Two tone colors

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Albe
Car(s): 2.8i 1982 Capri

Two tone colors

Post by Albe »

Hi I’m new to this forum
I have a graphite and silver 2.8i 1982 x registered
With checkered blue seats. Currently undergoing a full respiratory and new front wings due to top rails needed to be replaced a full engine out job doors off. My question is just hoed rare this 4 speed Capri is in thirst colors I’m unable to find one anywhere.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Two tone colors

Post by andyd »

:welcome: to the forum.

The 4 speed in general is now quite rare, and I can't imagine there are too many cars left in that colour combination.

Post some pictures when you can :)

:goodluck:
Albe

Post by Albe »

Hi andyb
Thanks for your reply the car has sat in my friends garage since 1992 after nearly 26 years of pestering him to let me buy it from him he gave in only due to an extension being built. I have known the car from new used to be that guy in the front passenger seat back in the 1980s I can’t find out how to upload pictures/attachments but when I do I can load the images of the car as she arrived to me.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Albe wrote:Hi andyb
Thanks for your reply the car has sat in my friends garage since 1992 after nearly 26 years of pestering him to let me buy it from him he gave in only due to an extension being built. I have known the car from new used to be that guy in the front passenger seat back in the 1980s I can’t find out how to upload pictures/attachments but when I do I can load the images of the car as she arrived to me.
Sounds like a good find :)

This assumes you have a pic on your computer (for example on your desktop) already -

1. Go to https://postimages.org/ (you do not have to be a member or login)
2. Click Choose Images
3. Browse to the pic you wish to use and double click it (or click once and click Open)
4. Copy the Direct Link in the list (i.e. click the symbol on the right or highlight it and press Control-c)
5. Open up a new message window on here (as if to type your reply/new message, or whatever, as you normally would)
6. Type your message and when done click the Img button and then press Control-v (this will paste the link you previously copied in step 4)
7. Press Preview to see how it will look or Submit, and you're done.

What I do on Post Image is;
1.Choose pic
2.Open
3.Go down to Hotlink for forums: and left click the icon on the right hand side (It will then say copied)
4.Go back to this forum, right click and paste it
:cheers:
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

There are quite a few two tone colours that I used to see regularly , Graphite over silver, forest green over crystal green, blue over silver, red over silver, Paris blue over glacier blue.. Hardly see any now.
Albe

Post by Albe »

Thanks Andy
I will post pictures this week when I’m able to get to my pc thanks for your input