aren't to everyones taste but I like them, I really should get around to fitting the driver side and wiring in the build in blinkers.

But anyway, here she is, my daughter loves her and refuses to let me even think about changing her, she has officially been dubbed lorelai
capri1.jpg
capri2.jpg
capri3.jpg
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Capri 1.6 LS

Post by Peter-S »

Welcome aboard :D
Obviously you already know you have come to the right place! Well done for keeping another on the road :)
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Synn

Re: Capri 1.6 LS

Post by Synn »

Peter-S wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:26 pm Welcome aboard :D
Obviously you already know you have come to the right place! Well done for keeping another on the road :)
Thanks Peter, it definitely is, I've already found answers to most issues I've encountered so far by just scanning the forum.

She's been a huge job to keep going, but it was definitely worth it, love how many people keep asking how much I'd sell her for, always one of the first thing's people ask me
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Re: 1984 Capri 1.6 LS

Post by Not_Anumber »

Well done for owning and improving this car.

Which part of Kent are you in, Im only wondering as there's the Capri 50 th coming up on 1st September in Dunton just over the bridge. Could be a good day out for you and your daughter to see a huge number of Capris.
Synn

Post by Synn »

Not_Anumber wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:54 pm Well done for owning and improving this car.

Which part of Kent are you in, Im only wondering as there's the Capri 50 th coming up on 1st September in Dunton just over the bridge. Could be a good day out for you and your daughter to see a huge number of Capris.
I'm far from Kent I'm afraid, way down in the murky depths of the southwest in Plymouth. Would love to get up that way for it but not sure the funds will be there for a long trip at the moment (never done more than a 30mile trip in the Capri either... as silly as that sounds)
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Great to see another one being saved!
Keep us updated on the progress :cheers:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Synn

Post by Synn »

D366Y wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:00 pm Great to see another one being saved!
Keep us updated on the progress :cheers:
It saved me so it's only right i return the favour.... just have to keep telling myself I can't afford to take on another project at the same time... will definitely keep the updates rolling in