MOO 732V 3.0 Ghia

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: MOO 732V 3.0 Ghia

Post by andyd »

Lez1962 wrote:As I’ve said before I think the only recourse I have is to annoy them both on Facebook etc
As tempting as it is and I would probably be the same, be careful with that it could end up nasty and you are better than that Les :)
Surely the office of fair trading can help you :headscratch: If not the laws need a kick up the ass.
Lez1962
Car(s): Currently driving vw touareg but Drive a Capri 3.0 ghia

Post by Lez1962 »

Hi Andy unfortunately Scottish law is different to ours so my hands are tied
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

I know you have been troubled by this Lez, I've read the whole thread, and can understand. But, in all honestly your car looks great. I'd be proud to jump in and drive and enjoy. Hope you can do the same. Lovely car :)
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Cheers pbar
I do love driving her but she’s lost her shine so to speak to the point I’m looking at a jap tuner and may well end up either not using her or selling her
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

I may be premature but can I ask what people think moo would be worth on the open market. I know she’s only worth what someone will pay but just curious atm
oldfords
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia Dressed as an "s"

Post by oldfords »

Lez1962 wrote:I may be premature but can I ask what people think moo would be worth on the open market. I know she’s only worth what someone will pay but just curious atm
More than likely a lot less than it stands you in when you factor in the value of the car and the recent restoration costs.

There was restored 3.0 Ghia on ebay recently that made £8500

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-3 ... _cvip=true
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I would have thought it would have made quite a bit more than that. LS's and Laser's have been selling for that.

Many people paying big money often want history and originality so if you have the side rubbers and the original wheels still I would make that clear in any advert.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

oldfords wrote:
Lez1962 wrote:I may be premature but can I ask what people think moo would be worth on the open market. I know she’s only worth what someone will pay but just curious atm
More than likely a lot less than it stands you in when you factor in the value of the car and the recent restoration costs.
Paul G wrote:
Many people paying big money often want history and originality so if you have the side rubbers and the original wheels still I would make that clear in any advert.
:agree:
Personally I like the car as it is, but when you change the colour and interior to your own tastes, then you will often reduce the amount of people who are willing to buy it.
Put it on Fleabite with a reserve you are happy with and see what it makes, also offer any standard parts to hopefully bump up the price.

Or just keep it :)

:goodluck: